Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

To say DSJr doesn't make anyone better is complete foolishness.

Remember that the development of D Dot happened when him and Dennis developed chemistry. He said so himself is several post game interviews. DSJr was drawing traffic and finding him in good positions behind the 3 point line.

Not to mention all the easy baskets he got Mitch.

Did y'all forget this already or is it just push a narrative regardless of the truth for certain players?

No Kyrie? I'd save the cash and maybe go with DSJ.

Very likely Kemba's upcoming contract will residuate in buyers remorse a couple years from now.

From the games i watched late in the season, DSJ definitely made Mitch better with his ability to penetrate and run the PNR.. before we traded for him and DJ mitch wasn't getting too many lob opportunities

I think something should be said that DSJ was kind of plagued by injuries and got the offense snatched from him in years 1&2, and also was playing in a new system with a new coach when got traded here. I think ultimately Fiz will be great for his development cause he'll let him play with some confidence. Carlisle is a pretty strict coach in terms of playing within HIS system. DSJ def needs to improve his shot tho..

*D'lo aint a jock either he actually has some ill vision >D sometimes i think yall just look at stats/highlights & not full games :lol:
I see his point, both RJ and DSJr are playmakers that need people like Mitch or Shooters to create space or knock down when they need to pass.

But like we both have been saying, kid did improved. DLo is a beast as well, he's not a ball hog...

Knicks are not maxing out tier 2 free agents so that tells me if we don't get Kawhi, KD, or Kyrie well only look at D.Lo because of how "cheap" he'll be (27 mill Max and young) well sit on the money.

I don’t think 27 mil is cheap.

He had a perpetual green light to shoot last year in Brooklyn. Russell still only managed 21.1 points per game shooting a low 43% from the field. He averaged around 19 field goal attempts per game and made just 8 of them. He also averaged 3 turnovers per game, which should be a red flag when considering signing any point guard in the NBA to a max deal.

DLo has always been a great facilitator.

A true floor general!

In the playoffs DLo averaged 19 points per game shooting only 36% from the field. He shot 32% from deep. He averaged a measly 3.6 assists and 2.8 turnovers as well. He struggled against larger athletic defenders like Butler that whole series after game one when philly prepped for him. When he got pressed he looked to shoot first, second, and third. He doesn’t post up smaller opposing guards. He doesn’t finish great around the rim. He does not get to the free throw line a lot for all the shots he takes. Don’t get me on the topic of how his game fell off once LeVert came back and he had to play alongside someone else who needed shots.

If you take away his DLo spots, what real threat is he to score? Why pay that man 27 mil when we have DSJ who could be better if groomed right. DLo is Timmy part 2 and there is a reason the Nyets have no issue saying they are going for another PG this FA.

The only player outside the Big K’s who might be worth some serious look is Randle cause he actually fixed the biggest hole in his game which was the 3 pt shot to the point defenders can’t hang back off of him.

Last edited:
I would not be against letting DSJ play starter this year. Lets see what he got. He just needs to improve his jumper.

Still not expecting us to sign anyone. But if we can get DLo for less than the max I'm all for it.

I don’t think 27 mil is cheap.

He had a perpetual green light to shoot last year in Brooklyn. Russell still only managed 21.1 points per game shooting a low 43% from the field. He averaged around 19 field goal attempts per game and made just 8 of them. He also averaged 3 turnovers per game, which should be a red flag when considering signing any point guard in the NBA to a max deal.

In the playoffs DLo averaged 19 points per game shooting only 36% from the field. He shot 32% from deep. He averaged a measly 3.6 assists and 2.8 turnovers as well. He struggled against larger athletic defenders like Butler that whole series after game one when philly prepped for him. When he got pressed he looked to shoot first, second, and third. He doesn’t post up smaller opposing guards. He doesn’t finish great around the rim. He does not get to the free throw line a lot for all the shots he takes. Don’t get me on the topic of how his game fell off once LeVert came back and he had to play alongside someone else who needed shots.

If you take away his DLo spots, what real threat is he to score? Why pay that man 27 mil when we have DSJ who could be better if groomed right. DLo is Timmy part 2 and there is a reason the Nyets have no issue saying they are going for another PG this FA.

The only player outside the Big K’s who might be worth some serious look is Randle cause he actually fixed the biggest hole in his game which was the 3 pt shot to the point defenders can’t hang back off of him.
For a minute I thought you was talking about Lillard then Kyrie and then Curry... oh well.

I dont want to hear it.

Dsjr has a brighter future than Frank though... I can see him sticking around on this team for a few years...
That does not inspire much hope :lol:

The whole Frank thing has become a novelty inside joke thing at this point. Serious comparisons really shouldnt be done.

Just saying Frank plays like trash and it's nothing but excuses that he's young... Dsjr is not perfect but he gets more hate for some reason... At least with dsjr you see flashes of his potential kinda like knox...

Quite frankly I dont know why so many of yall are invested in a really young inexperienced PG that needs time to grow and improve.

Of all positions I'd rather take the all-star caliber ready made pg. That's why the dream is Lillard. That's why I wanted Kyrie in this FA. Compared to what we got I'd even settle for Kemba (not the max).

Last edited:
It's not as easy as it sounds... I hope Kyrie signs here and kemba and dame are not realistic options... Going with the youth movement is what it might come down to if we strike out but I'm hoping we get kd and Kyrie

Why is Kemba unrealistic?
Kemba is a possibility, but at a supermax deal...
giphy-4.gif

Exactly... There's no reason for kemba to leave unless MJ don't give him the supermax... even then I don't know if we offer it to him... Mills and Perry seem like they have a plan and not giving out contracts like a Noah or thjr deal

Exactly... There's no reason for kemba to leave unless MJ don't give him the supermax... even then I don't know if we offer it to him... Mills and Perry seem like they have a plan and not giving out contracts like a Noah or thjr deal
Kemba's better off just going to the Lakers. I think (hope) that Mills and Perry are too smart to offer him the supermax. I could see the Nets doing it if they don't get KD, wouldn't be a good fit with Kyrie but they seem a little loose this summer.

I miss posts and don't read everything in here but I swear literally no one was saying DSjr is bad and son swoops in "glad everyone admitting DSjr is bad".

yea i must have missed this narrative too.

I thought he's a good enough contributor.

Back
Top Bottom