**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random the Mccdonalds All American Roster that Austin Rivers was on is a pure dumpster fire.

2011 West Roster

24 Khem Birch
21 Wayne Blackshear
32 Anthony Davis
22 Branden Dawson
12 Myck Kabongo
2 Le'Bryan Nash
25 Austin Rivers
30 Marquis Teague
4 Adonis Thomas
1 Amir Williams
14 Kyle Wiltjer
40 Cody Zeller

32 Bradley Beal
21 Chane Behanan
22 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
5 Michael Carter-Williams
25 Rakeem Christmas
2 Quinn Cook
14 Michael Gilchrist
15 P. J. Hairston
44 James Michael McAdoo
11 Johnny O'Bryant III
40 Marshall Plumlee
3 Shannon Scott

People were super down on Austin as a prospect and he's had one of the longest careers. :lol:

I think folk gotta be careful. There are structural and internalized forces that cause certain races and ethnicities to select into different sports, and then your have the local infrastructure to make them successful. Just claiming bad genetics is as bad as Cuban's hot take on culture.

Right. I didn’t say those kind of white athletes don’t exist; I said they’re more rare than black athletes that have both elite size and elite athleticism. You’re talking about like the best one percent of one percent of people white athletes. I was speaking on a much more general basis.
well keep in mind im not asking why there aren't more freak athlete white guys, im talking why there just aren't more white american basketball players.

I feel like there a lotta white guys who are good enough athletes to be in the NBA but don't end up even playing basketball.

From Chris' words it was "b.s."

Few months later Chris leads a bunch of Rockets to a secret tunnel into LAC's locker room to beat up Austin :lol:

:lol: :lol: I mean facts but Michael Eaves hadn't worked for the team in over a decade almost when he wrote that on damn Facebook :lol:

And if you actually believe Doc, who didn't even want Austin on the team, who didn't even have a relationship with his son...wouldn't have pulled the trigger on a Austin for Melo deal then I mean..yeah lol

If you squint hard enough, you can see Austin as being a worthy gamble for them.

Before 30 games w/washington, he spent the last two seasons as being one of the best isolation players and step back 3pt shooters in the league. In MDA's system that promotes heavy isolation, it could work.

It may not, but it's a worthy gamble. Could of done a lot worse.
There's no squinting necessary :lol: Rockets are starting House playing him big minutes and depending on Nene, Gary Clark and Brandon Knight off the bench :sick:

I don't then maybe...but how come white dudes dominate the tight end position?

Gronk, greg olsen back in the day and Travis Kelce, Zach Ertz, all seem plenty athletic.
TE requires the least athleticism and speed out of the non-QB skill positions though. Travis Kelce and Zack Ertz are probably the only ones from that group with good speed and athleticism. Gronk is great but he always been clumsy and robotic. That's why he's always hurt.

Adam Theilen is fast and athletic but he's rare.

There's a reason why all the best WR's, RB's and CB's are black. Black and white people just have different genetics.

one of the best isolation players .
Cat gets to the bucket pretty much at willl.....................then
tnCGik.gif

^^^ Honestly, toward the end, it was clear that the whole Lob City Group was frustrated with their own failures and blaming eachother for why they didn’t achieve more. It probably has more today with the situation as a whole than any particular failings on an individual level.

Random the Mccdonalds All American Roster that Austin Rivers was on is a pure dumpster fire.

2011 West Roster

24 Khem Birch
21 Wayne Blackshear
32 Anthony Davis
22 Branden Dawson
12 Myck Kabongo
2 Le'Bryan Nash
25 Austin Rivers
30 Marquis Teague
4 Adonis Thomas
1 Amir Williams
14 Kyle Wiltjer
40 Cody Zeller

32 Bradley Beal
21 Chane Behanan
22 Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
5 Michael Carter-Williams
25 Rakeem Christmas
2 Quinn Cook
14 Michael Gilchrist
15 P. J. Hairston
44 James Michael McAdoo
11 Johnny O'Bryant III
40 Marshall Plumlee
3 Shannon Scott

People were super down on Austin as a prospect and he's had one of the longest careers. :lol:

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

There's no squinting necessary :lol: Rockets are starting House playing him big minutes and depending on Nene, Gary Clark and Brandon Knight off the bench :sick:

Point taken lmao

Only reason why I said squint was cause although AR's my guy...he was a dumpster fire in Washington. Like legit hard to watch terrible.

Hopefully it was the toxic that is the Washington wizards, and it being a smallish sample size because the wizards version of AR isn't helping any team in the league.

TE requires the least athleticism and speed out of the non-QB skill positions though. Travis Kelce and Zack Ertz are probably the only ones from that group with good speed and athleticism. Gronk is great but he always been clumsy and robotic. That's why he's always hurt.

There's a reason why all the best WR's, RB's and CB's are black. Black and white people just have different genetics.
not buying this completely.

Yes it's true people of west African decent, have advantages in sports like football....but not enough of one to have like zero white CB's and like a couple white RB's and WR's.

well keep in mind im not asking why there aren't more freak athlete white guys, im talking why there just aren't more white american basketball players.

I feel like there a lotta white guys who are good enough athletes to be in the NBA but don't end up even playing basketball.

That’s fair and I agree with you.

:rofl:........always reminds me of Chris Rock and his Super Slave routine...
said Plantations were legit breeding Super Slaves.............
...funny but pretty true.....You breed Shaka Zulu with Amanirenas over and over...................you are getting some Super Warriors, though

Point taken lmao

Only reason why I said squint was cause although AR's my guy...he was a dumpster fire in Washington. Like legit hard to watch terrible.

Hopefully it was the toxic that is the Washington wizards, and it being a smallish sample size because the wizards version of AR isn't helping any team in the league.
They desperate they don't have a choice. Brandon Knight has looked worse :sick:

Yes it's true people of west African decent, have advantages in sports like football....but not enough of one to have like zero white CB's and like a couple white RB's and WR's.
Yeah it is interesting but it's not like black players were always allowed in these sports leagues. The rules were set up against us. Soon as they opened the doors and made it fair black americans just took it over. That shows a big difference in genetics.

I think austin can work in Houston. I actually don't like the move because there's a chance it helps them stay competitive. Hopefully he's trash

I think the same thing is true with black people and baseball or hockey

:rofl:........always reminds me of Chris Rock and his Super Slave routine...
said Plantations were legit breeding Super Slaves.............
...funny but pretty true.....You breed Shaka Zulu with Amanirenas over and over...................you are getting some Super Warriors, though
That breeding stuff is BS too. White people pushed that as a way to give themselves credit. Breeding did happen but that's not why people of African decent are more athletic. Africans have a long history of being more advanced and doing great things long before slavery.

I'm with you on this one.

Kenyans and Ethiopians dominate marathon running, yet they are both nonexistent in cycling.

Black folk are over represented in football, basketball, and track. But under represented in Hockey, Lacrosse and tennis.

It is not strictly about genetics. In fact, in the grand scheme of things, I don't think it is that important. Your are gonna find great athletes in every gene pool, but are they: a) choosing to play certain sports b) have the proper infrastructure to succeed at the sport c) are being trained properly.

Finally many do not realize that college sports is affirmative action for suburban white kids. So much attention is paid to the black faces that play football and basketball that folk ignore all the white faces making up wrestling, rowing, tennis, and volleyball teams. Think of all the athletic beast that go into those sports that the high profile ones because it is a easier come up for a scholarship, and black communities hardly pay attention to them or don't have the infrastructure to let their kids pursue them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom