Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

I told ya dudes before SL we making the playoffs.

Still telling ya ...

Boy Iggy is another ******* 2nd round steal .....

At this point imma keep it a buck, give Frank minutes for 20 games if that dude doesn't show anything.. we have to many Knicks own to continue the BS.

I think Frank saw his demise this Summer.

9546EA85-A8C1-45A9-8BB5-5EB300864C02.jpeg

Not that he should be on the team, but RJ could learn a **** ton from Melo in terms of scoring. RJ type stiff and not extremely fast. Melo never been fast, but he had a quick step and of course is strong. RJ already got man strength it seems.

I can see DSJ starting the season on the bench.

Starters looking like Payton, RJ, Knox, Randle, and Mitch?

Forgot about Morris, but I honestly don't know if he's starter nice.

Knox beasted last SL, so in that sense you shouldn't take much from these games, but he's definitely looking like a pro out there.

I'd put Morris behind Portis in the rotation because of the age difference and similar skill set.

Morris role is of the bench like he was in Boston. IMO, the only newly aquire starter is Randle, everyone else come off the bench. As the season progress, if the young core is just playing awful, then start incorporating Payton and maybe Morris.

If you're giving all the "vets" most of the burn, it be stupid. All are on one year deals ...

Fiz has the most pressure out of everyone this year. He won’t be able to sugar talk his way out if we finish with 20 wins. No more hoodwinking because of a developmental year. We actually have rotational vet players who are not gonna be with that ****. He’d have to really coach his *** out for us to even come anywhere near the playoffs.

My honest expectation is ~35 wins max

Last edited:
There’s just too much depth at every position. Man if we win 25 games Fiz gotta go.

Last year we had literally 4 players in the rotation who aren’t in the league anymore.
I could honestly say there are no G league players on this roster except Kadeem.

Plus you could argue that the bottom of the east is even weaker now.

We could win 35 games if everything goes right, which rarely happens.

Our two best players are Julius Randle & Marcus Morris. I'm just trying to temper expectations. This is only year two of the rebuild.

Don’t put expectations on anything involving this team cause they can easily come up short.

We might have vets but we also got young guys who are castoffs like DSJr or raw as hell like Mitch.

I feel you. It’ll be really hard to sell a 25 win season to the fan base at this point imo. It’ll be all talk and just a waste of bringing all these vets in. Wouldn’t mind the 25 wins if we just stuck with the young guys, but I highly doubt we will.

Unless Payton plays his *** off or DSJ takes that next step, point guard play is still our biggest weakness.

If we swapped all of our vets with the Warriors for DLo I think both teams would be in a much better position :lol:

Back
Top Bottom