Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

I dont see how we can let z Mudiay walk.

Dude really is playing with confidence and playing well.

Look to trade Frank THJr Lee.

Knox is a real positive in this game. Glad hes been feelin froggy. Great potential . Solid shot, elite athlete, room for improvement as a basketball player.

Frank? Everything has been said about him. Frustrating for him and the coaching staff im sure.

Hardaway is laughable man . i like his intensity but damn something about his game just dont feel right for this squad.

Need mitch and iso zo back. Not much else to watch for without them.

We're not gonna win a game for a while :lol:

vs Bucks
@ Bucks
@ Jazz
@ Lakers
@ Warriors
vs Pacers
vs Sixers

First time hearing Trae Young speak. Seems like a good kid.

I actually think with some seasoning he'd be a near ideal PG for the Knicks offense.

At what point of the season is nick. nick. pullin out the tankathon ?

#PAUSE.

6BF15D87-6ED8-484C-9505-10BF3F73D77F.jpeg

Top 5 is pretty much a lock.

The race for #1 odds is gonna be wild.

I could see us ending 4th place. But then don’t we supposedly have the best tanking schedule rest of the season.. but then KP May also possibly returns

I could see us ending 4th place. But then don’t we supposedly have the best tanking schedule rest of the season.. but then KP May also possibly returns

imo kp should definitely return at some point but it likely wouldn't affect the tank. have him back mid-march, limit his minutes, rest him every other game etc

imo kp should definitely return at some point but it likely wouldn't affect the tank. have him back mid-march, limit his minutes, rest him every other game etc

True, not like hes dropping 30 and game winners on a 15min restriction.

Some hype for the soul

Mitch-KP-Zion-Knox-(_____)

If we get the #1 pick, do you trade it for AD if that deal is on the table?
If we’re keeping KP & Knox then absolutely

I wouldn’t mind moving a future first either, assuming that with an improved team that pick will be towards the back end of the round anyway

I’d like to keep Trier and Mitch as well but some of these young guns are gonna have to be moved for that to be viable and Franks value at this point is the same as a washing mashing

If we get the #1 pick, do you trade it for AD if that deal is on the table?
Depends.

Do you want to roll the dice on Zion and KD?

Or do you want to secure at least one star?

No matter what.

Having AD, KP, Knox or having Zion, KP, Knox all create a problem if Mitch improves and is someone you want in the starting lineup. Then add KD and you really need to get creative with the lineup.

EM
ZION
KNOX
KD
KP

Or

EM
KNOX
AD
KP
MiTCh

How would that work would be insane.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/22/knicks-summer-plan-may-not-include-a-big-free-agent-splash/

According to NBA sources, Knicks brass no longer views 2019 as a make-or-break free-agent summer. The 9-25 Knicks feel their plan can still go on even if they do not sign a big fish in July.

Adding a potential top-five lottery pick, developing their three rookies — Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson and Allonzo Trier — as well as former lottery picks Frank Ntilikina and Emmanuel Mudiay, and easing Kristaps Porzingis into actionare deemed larger priorities.

The way the free-agent landscape is with the new “supermax” contracts, the Knicks are at a severe competitive disadvantage financially, especially entering July 1 coming off one of the NBA’s worst records.

Certainly if Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Kemba Walker, Klay Thompson or Kyrie Irving want to be the next New York messiah, the Knicks will be thrilled. They have tentative moves in place to open up a maximum $38 million contract slot, according to sources, for Durant. (Whether that entails trading Tim Hardaway Jr.’s pact is unclear.)

But the Knicks, who are $32 million under the cap, are opposed to giving a 2019 free agent a max-like deal “unless that player would be a dramatic difference maker to the team’s fortunes,’’ a source said.

When president Steve Mills met with media Friday in a conference room at 2 Penn Plaza, he downplayed the urgency of 2019 free agency. Rolling over the cap space to 2020 or keeping space open to have flexibility to trade for a star are options. Rumors persist Anthony Davis will want out of New Orleans this summer, and the Knicks are said to be on his list.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/22/knicks-summer-plan-may-not-include-a-big-free-agent-splash/

According to NBA sources, Knicks brass no longer views 2019 as a make-or-break free-agent summer. The 9-25 Knicks feel their plan can still go on even if they do not sign a big fish in July.

Adding a potential top-five lottery pick, developing their three rookies — Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson and Allonzo Trier — as well as former lottery picks Frank Ntilikina and Emmanuel Mudiay, and easing Kristaps Porzingis into actionare deemed larger priorities.

The way the free-agent landscape is with the new “supermax” contracts, the Knicks are at a severe competitive disadvantage financially, especially entering July 1 coming off one of the NBA’s worst records.

Certainly if Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, Kemba Walker, Klay Thompson or Kyrie Irving want to be the next New York messiah, the Knicks will be thrilled. They have tentative moves in place to open up a maximum $38 million contract slot, according to sources, for Durant. (Whether that entails trading Tim Hardaway Jr.’s pact is unclear.)

But the Knicks, who are $32 million under the cap, are opposed to giving a 2019 free agent a max-like deal “unless that player would be a dramatic difference maker to the team’s fortunes,’’ a source said.

When president Steve Mills met with media Friday in a conference room at 2 Penn Plaza, he downplayed the urgency of 2019 free agency. Rolling over the cap space to 2020 or keeping space open to have flexibility to trade for a star are options. Rumors persist Anthony Davis will want out of New Orleans this summer, and the Knicks are said to be on his list.
I'm 100% on board.

However, Dodson and Vonleh should be included.

Everyone else is fair game.

But, I have said it several times, the way EM is playing and the promise Knox is showing along with the raw potential of Mitch and Trier, I truly believe they have a great core team. Once KP comes back and if we score in the lottery I believe we are playoff bound. But if KD wants to come #1 option followed closely by KL, I would try to make it happen. As long as it doesnt cost us much.

Right now they need to get creative and see who wants Lee, Kanter and/or THjr.

Back
Top Bottom