**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What smart team wants to take away minutes from their young guys to let Melo collect stats? Especially for a guy who is a ball stopper.

Well he for sure isn't gonna get picked up by a contender. Not every team has young guys at the 3 or 4. It'll be more of a business move than a basketball move. Got the veteran tag and not a bad teammate, he still has some kind of value to his name.

Main page of ESPN basketball asks the question...lakers young core for Beal?

I think it's something like Ingram, Ball, and Kuz for Beal...is this a good trade? I kinda like it...tho I'd rather swap out Ball for Hart.

Horrible trade. Stop watching ESPN

Nope. Seems like the only "fit" for Wall out of any team in the league honestly. Suns are sitting on a lot of slightly overrated young assets that they should get rid of while the value is still there.

I think it's something like Ingram, Ball, and Kuz for Beal...is this a good trade? I kinda like it...tho I'd rather swap out Ball for Hart.
Not happening.

Lebron pulling the strings...
giphy.gif

Lakers are saving their assets for Anthony Davis. They aren't trading it for Beal (who's a very good player and a fit).

And I don't think the Wizards are trading Beal this season anyways.

Lakers could potentially sign KD and still get AD in a trade. Not saying it's gonna happen but that's the kind of opportunity you give up when you trade for Beal, give up all your assets and leave yourself capped out

Hell nah. Core only getting gutted for AD.

Although theoretically Beal + Kuz could be flipped for AD their salaries match.

And speaking of trades..

We get it, Boston Celtics fans, we get: You really want Anthony Davis.

And who could blame you? The New Orleans Pelicans forward might be the most dominant player in the NBA, and trade rumors are really fun to talk about.

But you can give up on that fantasy of seeing Davis in a Celtics jersey this season. It’s not happening. It literally cannot happen.

NBA reporter Chris Sheridan practically undressed Green Teamers on Friday when he reported (well, re-reported) that Davis has Boston on his four-team trade list. But what went unmentioned in Sheridan’s column is there’s an actual rule preventing the Celtics, in their current state, from acquiring Davis.

So, let’s talk about the “5th Year 30% Max Criteria,” otherwise known as the “Rose Rule.”

Introduced in the 2011 NBA-NBA Players’ Association collective bargaining agreement, the rule allows for players finishing their rookie contracts to sign for a higher percentage (30 percent, instead of 25 percent) of their team’s total salary cap if they hit any of three specific thresholds: MVP, two-time All-NBA Team selection or voted-on All-Star starter. The rule was named after 2010-11 NBA MVP Derrick Rose because he was the only player eligible to sign the extension when the criteria were introduced.

Essentially, the rule is meant to reward upper-echelon NBA players coming off their rookie deals without restricting them to lower salary levels.

What does this have to do with the Celtics?

Well, NBA teams aren’t allowed to trade for two players signed using the Rose Rule. Boston already has one such player on its roster, Kyrie Irving, who it traded for prior to the 2017-18 season, and who signed using the Rose Rule in 2014. So, as long as Irving is on the roster under his current deal, the Celtics can’t trade for Davis, whom the Pelicans extended using the Rose Rule in 2015.

Ahem..

Lakers could potentially sign KD and still get AD in a trade. Not saying it's gonna happen but that's the kind of opportunity you give up when you trade for Beal, give up all your assets and leave yourself capped out
Beal will be an expiring after next year. No one is going to decline An All Star Caliber shooter, still in his prime, plus a draft pick or two on cap friendly-1 year contract.

It's a good opportunity for the Lakers, and I hope they don't remain complacent should the chance present itself.

Beal will be an expiring after next year. No one is going to decline An All Star Caliber shooter, still in his prime, plus a draft pick or two on cap friendly-1 year contract.

It's a good opportunity for the Lakers, and I hope they don't remain complacent should the chance present itself.

Beal's contract goes until 2021. You'd be left with Bron Beal no depth and no money for the duration of Bron's contract. I'd rather take my chances in free agency and still have the flexibility to make a trade. And I personally think that by January Zo Ingram and Kuz will clearly be more valuable than Beal

I think after Kyrie signs a new deal they can trade for him.

Or they can trade Kyrie..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom