OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Damn, is Baldwin really transferring because he's not going to be given a fair shake?

I think you’re gonna see even more QBs who aren’t gonna start right away enter the portal. I’d like to think Baldwin was given a fair shot but who knows. Tate wasn’t gonna start and he left, Baldwin wasn’t gonna start he left, and to be honest we know Fields wasn’t gonna start at UGA so he left. Seems like most of the ones in the portal are QBs but I can’t blame them one bit.

I think you’re gonna see even more QBs who aren’t gonna start right away enter the portal. I’d like to think Baldwin was given a fair shot but who knows. Tate wasn’t gonna start and he left, Baldwin wasn’t gonna start he left, and to be honest we know Fields wasn’t gonna start at UGA so he left. Seems like most of the ones in the portal are QBs but I can’t blame them one bit.

I’m curious to see how the NCAA handles these remaining waiver appeals.

I'd have LSU above Florida. Florida has tons of in-state competition for talent, LSU has a monopoly on the state of Louisiana. Also, LSU has a bigger fan base and better facilities.

Lowkey... outside of the Spurrier and Meyer years, Florida has never even performed or produced like a blue blood.

Don't @ me

UGA had 2 official national titles more than a decade before Florida ever won a conference title (any conference.) It's fun to rag on UGA, but truth be told, they have more history than Florida and more consistency winning over the past century. UF's football success is realllllly only over a 20 year window between 1990-2010.

I wasn't alive to watch the 60s, 70s, 80s UF teams so I'm sure someone will argue they were feisty and had unclaimed titles.

I suppose there is a debate to be had about what makes a blue blood and how much history and sustained success they have to have. But Keef's grandparents can claim they saw UGA win multiple titles spanning from their childhood to twilight years. Did UF even win a division pre-Spurrier? How many winning seasons total did they have? (I admittedly don't know and haven't looked it up, but I seem to recall seeing them talked about as not good before him.)

Last edited:
Recency, though. UGA hasn't won a title since 1980. The 2nd title you're talking about is pre-integration :lol:. Georgia would trade their football history with Florida's without blinking.

It may just be me, but I place less value on dudes winning in the pre-integration and leather helmets eras.

Recency, though. UGA hasn't won a title since 1980. The 2nd title you're talking about is pre-integration :lol:. Georgia would trade their football history with Florida's without blinking.

It may just be me, but I place less value on dudes winning in the pre-integration and leather helmets eras.

Yeah, that's fair for sure. It's basically the Notre Dame argument lol.

casper90403 casper90403 Elias Ricks's handlers are eliminating SC. They're trying to fast track him to the NFL and they're not sold on these coaches post-Bradford era.

Anybody with knowledge on why Stanford S&C coach Shannon Turley was relieved of his duties? Know he was on admin leave since February. Had been there for 12 years

Lowkey... outside of the Spurrier and Meyer years, Florida has never even performed or produced like a blue blood.

Don't @ me

Not that it actually matters but they're "new money". Bama's the only consensus blue blood in the SEC. UTk is borderline.

D4iZ0oaXsAIXVDn.jpg:large

:lol::lol::lol:

Anybody with knowledge on why Stanford S&C coach Shannon Turley was relieved of his duties? Know he was on admin leave since February. Had been there for 12 years

Tangible: There was an incident with a former player and a possibly related alleged Title IX issue.

Pac 12 rumors that are also factual: His players have been roiding since Harbaugh was there and, also related, there's concern about the number of injuries they've suffered lately in football.

Manny better win after flashing all this offseason swag cuz we've seen this movie before.

Jaden Navarrette already decommitted from LSU for Oregon??? Its been like 2 weeks!

Oregon "swag" must have been fierce.

DJ getting treated like he’s King right now in Oregon. Even the AD taking pics with him. This is the last shot for them.

Back
Top Bottom