Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

This day be so depressing that I’d take Boogie as of now with what ever is left on our cap for a 2 year deal
14D3F12B-AEFD-48F4-ACAA-2A2158A10752.gif

We had Melo and constantly struggled to sign quality role players to surround him. We have 0 stars going into free agency and sign 4 quality role players.

If anything blame the Atlanta Hawks for bailing the Nets out and pretty much taking on Crabbs contract which placed them with 2 max slots (no one wanted to help us clear cap space back even up to today); no Top tier 1 free agent will come here unless Dolan dies / sell the team

Knicks better pray DSJ becomes an All-Star because the KP salary dump would have been for nothing and it looks like it may stay that way

Im really confused.

What were some of u duded hoping to accomplish this offseason?

Had we signed KD we still would have had to wait a YR and HALF to actually get a CHANCE to think we were gonna compete anyway.

The Lakers are in control of this next 3 yr window with the Warriors creeping back in after Klay heals.

We weren’t winning a chip with KD\Kyrie this yr or 2021 regardless.

These aint no sexy names, so all thats happening is people going to continue to downplay the solid moves.

Randle is a no brainer. Young, talented, versatile big coming off his best season.

Taj/Portis are 2 more bigs that are known for their toughness. Strong defenders that can help with Robinsons growth. Plus who were our bigs before these signings??... lol

Bulluck addresses another need in shooting.

All team friendly contracts that stick to the plan the front office has been conveying.

We still 27 mil in space. I would take a shot at Seth Curry.

Although we need shooting I wouldnt be completely mad at Elfred Payton, if he’s still available i think he can be a great fit with guys like Barret/DSJR/Frank. All guys that CAN run the point AND play off ball. Would love a versatile switching team that can play anybody anywhere.

Perry did the same move with the kings to get them to 25 wins and help Fox and Bagley develop. I’m not surprised though the roster is ugly from a names standpoint. These guys play well and they are all trade bait for either another player or picks.

Is there any money left to get a backup center?

These signings are 2 year deals. Don't see what's so bad about them.

We have those contracts off the books for the Summer of the Freak.

Back
Top Bottom