Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

It's hilarious how much people defend Melo and how little he cared. Like dude was always super happy here playing his way and losing. He loved it. He asked for it, got it, and re-upped and stayed happy. He wanted to live in NYC, get paid big and play his way. Not get asked to pass the ball or adapt his game, set screens or be a leader or play defense just iso and jab step and put up stats until he got old. He didn't want to be great or win big.

People talk about how bad they feel for him it's hilarious :lol:.

And then he got lucky enough to get traded to two perfect situations and he was like "Nahhh this is not really what I want, I'm indifferent to winning but can I play my game again?". I think the funniest thing is Melo has been mad clear about his intentions his whole career but people still try to project on him.
One thing is true .. Melo care to play for his home team while making money more than winning.

If not he would of have gone to a contender early on. But who's to say he didn't want to win it all here.

Who's to say Phil didn't sell him a dream in how he would build around him to make him a champion???

Ya dudes be one sided and run ... this is how it is.

With Woodson, whether it was slightly for some or not, dude tried to play D and be a little less ISO. Or ya forgot?

Melo was gifted, if he was playing in the Jordan era, no doubt he would have murdered the league, but the league changed and his style of played wasnt meant for it. I'm not all about defending orbashing him. it is what it .

Dude took a backseat to PG and Russ in OKC and did the same in H-Town for 10 games. He was clearly not the focus offensively. Didn’t complain, didn’t exhibit poor body language, didn’t badmouth anyone, but that doesn’t fit the narrative. People saying otherwise definitely didn’t watch any of those games.

Now Amare came here because he wanted to be here. Like the Knicks weren’t the only morons to offer him 100m’s :lol:

Dude took a backseat to PG and Russ in OKC and did the same in H-Town for 10 games. He was clearly not the focus offensively. Didn’t complain, didn’t exhibit poor body language, didn’t badmouth anyone, but that doesn’t fit the narrative. People saying otherwise definitely didn’t watch any of those games.

Now Amare came here because he wanted to be here. Like the Knicks weren’t the only morons to offer him 100m’s :lol:
These dude only repeat what they heard or they seen without look at the entire picture.

That was the year we struck out and offered an injured player what no one in the league even came close. That's not to say he didn't bring excitement back to the garden, but that was not our or his first choice.

These dude only repeat what they heard or they seen without look at the entire picture.

That was the year we struck out and offered an injured player what no one in the league even came close. That's not to say he didn't bring excitement back to the garden, but that was not our or his first choice.

Clearly

Exactly. It’s not a knock on Amare, he went on a helluva roll his first season but we clearly overpaid him

Most people who criticize Melo lack nuance or just plain are speaking from a place of mostly ignorance.

Melo is fine in my book because he’s the only guy outside of Amare to actually try to come here and embrace NY. But...

Most people are criticizing his game and lack of adjustment. I said before he was in complete control of his entire career. Denver, NY, OKC, Houston were all very good fits. But look at Westbrook, all the talent in the world but will never adjust for the greater good of the team. Hell how tf is VC is still in the league but Melo isn’t. That’s all Melo man.

Nobody ever asked Melo to be Lebron, but that ego ****** him and why he’s legit being blackballed. Funny thing is Lebron is the only way he’d get back into the league.

The New York Knicks were hesitant to include Mitchell Robinson in trade negotiations with the New Orleans Pelicans for Anthony Davis, sources told Ian Begley of SNY.

"In talking about how important he is to this club, I was told that one player that was mostly off-limits in those Anthony Davis trade talks was Mitchell Robinson. That just tells you how important the Knicks feel he is to their future," said Begly in a television appearance for SNY.

The NY Post had reported that the Knicks never made a formal offer for Davis.

Robinson averaged 7.3 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 2.4 blocks in his rookie season for the Knicks.

Yoooooo :lol::lol::lol::lol: read the whole thing. Isn’t Le’ Knicks (IG page) in this thread. I thought It was run by the Gr8test. Apparently Amare sent him DMs trying to meet up with him over some slander :lol::lol:

Complex Sports (@ComplexSports) Tweeted:
Alleged screenshots show Amar'e Stoudemire trying to "meet" Knicks fan over criticism: https://t.co/2xNxtmaOjf https://t.co/y9XTaLvFfk

They should've met, wild unnecessary to come out your neck like that. Social media gives people energy.

Back
Top Bottom