**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those silicon valley types that will be the only ones able to afford anything in the new arena don't even really know what they're looking at when they go to a game.

Curry is locked into his deal, Klay will likely re-up... that's really all they need to keep butts in seats.

And they're renting a massive amount of office space to Uber at Bay area prices so any game day losses would be offset by rent collected.

GSW's bottom line is probably good for the foreseeable future.
True, but the gentrification of the warriors means the trendy types ain't going to see a team struggling. That was the die hard filling up Oracle for all those years. Now the die hard are being priced out by those wanting to see future hall of famers, will they spend that to see a bunch of bench players? We'll see, durant is one of the most important pieces to the ownership success, lock him up and you have two or maybe three all NBA players, who you can pretty much throw out there with anyone to be entertaining.

Those silicon valley types that will be the only ones able to afford anything in the new arena don't even really know what they're looking at when they go to a game.

Curry is locked into his deal, Klay will likely re-up... that's really all they need to keep butts in seats.

And they're renting a massive amount of office space to Uber at Bay area prices so any game day losses would be offset by rent collected.

Obviously ownership will want to have more than just two stars, but if for whatever reason they can't get more, its not that big of a deal.

But GSW's bottom line is probably good for the foreseeable future.

if warriors start losing, those overpriced seats will start to be empty. perhaps a poor comparison but the 49ers built a brand new stadium in the heart of silicon valley at the height of their most recent success. PSL/season tickets sold out quick. after a season of mediocrity, those "silicon valley" types quickly disappeared and the stadium looks dead on sundays.

given the ridiculous pricing of concessions at AT&T park at Giants' games, i can't imagine how much **** is going to cost at the new Chase Center. if techies stop showing up to games, warriors aren't filling up a stadium with a bunch of white-collar, corporate folk willing to spend $18.50 on a 12 oz. cup of Sierra Nevada Ale. they stand to lose a lot if warriors stop winning.

Like I said a few days ago; The Warriors without KD would still be contenders but they wouldn't be an outright heavy favorite. They would fall back in line with the rest of the pack. They would still be dangerous but would obviously become more beatable.

Even though I had no problem with KD moving there a couple years ago, I can't help but think that it robbed us of the chance to see what this team could have been. How would they have responded next season? How better would the players have been? What kind of player would Steph had become? What would have been the next steps this team took to get better? What would a Cavs and GS rematch look like? So many questions out there that we'll never have the answers to.

True, but the gentrification of the warriors means the trendy types ain't going to see a team struggling. That was the die hard filling up Oracle for all those years. Now the die hard are being priced out by those wanting to see future hall of famers, will they spend that to see a bunch of bench players? We'll see, durant is one of the most important pieces to the ownership success, lock him up and you have two or maybe three all NBA players, who you can pretty much throw out there with anyone to be entertaining.

You're right.

I just don't anticipate that much of a problem for them with a season ticket waiting list over twice the capacity of the new arena, the Raiders leaving, the 9ers being mediocre and the Kings being a non-issue. Plus Warriors real estate investments and not having to pay for a lease on the new building.

Does the bay have an MLS team?

if warriors start losing, those overpriced seats will start to be empty. perhaps a poor comparison but the 49ers built a brand new stadium in the heart of silicon valley at the height of their most recent success. PSL/season tickets sold out quick. after a season of mediocrity, those "silicon valley" types quickly disappeared and the stadium looks dead on sundays.
lacob and co have a front row seat to what could possibly happen if you let the team fall off.

So Vegas is saying in November 2018 that we’re a huge long shot to sign Kevin Durant in July 2019. Sigh. Midas whale disband the team now and give up....

It’s been a good run HIM HIM and P C H P C H - let’s stay in touch...

You shouldn’t look at it like that. Go put $150 on the books. The Clippers should and will still go hard after KD and if he does sign you’ll be a lot richer.

That’s literally all I was suggesting btw. If you have any thought that KD is even a possibility for the Clippers (and he is because they do have max cap space), you should go put some money down. It would be extremely stupid not to.

Yeah but one of the main reasons that nobody wants to go see the 9ers at home is a major design flaw in the stadium.

Most of their kick offs are when the sun in BLASTING on 70% of the crowd. I heard its unbearable.

You're right.

I just don't anticipate that much of a problem for them with a season ticket waiting list over twice the capacity of the new arena, the Raiders leaving, the 9ers being mediocre and the Kings being a non-issue. Plus Warriors real estate investments and not having to pay for a lease on the new building.

Hey my g, we got the A's, too. And yea it's in San Jose, the earthquakes. They've had some good years, too.

You're right.

St Jose earthquake

Yeah but one of the main reasons that nobody wants to go see the 9ers at home is a major design flaw in the stadium.

Most of their kick offs are when the sun in BLASTING on 70% of the crowd. I heard its unbearable.

the glaring sun was an excuse for folks to stop showing up to see a 5-11/6-10 team get mollywhopped by the Seahawks. once sherman was eating turkey legs on the 50, he effectively killed Levi's stadium.

no doubt, it can be hot as **** at that stadium but let's be real cats in new york and green bay show up in the dead of winter snow, shirtless to see their teams. if niners were winning, folks would be bathing in sunscreen to cheer them on

could never stand SAS. the epitome of a person who thinks that having the loudest voice is the way to win an argument.

What is he even threatening to do :lol:. Keep asking the same question over and over and make himself look like an even bigger idiot?

The theatrics in the Adam Silver era certainly feels like the sliders have been turned up a bit :lol:

Sports drama has always been a thing but it's been on overload in the past 5 years. Narratives on top of narratives. All the talking heads have become caricatures of themselves. There's like a reality-tv show drama that goes along with the product on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom