Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Who are you talking Bout?

Althought this apply to all the Knicks young guns I was talking about DSJr and if he doesnt move the needle a bit, what does????

Because keeping it 100% he shoots just about the same as RJ.

PGs are suppose to make your teammates better. He doesn’t do that. Put him on literally any team in the league and he’s not making them better in any way.

All he is, is a scorer... so if he can’t give THIS talentless team 18ppg, what value does he have?

All he is is a scorer but he averaged more assists than any point guard (not named Ja Morant) in this draft. He’s also a very very good rebounder for his position(s). Yes scoring is probably his best skill.

My point is you don’t HAVE to do anything in your first season. What if he averages 16-5-5 that’s a bad rookie season?

All he is is a scorer but he averaged more assists than any point guard (not named Ja Morant) in this draft. He’s also a very very good rebounder for his position(s). Yes scoring is probably his best skill.

My point is you don’t HAVE to do anything in your first season. What if he averages 16-5-5 that’s a bad rookie season?

If he can put 5 and 5 up with the 16, I’ll give him credit, BUT I doubt it. Of course he put up assist numbers at Duke against inferior talent.

PGs are suppose to make your teammates better. He doesn’t do that. Put him on literally any team in the league and he’s not making them better in any way.
Ok .. I'll give you that.

Does Booker moves your needle? Cause that MF hasn't done **** besides score points.

You're using a small sample size to judge a kid and it's unfair and a little naive to be honest.

Dude showed growth from year 1 to year 2 in Dallas and they were doing better point blank period. He came back down slightly when he joined the Knicks but still excitable and showed promise. I'm not sure what you're looking at ..

Screenshot_20190622-171423_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190622-171606_Chrome.jpg

keko jones keko jones its well documented on here that I’m not a Booker fan at all. Hell I called him Kevin Martin 2.0 :lol:
ok so .. I cant argue with you there.

I'm not a fan of Booker either and I do think points suppose to make their teams better. I just think DSJr has a lot of good tools, but he needs to get the effort and willing to put the work to get better and he showed that from yr 1 to yr 2.

I'm not really a Ja fan, but wish him well. Dont think hell live up to #2.

I'll give Frank and DSJr one more season but honestly as time goes on I'm not as high on either of them. We need guys who can shoot from day 1.

Hope they prove me wrong but I'm not banking on that.

It’s a guard driven league. Gotta know how to shoot, spacing is key.

RJ is our best player already, but we gotta surround him with players who can shoot for an easier transition. Knowing Fizdales garbage offense, he’ll just hand him the ball and force isos. Absolutely need one of Kyrie, Kemba, or even DLo.

Year 3 for both DSJ and Frank. If these guys come back and still can’t hit the 3 at a 35% clip then its not gonna work.

RJ is our best player already, but we gotta surround him with players who can shoot for an easier transition. Knowing Fizdales garbage offense, he’ll just hand him the ball and force isos. Absolutely need one of Kyrie, Kemba, or even DLo.

Year 3 for both DSJ and Frank. If these guys come back and still can’t hit the 3 at a 35% clip then its not gonna work.
I watched a few games last season and I saw they ram absolutely no offense... Hopefully that changes this year cause alot of the guys looked bad out there at times not just Frank. Frank can't do much but I seen alot of dudes looking lost when Dotson or Knox or Trier was pounding the ball.

Exactly.

If we want RJ to be at his best we need to do everything to accommodate his game. He’s a playmaking scorer. DSJR is a play making scorer. Pointless to have 2 of the same player on the team. DLO makes the most sense IMO.

Exactly.

If we want RJ to be at his best we need to do everything to accommodate his game. He’s a playmaking scorer. DSJR is a play making scorer. Pointless to have 2 of the same player on the team. DLO makes the most sense IMO.
Why would it be bad to have more than 1 playmaker on the floor?? Y'all sound wild trying to build a team with one playmaker ... End up like houston

Why would it be bad to have more than 1 playmaker on the floor?? Y'all sound wild trying to build a team with one playmaker ... End up like houston

Neither can shoot, it wont work.

Cp0/Harden, Dame/CJ, maybe even Sexton/Garland

All those are combinations of playmakers that can actually shoot so it actually works.

DLO would be the secondary play maker. He can actually facilitate the basketball. DSJR goes for his every chance he gets. No winning basketball in this era will that ever work.

And you guys that wanna just wait for somebody to be NBA ready are going about it wrong. The longer we wait the least valuable the player is. Move away with the bums.

Well lets toast to their success man.

As you saw in the stats I posted he was on his way to 35% behind the arc before getting traded and his fg% were better than that of Russell Westbrook which is somewhat his comparison.

We have lived in misery for a long time. We have a bunch of young guys. Let's put some effort and try to make it work.

Fiz is the main offender for the lack of progression. If this kids cant run a proper offense within 20 to 30 games. Fire Fiz.

DLO would be the secondary play maker. He can actually facilitate the basketball. DSJR goes for his every chance he gets. No winning basketball in this era will that ever work.

And you guys that wanna just wait for somebody to be NBA ready are going about it wrong. The longer we wait the least valuable the player is. Move away with the bums.

I don’t know DLo is a bit of a ball hog. At least DSJr potentially can be groomed out of it. DLo seems stuck in his ways

Knicks are not maxing out tier 2 free agents so that tells me if we don't get Kawhi, KD, or Kyrie well only look at D.Lo because of how "cheap" he'll be (27 mill Max and young) well sit on the money.

From the games i watched late in the season, DSJ definitely made Mitch better with his ability to penetrate and run the PNR.. before we traded for him and DJ mitch wasn't getting too many lob opportunities

I think something should be said that DSJ was kind of plagued by injuries and got the offense snatched from him in years 1&2, and also was playing in a new system with a new coach when got traded here. I think ultimately Fiz will be great for his development cause he'll let him play with some confidence. Carlisle is a pretty strict coach in terms of playing within HIS system. DSJ def needs to improve his shot tho..

*D'lo aint a jock either he actually has some ill vision >D sometimes i think yall just look at stats/highlights & not full games :lol:

Back
Top Bottom