OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Just realized Nebraska top 20, TCU 14, Stanford 22 and Utah 8 :wow:

Phil mailed it in this year. He simmed these rankings off NCAA on his Xbox.

Curious to see how Penn State is this year without Trace there.

Also shocked Wisconsin isn’t in his top 25, I feel like they’re always top 25 to start... not that they deserve it but :lol:

Wiscy was overrated last season because everyone assumed they would reload on defense, even though the only positions they have reloaded at in the history of their program is OL & RB.

I think Mertz is going to struggle out the gate, but Jonathan Taylor is the truth. He's got a chance to leave there as the best back they have ever had.

Just realized Nebraska top 20, TCU 14, Stanford 22 and Utah 8 :wow:

Phil mailed it in this year. He simmed these rankings off NCAA on his Xbox.

TCU's going to be good if they can find a QB.

I don't see Utah overtaking UW as Pac 12 champs, but is 22 really that bad for Furd?

Wiscy was overrated last season because everyone assumed they would reload on defense, even though the only positions they have reloaded at in the history of their program is OL & RB.

I think Mertz is going to struggle out the gate, but Jonathan Taylor is the truth. He's got a chance to leave there as the best back they have ever had.

TCU's going to be good if they can find a QB.

I don't see Utah overtaking UW as Pac 12 champs, but is 22 really that bad for Furd?

Stanford has 5 returning starters from a bad team, their new online coach underdelivered last season and their respected S&C coach was fired in spring. They were 9-5 in 2017 and 9-4 last year with more talented teams. I don’t expect them to be better this year.

Last edited:
He’s sleeping on Okie St, and I don’t see how MSU is going to be any better than they were last year.

MSU will have the top defense in the Big Ten but the offense is bad, real bad. Also Lewerke is in the Devin Gardner syndrome phase because of that OL is bad like Michigans OL was prior Ed Warriner got there. Oklahoma State will be better this year.

@ThaxbyChamblis Pie still hasn't entered the transfer portal. He has his degree, so he may just be calling it a career on football. He may also be looking the semi-pro, pro route. He also may be changing his mind and staying at SC.

TMZ: EX-USC FOOTBALL COACHI WAS FIRED, HUMILIATED... For Whistle-Blowing

A former assistant coach for the USC Trojans football team is suing the school -- claiming he was fired and humiliated after reporting multiple violations to school officials ... and now he wants at least $2 MIL to make things right.

The man behind the lawsuit is Rick Courtright -- who was hired as a senior defensive analyst in early 2016, after coaching at various levels (including the NFL) for nearly 33 years.

During his time with USC, Courtright claims he witnessed some violations and felt obligated to report them to the USC compliance office so they could address the matter in-house.

Among the allegations, Courtright claims he learned 2 USC graduate assistants working for the football were paying other students to take their classes for them -- with the blessing and funding coming from USC defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast.

In his lawsuit, Courtright says he also reported safety violations -- including an incident where 2 football players were injured in an unsupervised pre-game warmup, where they were not wearing proper protective gear. Courtright says the players suffered concussions as a result.

After he blew the whistle, Courtright says people at USC retaliated against him -- from gluing his computer mouse to his desk ... to leaving nasty sticky notes at his work-station calling him a "d*ckhead" and an "a**hole."

He also claims various clothing items were stolen, people stopped talking to him and eventually USC head football coach Clay Helton placed him on administrative leave before forcing him to resign in May 2018.

Courtright adamantly believes the treatment was a direct result of his whistle-blowing -- and he's demanding more than $2 MILLION.

We reached out to USC -- so far, no official comment.

Wisconsin going to be 7-5 again with a new QB, Stanford will be 8-9 wins.

I feel like I don't even need to watch Wisconsin Football anymore, I know the script.
- Taylor is gonna get 25+ carries a game and go for ~2000 yds
- Passing game is going to struggle
- They're going to win alot of ugly 20-17 type games
- They'll give 7 or 8 games and play a middling SEC like South Carolina in a bowl game

Graph detailing the correlation between recruiting rankings and on field winds. Please send this to anyone you know in the "stars don't matter" or "recruiting is overrated camp" .

Well stars don't really matter for O linemen, in their case it's more about evaluation and projection, and SEC schools tend to be in regions with and get all of the 4-5 star O linemen. But yes.

Still waiting on official word but the new president may have just fired Clancy Pendergast over this grad assistant/defensive analyst lawsuit.

casper90403 casper90403 take a personal day and celebrate.

Still waiting on official word but the new president may have just fired Clancy Pendergast over this grad assistant/defensive analyst lawsuit.

casper90403 casper90403 take a personal day and celebrate.

Firing him looks like they are admitting guilt, no?

What a bad time to make a change. Who would step up?

Back
Top Bottom