Official 2019 OFFSEASON New York Yankees Thread: COLE OR STRAUS

will we have the funds to also sign judge and gleyber this last yr arbitration for judge and gleyber got like 2 more as you can see those two guys are must resigns due to what they bring

As long as we keep the core offense .. splurge on pitching. Eff it. The only people in our paths were the Trashstros and I can confidently say with one or two aces we are top dawgs in the league for years to come.

SMH, what a joke. Should have signed him again, 2/30 is more than reasonable for a team worth billions.

Especially after all the injuries we had last year, that's a huge mistake.

MFers better bring back Betances.

Sir DiDi will be missed . That bat flip is legendary :smokin

Aight Gleyber, big shoes to fill at SS , all yours now kid ..

I really hate the management of this team.
Because all the Yankees need is Gio to regress to who his track record says he is, and 1 injury in the infield to be looking at every day Tyler Wade.

There’s no reason they couldn’t have taken Didi as the everyday SS. Made; DJ, Gleyber, Didi and Gio the everyday guys . Voit and Andujar in the mix. And everybody at 135 games, give or take 15.

1B, 2B, SS, 3B & DH is a total of 810 games. Divided by 6, that’s 135.

kinda dumb to let Didi walk especially at that contract... but offensively he was frustrating to watch especially in the post season... he would swing at every first pitch SMH...this actually makes sense so andujar and gio can play everyday.... I think they put andujar at first with DJ at second and gleyber at short... defense should still be just as good even without didi

kinda dumb to let Didi walk especially at that contract... but offensively he was frustrating to watch especially in the post season... he would swing at every first pitch SMH...this actually makes sense so andujar and gio can play everyday.... I think they put andujar at first with DJ at second and gleyber at short... defense should still be just as good even without didi

Didi was crushing 1st pitches last year, he had like a 1.3 OPS last year when he put a ball in play on a 1st pitch.

And in the postseason he had some really big at bats throughout his tenure where he came through, and some where he didn’t.

Andujar is going to be DH before he’s at 1B.

my only fear is that I don’t fully trust Gio. Because he has zero track record of being the offensive player he was last year. And if he goes back to a .240 10HR guy, no thanks. Where on the other hand Tauchman is a guy who came out of nowhere and had a 2 month stretch where he was one of the best hitters in baseball, but if you look at 2017 and 18 and the 30 or so games in AAA in 2019 he was hitting extremely well in the minors.

I’m happy about Cole (hate the years and money, but whatever, I just don’t want to hear about needing to let guys go over the next few years)

But I’m going to be pissed with what the next moves are:
-Gardner gets 2 years from us (Help us)
-We let Dellin walk on a 1 or 2 year deal
-Romine gets a starting spot elsewhere, I don’t care about this because he deserves to start elsewhere.

I'm happy for Cole. I truly hope he finds the enlightenment he is seeking. Very proud of him and his agent. I am truly a fan of his.

SP
Cole
Severino
Tanaka
Paxton

RP
Green
Cessa
Ottavino
Kahnle
Britton
Chapman

Sanchez
Voit
DJ
Gleyber
Gio
Stanton
Judge
Andujar

Higashioka
Ford
Wade
Tauchman

4 more spots left:
CF - It’s probably Gardner FML
5th Starter - Montgomery opening day. German when he’s done with his suspension
Bullpen Arm- We should not let Betances go. Bullpen is huge in the playoffs. As exhibited by having to throw Ottavino out there when he was getting crushed.

Trade Clint attached to Happ to take 80% of his salary since Clint will never get a shot in NY

Didi had a weird last year with us. Felt he was totally different with reporters and beat writers this season versus ones prior

Back
Top Bottom