OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

I wonder what he was promised when he signed vs what transpired this year.

Hearing that he’s thinking about leaving isn’t surprising but if he actually did it that would be crazy

I wonder what he was promised when he signed vs what transpired this year.

I highly doubt Kirby promised him the starting job. I think he thought he'd beat Fromm out for the job. He enrolled early and everything and they've been going head-to-head since January. Fromm beat him out and continued to improve throughout the season, he was top 5 in quarterback rating and QB efficiency this season.

Maybe he doesn't see a path for him to start anytime soon. Maybe Fromm stays all four years. I dunno. If he wants to leave then so be it, no hard feelings.

Maybe he didn't feel like he got a fair shot to beat Fromm out either. Who knows.

Fromm isn't some scrub though. He was top 5 in QB rating and passing efficiency this season. That's a tough guy to beat out. It'd be one thing if Fromm had struggled and Fields didn't see increased play time, but its hard to justify starting Fields over someone on Fromm's level.

Fields is certainly more talented than Fromm. He's got a bigger arm and he's mobile, but he's still in that '1 read and run' mode. He needs time to develop.

We have a 4-star guy in this class who'd be our backup if Fields leaves, not an ideal situation.
Plumlee? I was told he’s been an Ole Miss silent committ for a few weeks and gonna wait to flip Wednesday to make it look like a “big deal”

Measuring these departures by ratings are so misleading. Kareem Walker and Drake Harris were guys who didn't play up to their ranking at all. :lol: Freddie Canteen and Alex Malzone being 4 stars is comical.

Plumlee? I was told he’s been an Ole Miss silent committ for a few weeks and gonna wait to flip Wednesday to make it look like a “big deal”

Wouldn't doubt this happens, we offered him a blue shirt.

Yeah the blue shirt is tough. I'm surprised we're considering him a blue shirt candidate seeing as we need a QB badly.

He's a good prospect whose been a really productive player, I'd totally understand him going to Ole Miss. He has a lot of other big offers.

A blue shirt doesn't mean anything except that he can't participate in team activities until fall semester starts so they count towards the next year's total. I get kids feeling like it's a slight to them or implies they're not as wanted as other kids but if they want to go to the school it shouldn't be a big deal.

Kyle Ford? :nerd:

I thought you could practice if you were a blueshirt, you just have to pay your own way until you get put on Scholarship. I could be wrong though

He made the right decision.
He did but he also didn't. He should have known it was going to be tough winning the job from a freshmen who just took that team to the national championship. Georgia did a great job selling him on him getting a legit a chance and how they will use him. It didnt work out.

Guys like him are 3 year players, or at least feel like you are. if he was a 3 year player, he should have never chose Georgia. Thats kind of on him.

he's going to waste a whole year playing on scout team. Not the risk I want to take if I'm a 3 year guy.

Back
Top Bottom