**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
allie looking cute af tonight

that was as entertaining of a skills challenge as you could get. they def need to add more obstacles

This is exactly why I found him taking to Twitter to claim he was hacked on NT kind of hilarious; his Twitter had worse content on it than what he said on here and it proves he’s not who he claimed. If you’re going to use the “I was hacked” line, at least don’t do it in a way that actually makes you look worse...:smh:
Right? If we didn't already see sufficient cause to ban the account prior to the discovery of those tweets, we certainly did after he indicated that 1) the @Duke330 account was illegitimate and 2) the backup account was registered by a racist.

Let's go over the "impostor" theory for a moment.

In essence, Mr. Schwartz is alleging that some 15-year-old kid envious of his sneaker collection used Mr. Schwartz's unpublished email account back in 2017 to exact revenge on him.
Any NikeTalk account created using this email address would require validation - meaning the impostor would've needed at least temporary control of said account.

If Mr. Schwartz had never heard of NikeTalk, as is implied by his claim that he'd found a new place to discuss sneakers online, it would stand to reason that he'd be unaware of the impostor account on our systems - but you'd think he would notice if he'd been locked out of his personal email account.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the hacker never locked him out, and that the email account remained under Mr. Schwartz's control. All Mr. Schwartz would need to do in order to gain control over @Duke330, at any point, would be to perform a simple password recovery.

Instead, he created a new account, @kyrie swerving , and registered it, oddly enough, from the same device used to access @Duke330.

So this hacker, who had access to Mr. Shwartz's email account and, apparently, his Internet connection, created an account in January of 2017 and set in motion a needlessly slow-moving plan to discredit a racist by making it seem as though he held a job with the Cleveland Cavaliers organization. Just to maintain the illusion, he even changed the account name away from "jswo" to the less personally identifiable @Duke330, plugged his social media accounts, and included the same website link in his NikeTalk profile as currently appears on Mr. Schwartz's Twitter account.

And it was the grand scheme of this impostor, dating back to the account's creation over two years ago, to lull community members into a false sense of trust with an entire year's worth of posts about LeBron James and Kyrie Irving sneakers, which included winning a raffle under Mr. Schwartz's name, all so that he could eventually sully Mr. Schwartz's reputation via a series of easily disproved claims about his purported employment by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Once he uncovered this deception, the real Jeffrey Schwartz sprang into action, as if to say, "I may be a racist - but I will not be falsely accused of working for the Cleveland Cavs!"

This is either the worst excuse for an impostor we've had in NikeTalk's 19 year history, or the worst impostor excuse.

I'll leave it to you to decide which.

Blocked.gif

It seems that Mr. Schwartz wants to prevent our official Twitter account from responding any further to his claims - or reporting his prior posts to Twitter for clear policy violations.

If anyone here disapproves of his behavior, I ask that you refrain from taking any actions that could be construed as harassment and instead report his racist posts to Twitter for their review.

Personally, I think the 15 minute suspension he apparently received earlier today is grossly inadequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom