Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Man ...

Iggy speaks with confidence... love it.

Back to back jackpots in the second round? Letd hope so.

upload_2019-7-8_16-1-52.png

Empty stats
Everyone that left him has had a better year right after (KD, Oladipo, Sabonis, etc)
Drove away KD and PG
Terrible contract
Shoots 43/29/65
The most inefficient player in the NBA
Arguably the lowest IQ in the NBA

But I guess he's a good dunker and has a mamba mentality :smokin

• Russ has his flaws. Decision and shot making can improve at times
  • Unstoppable in the paint/break
  • KD left because he’s soft. He disappeared in games 6&7, Then he went to chase a ring instead of running it back
  • Oladipo was never gonna flourish in that “system” but I guess Russ is the coach too
  • Billy Donavan should’ve been fired at least two years ago
  • There was a severe drop off in talent after PG and Russ
  • PG disappeared down the stretch too and is not a guy who can be the your first option

Last edited:
Sorry I cant defend Russ. He's been in the league for 10 years now and played with numerous superstars.

He's never gonna change. His stats are all meaningless. He's just another Marbury and Melo at this point.

Only thing Russ would be able to accomplish here is get fits off. He wouldn't be worth the investment.

Yall really buggin the f out with thjs Westbrook talk.

He does not fit the timeline the same way KD “didnt fit” .

We are rebuilding, hanging onto draft picks, and not selling the future to fight for 8th place next year.

Contract alone is abysmal.

His play is another thing. Son is top 5 dead or alive in ****head shots.

Cool dunks and yells and intensity, great. Get your butt outplayed by Dame when it mattered most and kept talking ****. Meaningless numbers. Teammatea bent to his pursuit of numerical history.

Im GOOD on Russ. Son is a chuck and a loser.

End that talk. Lets focus on the great group of young pieces we have.

Yall really buggin the f out with thjs Westbrook talk.

He does not fit the timeline the same way KD “didnt fit” .

We are rebuilding, hanging onto draft picks, and not selling the future to fight for 8th place next year.

Contract alone is abysmal.

His play is another thing. Son is top 5 dead or alive in ****head shots.

Cool dunks and yells and intensity, great. Get your butt outplayed by Dame when it mattered most and kept talking ****. Meaningless numbers. Teammatea bent to his pursuit of numerical history.

Im GOOD on Russ. Son is a chuck and a loser.

End that talk. Lets focus on the great group of young pieces we have.

Simple basketball discussion about a basketball player that is being shopped. We all agree that he doesn’t fit a rebuild. Better than talking about Frank or calling RJ trash for 3 pages. :lol:

Y'all was on a roll that last page.

But I'm tired of being the organization where great players go to die. And Russ isn't nearly great enough to think to escape that fate.

I'd love to see Russ on the Lakers doe.

As washed and problematic as he is, CP3 would be a better fit with this squad cause he makes players better and spaces the floor. Our young guys could gain a lot from his tutelage.

Russ is the polar opposite and I can't ever see a team winning with him as the primary player. Or even as the #2 apparently

I'm all the way good on Russ.

Might as well have signed Kemba if we plan on going that direction.
I think about it more it could be worse.

The rumor could be trading all our assets for John Wall.

I’ve also found it funny how CP3 is held in such high regard when he hasn’t done **** when it matters either.
I mean for the past 20 years now. No superstar pg has done it on their own. When he has been paired with a star ends up facing the better team.

I know I'd pick a prime CP3 over prime Tony Parker.

Ya keep talking about players, but my concern is Fiz. If this MOFO can put together a cohesive offensive scheme, I'll give him till the ASG before i start calling for his head.

Ain't no way we can develop young players if we continue what he was doing last year. Even the defense looked terrible.

We can’t keep firing coaches like they’re the problem. Fitz is fine.. IMO Hornacek was also fine. They’re not top guys but the top guys aren’t signing to this squad now obviously.

Kenny Atkinson and Brett Brown knew they were never getting fired and that gave them freedom to focus on development. Just tell Fitz “forget winning your job is to make the young players better” and I think he can do well.

We can’t keep firing coaches like they’re the problem. Fitz is fine.. IMO Hornacek was also fine. They’re not top guys but the top guys aren’t signing to this squad now obviously.

Kenny Atkinson and Brett Brown knew they were never getting fired and that gave them freedom to focus on development. Just tell Fitz “forget winning your job is to make the young players better” and I think he can do well.
I don't know what was you watching last year, but Fitz did not do a great job at all.

Yes, he was the cool dude that players liked and he was able to bring a little something out of some, but ny no means did he have a ******* clue in offense or defense.

It was the wild wild west ... all he encorage was "shot the ball" and literally everyone that touched it besides Frank took the shot whether it was bad or not.

Defensively everyone was lost.

If the players where developing their game s e establishing their roles and at least it seem that there was some type offensive scheme. Cool ... but there was none. If he was just trying to find out shooters from none, cool. If he was tanking cool. But this year he has to show he can coach. Last year he used to take dudes that were doing well for his favorites ....

The last good coach we had was Woodson ...

Back
Top Bottom