Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

I mean we know now Chicago ain't it, but back then they seemed to only miss that extra piece to put them over the hump before all that stuff.

He'd honestly get playing time on every team except us.

We're deep 1-15. Might **** around and make it to the Finals (barring health of course).

Man, i mess wit Melo, but doing this interview was a bad look.

Keep ya head up and keep working, find your best opportunity. Wherever it is. He’s not struggling to find his next meal.

On some Jeremy Lin snip, how ironic. Same summer too.

Man, i mess wit Melo, but doing this interview was a bad look.

Keep ya head up and keep working, find your best opportunity. Wherever it is. He’s not struggling to find his next meal.

On some Jeremy Lin snip, how ironic. Same summer too.

So he should’ve sat back and continued to allow the media to paint a false narrative? Dudes been running him down for years

no disrespect to melo but i dont think his career would of ended differently had he went to chicago... he might of made the playoffs a few times but thats it

Idk, i even thought Chicago was where Melo shouldve went at the time but was happy he chose NYK.

upload_2019-8-2_22-20-53.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-2_22-20-53.png
    upload_2019-8-2_22-20-53.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
So he should’ve sat back and continued to allow the media to paint a false narrative? Dudes been running him down for years

What does it matter what the media spin is at this point? I agree, melo has gotten unfair treatment in the media for a while, but why care anymore?

He’s 200 Ms in. He’s had a great career. First ballot Hall of Famer. Huge brand outside of basketball.

It’s an ego thing at this point. He wants it to be his terms. “Like Wade”

Everybody can’t get the same send off.

Iverson and Marbury are 2 others of the same caliber that had to go thru the same kind of situations.

Sometimes u just gotta cut your losses and keep it moving. He won the Life game a long time ago.

What does it matter what the media spin is at this point? I agree, melo has gotten unfair treatment in the media for a while, but why care anymore?

He’s 200 Ms in. He’s had a great career. First ballot Hall of Famer. Huge brand outside of basketball.

It’s an ego thing at this point. He wants it to be his terms. “Like Wade”

Everybody can’t get the same send off.

Iverson and Marbury are 2 others of the same caliber that had to go thru the same kind of situations.

Sometimes u just gotta cut your losses and keep it moving. He won the Life game a long time ago.

It’s not about the send off. Dude just wants to play and there are plenty of guys on NBA rosters that he’s better than

Henry Abbott (@TrueHoop) Tweeted:
Knicks governor James Dolan was reportedly in and out of a group that, in 2003, attempted to purchase New York magazine. Also in the group, according to The New York Times? Jeffrey Epstein and Harvey Weinstein.
https://t.co/grIurF7QXc

Man ya’ll are trippin. My daughter name is Denver cause of the Melo Nuggets teams with the baby blue jerseys.

I love Melo. Huge culture icon in my personal life.

What is the major seperation between Melo and Steph as far as Basketball accolades and success are concerned?

Serious question.

Man ya’ll are trippin. My daughter name is Denver cause of the Melo Nuggets teams with the baby blue jerseys.

I love Melo. Huge culture icon in my personal life.

What is the major seperation between Melo and Steph as far as Basketball accolades and success are concerned?

Serious question.
Marbury only made 2 all star teams (as a reserve) and washed out of the league after 10 seasons. He had one of the worst attitudes I’ve ever seen on and off the court. Every team he left got better without him. Just a loser and ultimately an NBA afterthought.

Melo is a 10 time all star who failed to live up to superstar expectations and fell behind the all-time greats that were his peers. But he was still an extremely productive and consistent player who made an impact on the NBA. He didn’t play the most efficient style but he had plenty of elite skills and he has counting stats that made a mark in the record books.

Melo is my guy but him complaining about not having a team in his own fault. If he would have waited before forcing the trade and took the smaller contract in free agency we wouldn't of had to blow up the team. Galo and chandler were still playing well at that time and could have contributed. We also would of had draft picks for the following 2-3 years. He killed the knicks roster when he forced that trade i dont wanna hear anything from you other than you wernt able to get it done.

If he comes back cool of not it was just another great player to play for the knicks.

Melo is my guy but him complaining about not having a team in his own fault. If he would have waited before forcing the trade and took the smaller contract in free agency we wouldn't of had to blow up the team. Galo and chandler were still playing well at that time and could have contributed. We also would of had draft picks for the following 2-3 years. He killed the knicks roster when he forced that trade i dont wanna hear anything from you other than you wernt able to get it done.

If he comes back cool of not it was just another great player to play for the knicks.

You REALLY need to let that go. He is NOT the GM or president of the team. Not his fault that we pulled the trigger. Let it go man.

Yeah i'm glad he put things in his own words. Sports media especially has become where you can just completely make something up and run with it. Folks been making up these Melo narratives for years and not a one person around him has ever confirmed them.

Back
Top Bottom