**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Draymond also fall into this category... Like the Warriors need 20ppg from you to justify the max.. Seriously let them walk.. miss the playoffs every year then sign to be your bench player for the vet min

I don’t understand why players who aren’t superstars keep get the max... like if they want to go to a bad team let them go... Your glue guy shouldn’t be making star player money...

Its like they keep getting treated like they’re KG when they aren’t...
Hell I don’t ever remember Rodman getting star money on the Bulls

Because teams are desparate and will throw max money at a 4th option just to keep their heads above water. For the team hoping to retain him, it depends on who they feel they can replace that player with. For philly, you really aren’t going to sign anyone better than Tobias that can replace him 1:1. What you can do is max jimmy, who deserves it, and go take that 35 mill and fill the bench and hope you can develop the team to play better as a whole so you aren’t reliant on 4 stars to carry the weight of the team (warriors).

At this point, I’m opting for letting Tobias walk. He came in hot but disappeared in the playoffs. I don’t know if it was a lack of chemistry and he just needed more time to gel with the team which I would understand. But there were moments that I feel like that wouldn’t have mattered anyway. Just seemed like he hid way too much on offense at times and when he did shoot, more often than not, he was dreadful. (4/17 or something like that in one playoff game).

But for philly if you let Tobias walk you basically let Landry Shamet go for nothing and that HURTS for a team that desparately needs both shooting and cheap talent.

Phillys in a pickle.

KD leaving the Warriors, especially coming off this injury, would be a huge mistake.

The issue is there are salary tiers.. Just because you can get more money on your new contract doesn’t mean you deserve more money on your third contract

Tobias was never a star player.. his second contract max money doesn’t justify a third contract max money. How do you reward superstars in the league if every fringe all star is getting the same money as them.

It’s like 2nd contract max is for budding stars fringe all stars you hope develop into a borderline superstar, perennial All Star.

Like say if Draymond leaves and teams up with another star in the east.. would that team have a great chance of making the playoff every year. Yes. Is a max contract in that situation justified.. Yes.. but let’s say

KD leaves then you’ll need Draymond to get you 18ppg and around 35% from 3 consistently and a go to post move that he can rely on come playoff time.. Is he that player now noo... you know who has become that type of player Blake Griffin

The point is it kinda should be.

Tobias Harris shouldn’t be a $30m+ a year asset.
Part of the long-standing argument that the NBA should go to the MLB model and do away with the cap & max contracts, and just institute a competitive balance tax, which functions like the luxury tax.

Salaries for role players would plummet, salaries for superstars would soar

Bringing hype can only take it so far if he doesn't deliver.

Do WE need that though? All Star weekend is for little kids and casual fans. For them, I could see his name being there making a difference.

Do you have a source to prove this claim?

#SportsCultureExtremes

Melo on the Lakers will be dope. I’ve been told that cuffs dude is never wrong

Wait, I just found out Woj was the first to report that lebron was gonna go to LA. And y’all be running this man’s name through the mud? :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom