OFFICIAL 2020 - 2021 AIR MAX 95 THREAD

What Atmos video was this?

-Drew
Make sure you at least watch the video at 12:44. I almost busted.

By the way, how come we don't talk about the tees? They're pretty clean. If they have a swoosh on the back, I would probably prefer them to the hoodie.

Last edited:
Lol @ professional reseller ....
This trend is going to eventually die
Nike retro only means something to those of us that were around the first time the shoes came out.

Nike and JB aren't producing models that will live on through future retros. It's only a matter of time before people lose interest and move onto the next thing.

His username actually contains the original title of that manga in Japan (“Captain Tsubasa” was originally on weekly publishing comic mag called Shonen Jump and they turned it into animation later). But I don’t think you can become aware about that coz I have heard that the title was completely different when that anime went on air in Spain. Wasn’t it Oliver & Torress or something?
Thanks. I remembered it's called Super Campeones (Super Champions) in Spanish. Was it a popular one?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-29 Nike Air Max 95 OG Neon (2020).png
    Screenshot_2020-12-29 Nike Air Max 95 OG Neon (2020).png
    934.6 KB · Views: 228
Still no movement on mine. Come Saturday, I'm blowing up Nike & UPS's phones.

I've heard of stories on NT, where Nike has canceled an order & issued refund, only for the pair to be delivered the next day. lol

Not sure about yall but i am a 9.5 and last pair was sold at 183€ on stockx as we speak. 13€ over retail.

183€ is roughly $225 in USD.

These retailed for $170 USD.

That would make them $55 over retail, no?

Have 95s always been $30 more than 90s? Kind off blows my mind, particularly for this particular release given how amazing the Radiant IIIs (and other remastered turned out). Maybe 95s are overall more popular, particularly in Europe and Asia?

Have 95s always been $30 more than 90s? Kind off blows my mind, particularly for this particular release given how amazing the Radiant IIIs (and other remastered turned out). Maybe 95s are overall more popular, particularly in Europe and Asia?
Yeah they’ve costed more than 90s over the past couple of years. Don’t think I’ve ever recalled a regular pair of 95s costing less than a regular pair of 90s

Interesting. Don't know why that just sank in for me....heh. I can't unseen that "ai" shading. Wish you guys never pointed that out. It's like misspelling your own brand name....SMH. Maybe for the next anniversary they'll bring back the OG sized air bag along with correct branding....wishful thinking!

Reactions: ARK

They were usually more than $30 more. It was more like $40-$50 more. Technically it still is because the Air Max 3 is priced higher than a normal Air Max 90. What’s weird is I think the grey gradient with the pink pair that came out earlier in the year were $10 more than the neons.

10 years ago before the AM95 became popular in the netherlands, france, germany and other EU countries the price difference between 90s and 95s was only 20-25 euro, 90s were 140-145 euro and 95s were 160-165 euro but after the 20th anniversary AM Day campaign from the 95s in 2015 the popularity from the 95s starting to increase heavily, nike noticed the higher demand and immediately raised the price from 160 to 170 euro later the PRM and LX models starting to show up and those starting to cost 175-180 euro, at the current moment 95s are probably the second most popular retro Air Max here in the EU after the 97s, surpassing the AM1s and the 90s, popularity from the 90s decreased heavily the last few years and the silhouette went from the second place to the sixth place when it comes to popularity, i agree with you that the 2020 AM3 radiant reds is a better sneaker from a sneaker collectors perspective compared to the neons, cuz its recrafted and the shade of red is close to the OG etc, but you need to understand that the demand in general for the neon 95s in the EU and Asia is way larger than the 90s and that the majority of the buyers that buys a pair of neons have probably no affinity with the sneakergame or collecting sneakers so they wont care or see that the AM3 is the better sneaker from the 2, the only thing what counts for them is that they want the hottest retro Air Max on the current market and that are the neon 95s right now

10 years ago before the AM95 became popular in the netherlands, france, germany and other EU countries the price difference between 90s and 95s was only 20-25 euro, 90s were 140-145 euro and 95s were 160-165 euro but after the 20th anniversary AM Day campaign from the 95s in 2015 the popularity from the 95s starting to increase heavily, nike noticed the higher demand and immediately raised the price from 160 to 170 euro later the PRM and LX models starting to show up and those starting to cost 175-180 euro, at the current moment 95s are probably the second most popular retro Air Max here in the EU after the 97s, surpassing the AM1s and the 90s, popularity from the 90s decreased heavily the last few years and the silhouette went from the second place to the sixth place when it comes to popularity, i agree with you that the 2020 AM3 radiant reds is a better sneaker from a sneaker collectors perspective compared to the neons, cuz its recrafted and the shade of red is close to the OG etc, but you need to understand that the demand in general for the neon 95s in the EU and Asia is way larger than the 90s and that the majority of the buyers that buys a pair of neons have probably no affinity with the sneakergame or collecting sneakers so they wont care or see that the AM3 is the better sneaker from the 2, the only thing what counts for them is that they want the hottest retro Air Max on the current market and that are the neon 95s right now

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. That makes a lot of sense. I didn't realize previously how much more popular 95s have been, particularly outside of the collector community. Wish Nike would spend some resources making that air sole more squishy to add the comfort component!

Always appreciate the perspective of the sneaker culture from the different Contries around the world.

Europe is a wild guess.
I remember when I was studying in Paris like 6 years ago.
There was just two things that you’d see people wear.
AF1 and Stan Smith. It was like you either had them or were not relevant at all.
The sneaker scene was fairly small compared to the us. Nowadays is a complete different animal

Europe is a wild guess.
I remember when I was studying in Paris like 6 years ago.
There was just two things that you’d see people wear.
AF1 and Stan Smith. It was like you either had them or were not relevant at all.
The sneaker scene was fairly small compared to the us. Nowadays is a complete different animal

Depends MASSIVELY where you hanged out in Paris.

If you were studying chances are you were near the 1/4/5/6 neighborhoods of Paris where most universities are located.

I don't need to tell you how exclusive this are is. In fact, most of inner Paris isn't actually "sneaker head" territory pr say even if, indeed, things have changed and kicks have slowly made their way into luxury and high fashion.

But as soon as you leave Paris and get to the periphery.... You quickly know what's up. There are massive projects in towns around Paris and street culture becomes dominant. Stan Smiths are NOT THE THING there. Be sure of that lol.

By then you would have been convinced that, indeed, Paris is a sneaker city. Air Maxes are historically notorious just like in most EU capitals. Big Windows were the most famous of them all. Then TN's. 95's had their run too but aren't as popular as the 2 previous models.

Today Jordans climbed up the ranks but they weren't as popular back in the day. In fact, believe it or not, as a kid growing near Paris, Barckleys (Had the Air Force Max 93 in the suns CW and the Air Force 180 lowy in the black-blue-red CW) were the most coveted kicks of them all for some reason. Jordan's weren't as popular. Plus, they were impossible to get anyways.

I remember when I was in Athens in 2006 for my honeymoon seeing the AM2006 for the first time thinking that air unit was so awesome; they were in every boutique I passed by.

Back
Top Bottom