OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Please share your thoughts on this statement:

“The point that I am making is that USC is one quality head coach from dominating again. A quality coach at a place with USC's inherent advantages (listed above) will trump social media, xbox, and whatever other parlor trick inferior schools rely on.”

The “inferior” school he’s specifically referring to is Oregon. The argument being Pete Carroll pulled in #1 classes with ****ty facilities and resources so clearly “USC recruits itself.”

“The point that I am making is that USC is one quality head coach from dominating again. A quality coach at a place with USC's inherent advantages (listed above) will trump social media, xbox, and whatever other parlor trick inferior schools rely on.”

The “inferior” school he’s specifically referring to is Oregon. The argument being Pete Carroll pulled in #1 classes with ****ty facilities and resources so clearly “USC recruits itself.”

I'd agree with that. Especially at least in the Pac 12.

The keyword is "quality" tho.

I agree. That's why the answer for the next head coach of the University of Sexual Ballers is no other than Ed O!

well yeah, thats an obvious statement and the reason why I was adamant about Clay not being hired in the first place.

Lets see what happens if Urban gets hired. Immediate turn around. The Cali kids last year and this year would not be leaving the state. We;d have Steele, Bru, Ricks, Milton and Flowe locked up if we had a big name. No doubt about it.

But we know this.

Loving the early national championship noise being made for Texas.

Where at? On their boards? They seem to be a trendy playoff pick, but I haven’t seen anyone go that far.

I think they’re a 9-3ish type team honestly. Even if Sam breaks out and has a heisman worthy season, I still doubt they have enough to be even a top 5 team let alone a playoff one.

Where at? On their boards? They seem to be a trendy playoff pick, but I haven’t seen anyone go that far.

I think they’re a 9-3ish type team honestly. Even if Sam breaks out and has a heisman worthy season, I still doubt they have enough to be even a top 5 team let alone a playoff one.

Seeing the hype on their boards but also in experts talking about them. A bunch of people seem to think OU is going to take a step back, that the only other speed bump will be LSU, and that a 1 loss UT will get in.

I’m getting strong 2017 USC vibes from them.

Seeing the hype on their boards but also in experts talking about them. A bunch of people seem to think OU is going to take a step back, that the only other speed bump will be LSU, and that a 1 loss UT will get in.

I’m getting strong 2017 USC vibes from them.

I actually like their prospects this year better than I did last year around this same time. Hurts should improve as a passer, and Lincoln is smart enough to craft an offense around his strengths.

On D, Grinch has had results with less. If he can at least get them to being an average P5 D it would be a major success.

I actually like their prospects this year better than I did last year around this same time. Hurts should improve as a passer, and Lincoln is smart enough to craft an offense around his strengths.

On D, Grinch has had results with less. If he can at least get them to being an average P5 D it would be a major success.

I know that they're absolutely meaningless but Hurts looked great, and extremely comfortable, in the spring game. I'm confident OU will win at least 10 games.

The NCAA still won't let Reggie back on campus at USC. Seems he's the only player with a permanent disassociation ruling and NCAA has threatened SC with additional penalties if they associate with him.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-reggie-bush-usc-ncaa-college-football-20190420-story.html

“I would be lying to you if I said I didn’t want to go back and be a part of the school,” Bush said. “I love USC."

USC would like to have Bush back on campus as well. The school has tried on at least three occasions to have the ban removed or lessened. The NCAA has rebuffed each attempt.

“USC has long said that we would love to have Reggie back around campus but the NCAA has mandated the school permanently disassociate from Reggie,” USC sports information director Tim Tessalone said. “If we did so it would lead to further NCAA penalties. We have tried several times to appeal the permanent disassociation with no luck. We would love to have him back. We’re going to keep trying but this isn’t a USC decision.”

Leinart is hopeful Bush’s return to college football will pave the way for him to return to USC as well.

“What’s happening with Reggie is a travesty,” Leinart said. “I understand the situation and what happened but we’re 13 years removed from it now and there’s still this black cloud hovering over him. I just wish the NCAA would allow him to move on. It just needs to stop. It’s ridiculous. I hope it happens at some point. To have Reggie back in college football in this role might be the first step towards that happening.”

Chris Webber was indicted on five charges, including obstruction of justice and lying to a federal grand jury for misrepresenting his relationship with Ed Martin, a Michigan basketball booster, who testified he paid Webber $280,000 in cash and gifts. Shortly after Martin’s death in 2003, Webber pleaded guilty to the reduced charge of criminal contempt to avoid a possible jail sentence. The NCAA forced Michigan to disassociate itself from Webber for 10 years, which was the largest such penalty at that time. Webber has been welcome back at Michigan since the ban ended and last year served as an honorary football team captain before the Penn State game in Ann Arbor.

FSU might go Jordan Brand next year.

I don't really believe it but apparently there's talk out there about it.

Didn’t they just reup their Nike contract a few years back? How does that work? I’ve been wondering for some time if Jordan Brand and Nike sponsorship deals overlap.

I agree. That's why the answer for the next head coach of the University of Sexual Ballers is no other than Ed O!
No. Big Ed needs to stay at LSU forever.

The second he leaves, Woodward's coming after Jimbo. :lol:

Also nako xl nako xl ... Looking like EJ got the 'resign or get fired' treatment at 247. Big rumors he's about to team up with A&M 247 cast off Taylor Hamm and start their own thing.

:lol: you better hope Ed O wins a Natty then

Sexton and Jimbo are going to negotiate an infinity million dollar extension out of this

Back
Top Bottom