Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

I maintain that Frank’s shot has looked really good for a minute. The problem is that he can’t hit them in games. All part of his general indecisiveness and fearfulness on offense.

Too many non-shooters all lumped together

Who? And what are your expectations? For us to have a splash brother? I keep hearing this “no one can shoot”, but what are we comparing? The raptors didn’t have a “shooter” other than Danny.

Who? And what are your expectations? For us to have a splash brother? I keep hearing this “no one can shoot”, but what are we comparing? The raptors didn’t have a “shooter” other than Danny.
The Raptors had 4 players who shot over 35% from 3 on the season. 5 if you wanna include Gasol post trade. You had a range of competent shooters to an actual deadeye with Green. If we wanna get these guys playing together properly then they need to learn how to hit the 3 consistently.

The Raptors had 4 players who shot over 35% from 3 on the season. 5 if you wanna include Gasol post trade. You had a range of competent shooters to an actual deadeye with Green. If we wanna get these guys playing together properly then they need to learn how to hit the 3 consistently.

Knox 34%, Dot 37%, Mudiay 33%, Noah 34%, Trier 39%, Kornet 36%, Burke 35%, Allen 47%. It’s not like we had dudes shooting 12% from 3 last season. So I’m not seeing the huge difference there, except Green is known as a shooter. No one else on that raptors roster is known as being one. Our guys are capable. They’re young and just need to learn better shot selection, which will increase their percentages.

regular season finishes

TOR 8th in 3PM, 11th in 3PA, 6th in 3P%
NYK 24th in 3PM, 22nd in 3PA, 28th in 3P%

we badly need shooting. team should aim to be in the top half of the league in all 3 of those metrics

Knox 34%, Dot 37%, Mudiay 33%, Noah 34%, Trier 39%, Kornet 36%, Burke 35%, Allen 47%. It’s not like we had dudes shooting 12% from 3 last season. So I’m not seeing the huge difference there, except Green is known as a shooter. No one else on that raptors roster is known as being one. Our guys are capable. They’re young and just need to learn better shot selection, which will increase their percentages.
Lol didn't kawhi lead the league or close to it in 3 pt percentage one year?

There’s a difference between efficiency and ability. It also relies on team play style. As we all know (most), Fiz didn’t really have a system, whereas the whole Warriors MO is to shoot. Same with Houston. We can have all the “shooters” we want, but it means nothing if it’s not the game plan.

Im wondering what are teams ultimate plans does KI to the nets stand alone worth it or kemba to the Celtics, maybe putting themselves in position for a disgruntled player in the future. The next couple of FA classes aren’t looking like much either.

Hopefully we make some moves today...
obviously if we strike out on game changers, I'll be disappointed. However, if we sign quality role players while maintaining future flexibility and forgoing names like Boogie at a max ... I'll be satisfied.

I will be disappointed that we really cleared space before everyone else and for them to come thru last minute and take all the FAs.

It would be a shame

In a lot of ways KD, Randle (at about 20 a year or less), G. Hill, and R. Lopez makes sense though it isn’t obviously a real come up.

With that addition they won’t be the worst team in the league, RJ won’t be relied on to be the primary scorer, there would be two vets to back up Mitch and DSJ. Knicks should be in the running for a PG next draft, the. KD returns.

Next year goes from the Knicks being contenders to a very key year in their rebuild. The kids start to learn how to win, the year after that they make a playoff push.

Never wanted Kyrie on the Knicks. I’ve seen and heard enough from his Celtics tenure to know it was a recipe for disaster. This ain’t hindsight **** either, the goofy **** was out there while it was happening.

Build up what you already have and bring in a solid mentor or 2 on a short term deal if we strike out on Kawhi & KD.

Frank does not seriously care about getting his NBA game better. Complete trash and full of himself.

Stefan Bondy (@SBondyNYDN) Tweeted:
Frank Ntilikina will not be playing Summer League with the Knicks, according to a source. He plans to play with the French National team in the World Cup which starts at the end of August.

Back
Top Bottom