Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Na he's right. Team is a superstar away paired with KP from being really good.

We have 2nd round picks, teenagers, and a bunch of busts beating top teams with star players.

DtXVvQPWkAAIHzM.jpg

DAMN I MISSED THIS :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

we ain't nowhere near being only 1 superstar away

i'd say about 2.5 more pieces and we'd be on our way

team got fight tho.
What?????????????

Bruh, look at how the youngest team is playing. How they are coming together. Obviously they still need to be coached and mature, but they are there.

KP, this young group and a KL/Durant ... ya bugging if they dont have a legit shot at being top 4/5 in the east.

But let me know about your 2.5 theory.

Being 4/5 isn’t competing for anything but a first round exit. 2.5 sounds right to compete for best in the East.

Being 4/5 isn’t competing for anything but a first round exit. 2.5 sounds right to compete for best in the East.
Is competing for the Eastern conference...

The reason I say top 4/5 is because I'm looking at how teams are currently. If we get a KL which i doubt it we jump up. If KL leaves and we get a KP we jump

Top 4 is competing for something unless you think you need to be top 2 ... in that case ask the Raptos how has that worked out.

Just saying.

Kawahii and KP aren’t enough. Our PG and center play is hella shakey. We definitely need more than just one superstar. We need better role players too.

Kawahii and KP aren’t enough. Our PG and center play is hella shakey. We definitely need more than just one superstar. We need better role players too.
Naw ...

Right now we are asking Kanter, Hardaway, Mudaiy, etc to be playmakers and play more than they should. If we were to get another start these players can settle to role players. Mitch is a project (big one) but he has lot if upside and still learning ... KP has been a good rim defender and you have a couple of Knicks that can play D and a few spot up shooters. I can see ..

Mudiay/Burke/#11
THJR/Trier
Kawahii/Knox
KP/Vonleh
Kanter/Robinson

Are not competing to come out of the east. There are much more talented teams. Don’t let this little winning stretch fool you. Yeah we’ll make the playoffs, but I want a championship, not the ‘12-‘13 season.

The Raptors are a much better team than us overall minus Kawaii. The Bucks, Sixers, and Celtics are also better overall. There is no team contending for a championship with only two all stars and a bunch of ransoms.

Damn, we win a few games and people automatically think we’re one player away from a banner. We need Kawaii/KD AND legitimate role players.

Y’all were just saying Mudiay ain’t it, but he hits a couple 3s in a game and y’all wanna make him our PG of the future. Bipolar in here.

Mudiay/Burke/#11
THJR/Trier
Kawahii/Knox
KP/Vonleh
Kanter/Robinson

Are not competing to come out of the east. There are much more talented teams. Don’t let this little winning stretch fool you. Yeah we’ll make the playoffs, but I want a championship, not the ‘12-‘13 season.

The Raptors are a much better team than us overall minus Kawaii. The Bucks, Sixers, and Celtics are also better overall. There is no team contending for a championship with only two all stars and a bunch of ransoms.

Damn, we win a few games and people automatically think we’re one player away from a banner. We need Kawaii/KD AND legitimate role players.

Y’all were just saying Mudiay ain’t it, but he hits a couple 3s in a game and y’all wanna make him our PG of the future. Bipolar in here.
My dude, who said win a chip? LMAO

I swear ...

I said contenders in the east. Raptors, Celtics, Sixers are a contenders in the east and none guaranteed to come out. Put another super star in the Knicks and we will be there.

No matter who comes put the east, still think the western conference takes it. Although those lines are blurred right now.

With the lineup you posted or sub KL for KD and KL to the west. How you dont even give them a chance at least to compete in the east?

You acting like they are a bunch of scrubs with no Grit. Dont be fool, a gritty dude can be just as good as a talented dude.

Mudiay/Burke/#11
THJR/Trier
Kawahii/Knox
KP/Vonleh
Kanter/Robinson

#11 :lol:

but if we want a max free agent, mudiay, burke, kanter and vonleh would all likely be gone unless they sign for the minimum. lee still has to get traded anyways and everyone else renounced

so you'd have your max guy (lets just say KD),
KP
knox
mitchell robinson
trier
dotson
this years first round pick
and whoever you find to fill out the roster on minimums

it helps if you flip hardaways contract for expirings

I don’t care about just making the playoffs. I want a CHAMPIONSHIP. The original post was about “2.5 pieces”, not all stars. Again, you’re letting this little streak fool you. And like @gaiige said, we pretty much have to dump everyone for a max player. So a bunch of minimum guys and two all stars won’t even “compete in the east” let alone contend for a championship.

Got it.

So we will never compete.

LoL

No matter how you look at it, get superstars and a bunch of scrubs you cant compete. Get a bunch if avg dudes cant compete against the superstars. So suggest.

SMH

I'm cool though.

Your argument doesn’t even make sense. You claim that the guys we have now are going to be enough of a supporting cast to contend in the east if we get a KD or Kawahii. How will that happen if said players have to be renounced to have enough cap to sign one of those guys? Sure if we kept everyone and someone KD signed for 10mil we can contend. So again, it will be KD/Kawahii and KP with.....? Mitch who can’t stay on the floor, Frank, a streaky THJR, Dotson, Knox, and our 1st rounder this year. The rest of the roster would be in their 30s or guys like Kornet, bc we can’t afford anyone else.

Idk how that automatically makes them a contender. That’s why it was said that 2.5 PIECES are needed. Not just one. If you’re shooting for just making the playoffs, then you sound like Dolan just trying to be a relevant franchise. This team hasn’t won **** in forever. It’s a championship or bust.

As far as this team becoming championship caliber I don't envision the majority of players on this current roster to be here. Just a few of the younger players.

Hezonja such a fool

The **** he even talking about

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

25A5FE99-1F71-408C-A6AD-A09212660776.jpeg
Son talking like he Drago :lol:

Back
Top Bottom