Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

At least, RJ is playing this summer league where he'll acknowledge his mistakes and work on it for the rest of this off-season

im assuming randle is going to be the #1 option since he just got the bag and numbers wise hes the best player on the team...i get zach randolph vibes from him... plays under the rim and gets good stats but doesnt result in wins or making anyone better... hopefully im wrong though

Iggy can absolutely play.

But its safe to say the amount of pressure isnt the same. I thoroughly enjoy the dog in him tho and his competetive drive. Doesnt look scared at all.

Before summer league i expected him to be one of our better 3 Pt shooters.

So seeing him handle the ball some, setting plays up, Putting the rock on the floor and finishing with both hands is excellent.

very happy with the pickup, but like someone mentioned, his flaws will become apparent too over the course of the season.

Iggy does everything well. Haven’t seen a legit flaw yet. He dropped 30 within the flow of the offense, while defending, finishing with both hands, penetrating, hitting open shots, etc. Legit showed the full package.

Knox balled out last SL but looked terrible in the regular season. I’m hoping it’s the opposite for RJ. It’s not even about his stats, I just haven’t seen one thing he’s good at other than rebounding. He just seems super slow and stiff out there. No wiggle, no shot, can barely even finish with his strong hand, doesn’t move his feet on defense. Lots of flaws that I hope get cleaned up going into the regular season.

If you’re one who’s defending Frank, in no way shape or form should you put too much emphasis on RJ’s first two summer league games

If you’re one who’s defending Frank, in no way shape or form should you put too much emphasis on RJ’s first two summer league games

Even if you’re not defending Frank. No reason to go crazy over summer league games

No one's turning on anyone imo. Just recognizing his flaws and hoping it doesnt continue for too long. You're gonna be under a microscope in NY, no other way around it.

When we drafted Frank everyone knew he's the youngest in the league and was 2 years away from being 2 years away. He was drafted fully on potential and nothing else.

Pretty much everyone said RJ is NBA ready and can come in and produce right away. Thats why he was the 3rd pick. Two terrible games doesnt mean we have to write him off, and no one is, we're just recognizing his flaws. As of right now there are plenty. The expectations that come with that dont help his case either.

Looks like Frank NT has grown an inch or two
82ED960E-2C38-490C-BAD2-8EAA1285FE3F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom