Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Mitch said he'll get 6 blocks, went and got 6 blocks.

Do not trade this man.

On the flip side...Porzingbitch’s dream was to play for the Knicks, had a Melo jersey, was a relatively quiet kid up until the skipped exit interview, wanted to be a franchise player and then the ended up asking for a trade bc he didn’t wanna play second fiddle to KD.

Mitch already has kept more promises....

Ya saw how lit the crowd was for the second worst record in the NBA??? I just dont see how any FA wouldnt want to sign to play in the garden.

The Knicks have the money, draft picks and young talent ... the crowd is going to **** with you hard, I think next year we should expect great things fellas.

I'm all in ......

Bunch of nobody’s who plays hard, NY fans respect that, that’s y it was lit (the same reason Starks and Mase were fan favorites (over Ewing))

I'm scared we are going to do the standard Knicks thing and end up with the 8th pick.

That'll be some **** ....

In order for the Knicks to guarantee themselves a top 5 pick, they have to finish with the worst record.

the WORST record also guarantees us the highest percentage at the #5 pick. i'd rather finish second worst, and still have a top 4 pick than #5.

the WORST record also guarantees us the highest percentage at the #5 pick. i'd rather finish second worst, and still have a top 4 pick than #5.
The reason the fifth spot has the highest percentage is because they cant go any lower. Doesnt mean they have the highest chance of the 5th pick guarantee.

it does have the highest chance. worst record as a 47.9% chance at the #5 pick.
I don't think I explained it well or you dont get it.

Highest percentage because is a guaranteed they cant go any lower.

However, the chances of getting the 5th over the 4th, 3rd, 2nd 1st aren't significantly or even greater.

If that makes sense.

Just to clear things up the 3 worst teams have the same odd to get picks 1 through 4. The odds to get a pick five or worse are the same the difference is guaranteed lowest you can go. So the worse team has a 47.9 chance on 5 and the 2nd worst has a 47.8 chance of 5 or 6 and so on for the 3rd worst.

Just to clear things up the 3 worst teams have the same odd to get picks 1 through 4. The odds to get a pick five or worse are the same the difference is guaranteed lowest you can go. So the worse team has a 47.9 chance on 5 and the 2nd worst has a 47.8 chance of 5 or 6 and so on for the 3rd worst.

That’s kinda what Keko was explaining by saying the odds for 5th are so high b/c you can go anywhere past that pick. So naturally the total percentage left goes to the 5th pick if you have the worst record

its definitely worded that the worst record has a 47.9% chance AT THE 5TH pick. meaning, you're more likely to get the #5 pick than 1-4, if you finish last. i think you're guaranteed at top 5 if you finish last, top 6 if you finish second, top 7 if you finish third, etc.
Capture.JPG

Is not really hard to understand.

Just because you have the worst doesnt mean you're going to end up with the 5th pick because it has the highest %. It just mean that at the very worst , they cant go lower than 5th. 14% is the chance the worst 3 team have at the 1st overall.

there's only 100%. so if you only have a 14% at 1st, 13.4% at 2nd, 12.7% at 3rd, and 12% at 4th, then it only makes sense that the remaining percentage is at 5th. unless you're telling me that you can have the worst record and end up with the 14th pick. i think these are guarantees, based on the chart in the worst case scenario. it doesn't say "percentage for position or worse".

Definitely don't think it's confusing but people saying they don't want the worst record because of odds doesn't make sense. Now if people are saying the worst records don't seem to get the first pick I understand that.

Back
Top Bottom