OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Yea they didn’t like him cuz he couldn’t coach and didn’t care to have a relationship with em. Got all their drills from Van Jefferson’s pop who’s a WR coach for the dolphins. Just lucked in to a talented room.

Well then.

172A7246-F6EA-4C54-8B90-269DF71A4D71.gif

Emmett Jones is good people. Tech's class is falling apart in large part because he's leaving.

So is everyone in agreement with me now that Kyler is the Heisman?

Or, is everyone still on that “Tua hasn’t even played in the 4th quarter” nonsense.

What percentage of voters voted before last weekend? That argument was brought up to me and I hadn't even considered.

I think it's Kyler. There's something to be said about Tua not playing in the fourth quarters because his team is so far ahead, but there's also something to be said for having to play at a Heisman level every game because you have one of the worst defenses in the country. Kyler couldn't afford to have a bad game or not play 4th quarter.

Also keep in mind that Oklahoma lost their starting running back this season and didn't miss a beat. If the voting is closed, I tend to go with the player who overcame more adversity.

Also, if your top quarterback prospect, how can you say no to Oklahoma? you playing in an offense that will showcase your abilities and your coach is the best play caller in college football.

Also, if your top quarterback prospect, how can you say no to Oklahoma? you playing in an offense that will showcase your abilities and your coach is the best play caller in college football.

Because it's still Norman, Oklahoma and your coach won't be there 2 years from now.

Because it's still Norman, Oklahoma and your coach won't be there 2 years from now.

Very few of these top contenders and college football Auburn really great places to live. Bama, Auburn, Clemson, Columbus, Ann Arbor, etc. aren't exactly poppin'.

Also, is there any solid information on Lincoln Riley's intentions? It seems like everyone is just assuming he's going to jump to the pros but are people even sure that's what he really wants?

Very few of these top contenders and college football Auburn really great places to live. Bama, Auburn, Clemson, Columbus, Ann Arbor, etc. aren't exactly poppin'.

Also, is there any solid information on Lincoln Riley's intentions? It seems like everyone is just assuming he's going to jump to the pros but are people even sure that's what he really wants?

No, you're sort of right, and I know the experience for a football player is different than for the average student or even average athlete, but for argument's sake:

I'd rather live in certainly...
- Ann Arbor (which is a nice college town when it's not winter),
- Auburn (less than 90 min drive to Atlanta),
- Columbus (which is a young person's "city" and salvageable)
- and even Clemson (2h drive to Atlanta and @scarsorscabs made the campus look kinda nice)

...than Norman/Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. I have friends who did under/grad programs at OU because their scholarships are great, but their lives and experiences outside of those programs sucked. You're still in Oklahoma.

Alabama is awful. Kids who go there do so for the 3 year NFL internship and because suitcases are dropped off at their parents houses. But I had friends who went there undergrad too and they said the football success towards the end of our college years was amazing but the social scene there is DREADFUL for anyone who isn't on the football team or a white legacy at one of the main frats or sororities. If you're a person of color you don't exist. I know dudes on the basketball team who were getting turned away at the door of parties. They had to lie and say they were football players.

As for Riley, NFL teams are calling him and at the very least his agent is telling people there's some mutual interest. He hasn't really tried to hide that.

Clemson is absolutely amazing.

My boy went on a couple visits in high school and cried when he didn't get in. Said it was great there and the videos and photos I've seen makes me believe that. He ended up at S. Car., which isn't bad party wise either.

My boy went on a couple visits in high school and cried when he didn't get in. Said it was great there and the videos and photos I've seen makes me believe that. He ended up at S. Car., which isn't bad party wise either.
I was there once and loved it. To be honest, South Carolina is pretty damn awesome in general.

Seeing the pics and videos from DJ's visits to Clemson, I see why its a great place to be. Its college football and nothing else.

I was there once and loved it. To be honest, South Carolina is pretty damn awesome in general.

Seeing the pics and videos from DJ's visits to Clemson, I see why its a great place to be. Its college football and nothing else.

Yeah I've been to South Carolina and was shown a lot of love (and the girls my boy brought around had all of us ready to risk it all) but I also realize there's another side to that State and even student body that I wasn't shown.

Back
Top Bottom