Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Big game for Knox. Hope he can build off this. Really rooting for this kid.

I like Vonleh and Dotson a lot. Great role players that always seem to be ready when called on.

Feel bad for Frank honestly. I always been tough on him but always wanted him to do well. I hope when his time comes back around, he’s ready and kills it.

Big game for Knox. Hope he can build off this. Really rooting for this kid.

I like Vonleh and Dotson a lot. Great role players that always seem to be ready when called on.

Feel bad for Frank honestly. I always been tough on him but always wanted him to do well. I hope when his time comes back around, he’s ready and kills it.
I feel you man.

It is unfortunate in today's NBA every kid has to be great from the jump. Unlike back in the days where kids used to go to college develop a game and given time in the bigs.

It also sucks for Frank that DSjR and Donovan Mitchell are thriving.

But on the flip Fultz is not looking great and Ball is in somewhat of a Limbo.

I say give him time. I think he needs to be more assertive and if anything be shown how to manage the game and be the point.

I doubt Frank's getting traded, he's our pick. **** we overplayed THjr to come back. They're just letting him simmer for a bit.

I doubt Frank's getting traded, he's our pick. **** we overplayed THjr to come back. They're just letting him simmer for a bit.
At first I thought we overpaid for THJr, not anymore. Dude had been solid this year and once a true first option comes along, THJr will play more than the contract is worth.

We overpaid THJR by 10 mil.
Patty Mills signed 4yrs 50
Dion Waiters signed 4yrs 52

I believe THJr has played better than both.

Sure I can see overpaid perhaps see what you mean by 10 millions, but comparing around the league, not a terrible signing.

idk about 10mil, but he is a little overpaid. it would be a different story if his FG% was in the mid 40s.
That's the problem I see this year. He's shooting 39%+ but on the same token, he's being asked to carry the team. If he had another solid playmaker, I believe his shot selection and % would go up.

That's the problem I see this year. He's shooting 39%+ but on the same token, he's being asked to carry the team. If he had another solid playmaker, I believe his shot selection and % would go up.

yes and no. he's a volume shooter, so him taking less shots might not affect his FG%. on the flip side, he'll probably take less bad shots if he doesn't have to carry the load. it can go either way. we'll see what happens if/when KP comes back this season or the next. he's in the same boat as Melo was, where if nothing is going with the rest of the team, he has to take the tough shots.

Patty Mills signed 4yrs 50
Dion Waiters signed 4yrs 52

I believe THJr has played better than both.

Sure I can see overpaid perhaps see what you mean by 10 millions, but comparing around the league, not a terrible signing.
I'd prefer Patty.

Dion robbing that team too.

I get it though, cap has raised considerably so what bums are getting are more than usual so what slightly better bums are getting are even more.

yes and no. he's a volume shooter, so him taking less shots might not affect his FG%. on the flip side, he'll probably take less bad shots if he doesn't have to carry the load. it can go either way. we'll see what happens if/when KP comes back this season or the next. he's in the same boat as Melo was, where if nothing is going with the rest of the team, he has to take the tough shots.
Like you say he's a volume shooter and it's unclear how productive he can be when his role is more limited. If he can do that and actually gain efficiency, then he has a place on a winning team. If not...

You pretty much said it. I think he's shot selection will improve. No reason to think it will not as he was shooting pretty high% prior to KP going down. But you're also right, you never know.

How can being aggresive on the offensive end be that much of an issue for a guard/wing in todays game?

I would think any player would want their coach give them the green light, look to score more like Frank had it with both coaches so for. Knox/Trier/Dotson all already have a higher career high in points than Frank. Knox barely played this season yet either....

Back
Top Bottom