Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

RJ got the jitters.

Just needs to stop being a bull in a China shop and play within the flow of the game. If he even becomes an average shooter it'll be even better for him.

It's going to take a lot of work though. His shot will make or break him and early on it might benefit him to focus more on his playmaking ability than trying to score every time down.

RJ got the jitters.

Just needs to stop being a bull in a China shop and play within the flow of the game. If he even becomes an average shooter it'll be even better for him.

It's going to take a lot of work though. His shot will make or break him and early on it might benefit him to focus more on his playmaking ability than trying to score every time down.

I mean in order for teams to respect his playmaking he has to make layups or keep the defense honest. His best bet is just using his elusiveness and depend on the refs for calls.

I mean in order for teams to respect his playmaking he has to make layups or keep the defense honest. His best bet is just using his elusiveness and depend on the refs for calls.

It’s hard for rookies to get calls though. I think he needs to play more in the flow of the game and gradually look to get his. SL hopefully opens his eye to the fact he can’t just heat check his way through games expecting it to turn on instantly

Crickets as it should be.

Brooklyn or New Jersey, Nets will always be second class citizens of this city.

byeee.gif

Lucky for RJ he doesn’t have to do too much as he’ll have a lot of veterans to lean and rely on. He’s going to get the runs he needs but unlike Knox’s rookie season he’ll actually have a little more guidance which in turn I think will help develop and find his place. We forget how hard Knox had it last year. He was thrown in to sink and swim with no sort of guidance whatsoever. Knox will also definitely benefit from these new additions in year 2.

I'm not saying the sky is falling but I'd be lying if I said RJ was impressive. I'm not saying build around Iggy, but I'd be lying if I said he hasn't been impressive. :rofl:

It is not a sky is falling reaction @ all to say RJ is playing like trash.

Frank comparisons aren't even an exaggeration.

It is summer league though but watching that kind of play isnt fun.

I just didn't want anyone to think I was calling RJ a bust already because of his terrible play.. unfortunately this is my first impression of the kid so I'm trying to reconcile 'maple mamba' with what I'm watching :lol: and it's not going well so far.

Steph Curry shot 32% in his rookie Summer League games.

Durant shot 33%

Derrick Rose shot 29%

Tim Duncan got killed by Jermaine O’Neal and Greg Ostertag.

Lou Will avg. 6 Turnovers a game in his first TWO years of SL.

Adrien Payne outplayed KAT.

Batum shot 34% from 2 and 11% from 3.

Wes Matthews shot 21% from 3. He’s a career 39% 3 pt shooter.

Dangelo Russell “played like poop” (his words)

The sky falling ... we're the Knicks ... no other way to see it.

But let's see if Fiz benches him like he did Knox and Frank if he carries this to the regular season.

All I'm saying is, im not staying up late again to watch that!

Steph Curry shot 32% in his rookie Summer League games.

Durant shot 33%

Derrick Rose shot 29%

Tim Duncan got killed by Jermaine O’Neal and Greg Ostertag.

Lou Will avg. 6 Turnovers a game in his first TWO years of SL.

Adrien Payne outplayed KAT.

Batum shot 34% from 2 and 11% from 3.

Wes Matthews shot 21% from 3. He’s a career 39% 3 pt shooter.

Dangelo Russell “played like poop” (his words)
Got damn you watched a lot of summer league :lol: so basically we should be happy that he's been playing terribly :smokin

RJ has got to get his spacing and timing down.

Did not like what I saw at all.

Athleticism isnt everything but son looked slow out there straight up. Frank NK slow.

Now Summer league does not have any bearing , neither does pre season.

But you would LIKE to see him do some positives out there just from an athletic standpoint.

Ita really just been him driving, getting beat to spots, and clogged up.

Handles is looser than a goose, and jumpshot is flat.

Its bad but im hoping he really does have some type of competetive drive to just keep fighting through.

He is ball dominant, its obvious that he is more comfy starting the play but on the regular season rostee, you got elfrid and dsj on ball handling duties.

You got Dot and Trier commanding shots and its due, they can shoot and get buckets.
You got portis and randle who are gonna throw up the rock more than him. Knox looking to step up too.

RJ has to develop his off ball game more or were looking at a long season full of media questions and controversy. I believe he could get it together tho, but stricly from a naked eye vie, something is off . Most likely mental but I think it is situational as well. meaning he is lost and doesnt really understand his role vs what he expected.

Besides scoring though, Id like his rebound numbers to be up there as well. Not worried about assists but he does have to make the right read more, which will come when he starts gettin buckets.

if Iggy is looking good in this NBA extra spacing, there is no doubt RJ can get it going to that level.

rj has been playing terrible... but its summer league and 2 games so far...i want to see him play 1-2 years in the league before judging him and calling him a bust...kinda like how i said frank was a bust after 2 years lol

At the end of the day I think RJ will be fine, but this just makes his flaws really apparent. The biggest flaw however is his lack of shooting ability and that could spell trouble but he's going to need time. To his benefit he's an extremely hard worker so if there's anyone who could do it, it's him.

Iggy I always felt he'd ball out. He has a well rounded game and was Big 10 Freshman of the Year for a reason. He took a shot to cash in on an early good season and eventually he'll show his flaws too but I''m happy with his addition to the squad.

Back
Top Bottom