OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

..and they're not doing any tackling at all in practice. CMR tried that at UGA once and we got dragged that season. Kiffin to LSU in 2019

The USC fans complaining that Helton only has the team go full pads 2-3x a week because he was a ***** quarterback are gonna have a fit over that news. Mean tough southern d line coach Ed O (who they wanted over Helton) doesn’t allow hitting?!?! But he coached under Carroll (who also no longer hits in Seahawks practice)!!!!

There’s a difference in not tackling in camp, and not tackling during the season.

Ed must not feel great about the depth he’s got at the skill positions.

You’ll love this Bobby Layne Bobby Layne :

The pac 12 is blaming their scheduling issues on the fact that they farmed out their schedule making to a 3rd party firm that didn’t prioritize “favorable” scheduling. They’re claiming the problems should be fixed now because they’re doing the schedules themselves with input from the schools.

So, the Pac 12 conference heads were not making their own conference schedules... hmm.

..and they're not doing any tackling at all in practice. CMR tried that at UGA once and we got dragged that season. Kiffin to LSU in 2019

Another classic CMR misstep. He thought it would lessen the load on the players, making them fresher during the season. All that garbage led to was an awful defense. That was a Faton Bauta level dumb decision

There’s a difference in not tackling in camp, and not tackling during the season.

Ed must not feel great about the depth he’s got at the skill positions.

Whether it works out or not is to be determined and his logic may be sound in not wanting to tackle but as a Georgia fan, I've seen what not tackling leads to

You’ll love this Bobby Layne Bobby Layne :

The pac 12 is blaming their scheduling issues on the fact that they farmed out their schedule making to a 3rd party firm that didn’t prioritize “favorable” scheduling. They’re claiming the problems should be fixed now because they’re doing the schedules themselves with input from the schools.

So, the Pac 12 conference heads were not making their own conference schedules... hmm.

Should they be more favorable to certain schools though? The B1G isn't and if anything the conference powers play harder schedules than everyone else. It's not a clean rotation, it's "parity scheduling". Michigan, OSU, and PSU play Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Iowa, more than anyone else in the East does. http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/75684/jim-delany-talks-divisions-league-schedules

Outside of the big schools having to host Thursday and Friday night games, I still don't really see what the problem is. The time slots are what they are for a reason, and again scheduling should be your last excuse when losing to the likes WSU or in the case of UW, ASU.

Should they be more favorable to certain schools though? The B1G isn't and if anything the conference powers play harder schedules than everyone else. It's not a clean rotation, it's "parity scheduling". Michigan, OSU, and PSU play Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Iowa, more than anyone else in the East does. http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/75684/jim-delany-talks-divisions-league-schedules

Outside of the big schools having to host Thursday and Friday night games, I still don't really see what the problem is. The time slots are what they are for a reason, and again scheduling should be your last excuse when losing to the likes WSU or in the case of UW, ASU.

"The B1G isn't?" Wasn't there something where they excluded certain schools from playing those Friday night games? Or did the schools just outright refuse and the B1G allowed them to be exempt? Genuinely asking.

I think its so funny that these schedules are finalized so far in advance. It's hard to tell if those are gonna be big games or not. Who knows how the landscape of CFB will look like in 7-8 years.

It can really screw you over. When OSU played Cal they were horrid (not that they were great before) and now with Oregon State who loses to FCS teams on the regular. They aren’t our big OOC games but when they suck that bad it’s a bad look

"The B1G isn't?" Wasn't there something where they excluded certain schools from playing those Friday night games? Or did the schools just outright refuse and the B1G allowed them to be exempt? Genuinely asking.

I was talking about the crossover rotations.

Yes Michigan and Nebraska refused them all together, and PSU was fine with them as long as they didn't host them. Which is why I have agreed that the major Pac 12 schools should not be hosting these games.

The Thursday and Friday night games are part of your guys TV deal aren't they? I'm not really sure what you're expecting Larry to do about a deal all the conference presidents agreed too.

Only a handful of games are part of the B1G deal, and the majority of them are getting filled by week 1 games. The only two games featuring teams on short weeks are PSU @ Illinois, and Minnesota @ IU.

I was talking about the crossover rotations.

Yes Michigan and Nebraska refused them all together, and PSU was fine with them as long as they didn't host them. Which is why I have agreed that the major Pac 12 schools should not be hosting these games.

The Thursday and Friday night games are part of your guys TV deal aren't they? I'm not really sure what you're expecting Larry to do about a deal all the conference presidents agreed too.

Only a handful of games are part of the B1G deal, and the majority of them are getting filled by week 1 games. The only two games featuring teams on short weeks are PSU @ Illinois, and Minnesota @ IU.

The Pac12 owns its own network and channel and I actually don't know/think the Friday night games are a requirement of any deal they have with ESPN or Fox. My understanding is that Larry Scott just likes the idea of being the only P5 conference on TV year-round at those times, ignoring that no one seems to be watching those games regardless.

He said in re, making USC and UCLA play multiple short week games in a year and making Stanford play the CCG on a short week, "We didn't realize it was a problem. We hadn't heard any complaints."

Might be garbage but at least we don’t employ known pedos and domestic abusers

He's got you there witnesskb24 witnesskb24

Also:

tenor.gif

LSU and Clemson home and home is great. Hope these teams stop the neutral sites, but I guess it depends on how much cache the non-SEC team has. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom