OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

I think he made a big jump last year and got offers from SC and a bunch of other big schools during the spring/summer evaluation period. I don’t know if most of the perceived Nebraska momentum came before the wider attention he started getting but I haven’t seen him talked about as a lock or even perceived lean there in a while.

But again I haven’t really been paying attention to him or 2021.

Turley was let go 3 months ago...

EDIT

Looks like they just indefinitely suspended him around signing day and it was assumed he was done. I remember us discussing the likelihood of roiding and an alleged title IX issue in here.

Has the NCAA ever cracked down on a program for rampant PED use? It feels like one of those things where everyone purposely keeps their head in the sand because they don't really want to know how the sausage is made.

Stanford is calling it a "personal matter".

Are current players allowed to publicly tweet at/comment on IG posts by HS players telling them to come to their school? Because I’m seeing LSU dudes do it a lot and I thought it was a minor violation.

Has the NCAA ever cracked down on a program for rampant PED use? It feels like one of those things where everyone purposely keeps their head in the sand because they don't really want to know how the sausage is made.

Stanford is calling it a "personal matter".

I don’t think so. There was an article back in 2012 by the AP that said the NCAA claimed a near zero-positive-test rate for steroids which was provably untrue. Vice did a couple of articles about it, after which the NCAA claimed they’d pushed schools to start drug testing harder before March madness and the FBS bowl games and caught a couple of kids for PEDs (we see the 1-2 per NY6 team each year.) Still it feels like they’re only testing for weed and claiming everyone else is clean.

Are current players allowed to publicly tweet at/comment on IG posts by HS players telling them to come to their school? Because I’m seeing LSU dudes do it a lot and I thought it was a minor violation.

I would hope that's not a violation and if it is that's pretty stupid.

So with as stupid as I think that it is that means it is probably some sort of violation :lol:

I would hope that's not a violation and if it is that's pretty stupid.

So with as stupid as I think that it is that means it is probably some sort of violation :lol:

A quick internet search makes it seem like it can be a violation depending on what is said (“click don’t type” rule) particularly if the current players are directed by staff to do it, but who knows :lol:

Sounds like 5* OT Paris Johnson will be back on the market soon, mostly because of UGA from what I gather
If UGA pulls him that's ridiculous. :lol: St. X is one of the most prominent programs in Cincy, and if OSU wants a kid from there then they'll get him. Shout out to the Cincy kids getting the bags too. :pimp:

Think OSU is pulling 2 kids from my HS this year. Darrion Henry and Jaheim Thomas.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's how the Briles tree operates, No playbook. Well at least Art/Kendal. Has done that at all his stops. Not sure about the other guys though (Lebby, Philip Montgomery, Babers, etc) but they are very protective/proprietary about that offense and how it works.

Which of course is why it's hard for Non-Briles affiliated folks to implement that system and have it be as smooth

Last edited:
Yeah, that's how the Briles tree operates, No playbook. Well at least Art/Kendal. Has done that at all his stops. Not sure about the other guys though (Lebby, Philip Montgomery, Babers, etc) but they are very protective/proprietary about that offense and how it works.

Which of course is why it's hard for Non-Briles affiliated folks to implement that system and have it be as smooth

Dino doesn’t use a playbook either. He’s talked about it a few times and Gary Patterson was roasting him about it in one of the coaches film rooms.

http://footballscoop.com/news/dino-...s-offense-we-teach-guys-the-way-they-grew-up/

Last edited:
Jalen Kimber committed to UGA

Weird deal... Texas hasn't been hard after him. A&M had a hard-on for him early and then backed off hard and prioritized other guys.

Hell of an athlete. Real head scratcher for me.

The more and more that I understand about the Baylor/Briles offense, the more I understand why the offense looked like complete dog**** last year (aside from the just the OL being bad)
You optimistic Kendal gets it going this year? Listened to the FSU roundtable and none of those guys sounded particularly confident in anything for this year.

The Baylor/Art Briles offense conceptually is just a funny idea to me: An offense so simple and efficient that anyone can play in it at warp speed, but also so convoluted that unless you've studied under it you can't really pick it up or steal it from just watching game film. Dino mentioned before the Clemson game last year that part of his reason for not using playbooks is because in the past they felt like people were trying to steal their plays and concepts, which is... ok. The Briles disciples guard the **** like it's state secrets.

The Baylor O/V&S seems like it would be really fun to play in as a receiver but if I was a guy with NFL ambitions I'd steer away from it. Outside of Josh Gordon those guys have had a really tough time adjusting to the league because of that systems limited route tree.

Blackman could be a really good fit in this O if that OL gives him some time.

Back
Top Bottom