Official 2019 OFFSEASON New York Yankees Thread: COLE OR STRAUS

Whole medical staff needs to be fired yesterday. How the **** does this keep happening?

Per Yahoo:

Gary Sanchez (calf) expects to be activated from the injured list when his 10 days are up.

Advice
: Sanchez said Friday that he feels fine and that he was surprised when an MRI showed a small strain in his left calf. He will be eligible for activation on April 21 and it sounds like he could return then, although we'll have a clearer picture in the coming days.

I think it shows more that the players showed up this to spring training out of shape. Probably chilled all off season. That's on them IMO

Happ trash, I'm done with him too. Send him, Voit, Gardner and Wade away.

Lem is our best player somehow.

Hope they don't call this game, we finally looking good and gotta rhythm.

Last edited:
Happ I knew was going to be trash and Wade can’t Handle the big leagues. He’s a professional AAA player.

Boone so quick to pull SPs but not Happ when he’s clearly struggling

Game over, smh

Last edited:
I just don’t understand how people thought our starters were strong enough to make a WS run.

If healthy, the starters should have been fine.

Sevy, Tanaka & Paxton - 1-3 is a pretty good front half of the rotation. Modestly, It’s in the top half in MLB.
Happ & CC are quality 4-5. At the very least they are a top 3-4 back end.

BUT that was all based on track record.

We knew CC would get injured somewhere in the year. But that’s no big deal. He’s a 5. But Sevy getting injured and Happ/ Paxton struggling makes the whole rotation a wash.

It underscores what some people were saying about spending money. I think Corbin’s deal was an overpay... BUTTTTTTT we certainly had the means and ability to get him. But Hal short changed him. I believe was $50mil off what he ended up getting.
Young guys needing to get paid is besides the point. Happ got $17mil a year, CC got $8mil. Corbin got $23.33mil a year. CC is in his last year, as is Gardner who got $9mil. Basically it would have been 1 year of pain salary wise. When you throw in DJL got $12mil. Yes, DJL has been really good, but it’s underlining that we did spend, but could have spent more without much pain.

On the opposite end of spending, we could have gotten Machado or Harper and made trades for cheap young rotation guys with other players on the roster/ minors.

Hal’s penny pinching for quality and star players have held us back since around 2012/13. Girardi being an elite coach made us look great regardless of the roster. And Boone has a really good roster of healthy, but he’s a middle of the road manager

:lol::lol:

0B02F56A-7597-4C1D-8358-8FDE268ACB56.png

CC is a majestic fat man. And for it, we should all stuff our faces with a box of Cap’n Crunch

That throw by Judge, wow

IT WAS THE RIGHT DECISION TO GO CHEAP AND NOT BRING IN KEUCHEL IN FEBRUARY. ITS WORKING OUT WELL

Pat Shurmer was on the screen, crowd bood him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom