Official 2020 Boxing Thread: 12/12 - Joshua vs. Pulev DAZN, Stevenson vs. Clary ESPN

Who will be the winner of Wilder vs. Fury II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kaibutsu. 🔥
F1929B97-FFEC-49AD-8297-30EF47F004AA.jpeg
Moloney twins used to train at the gym where I worked out. Still want Inoue to win, and then want Casimero to fight him.

Wonder if Inoue will fight Casamiro, Oubaali and Rigondeaux or if he'll move up to 122 before that

Oubali scheduled to fight Donaire this December. I just remembered Casimero fought at PBC, so Arum will probably not push through against him. So Rigo or moving up for Inoue

IMO Loma did not win the 2nd round that everyone is trying to give him. IMO he didn't win the 7th either. And round 8 was very close. Only bad card was Lederman.

Last edited:
I actually do like Crawford... I’m sick of his quality of opponents and I do want to see him fight someone like Keith Thurman or Porter

So would I. But its business and Crawford would have to lose a fight before al haymon let's anyone of his fighters with a name take an *** whipping from crawford. That's just how theyve BEEN doing business over there.

This is why we need to appreciate lomachenko vs lopez and top rank actually making that fight happen. Pbc couldnt even get Thurman scared *** to fight Spence for a unification despite them having the same promoter.

Top rank did this partly because sports as a whole was at a standstill at the time. They needed a big push to generate buzz. Also opened up the world to ESPN plus for big fights.

Nah, the fight was agreed to since last year and was originally scheduled for april before anyone knew a lockdown was coming. Either way, you still need the fighters to agree to take risks and take the fights.

Y'all still dont realize that crawford is being BLATANTLY avoided by every PBC welterweight?

Shawn Porter is PBC right? Correct me if I’m wrong. If he is did he not say he wanted the smoke with Bud and that’s one of his peoples so that’s easy to make. No more excuses for Crawford and I like him. Dude needs to be clowned excessive for taking that Kell Brook fight. Kell is damaged goods.

if it’s about money cuz of this pandemic I’m sure Porter fight makes more money. Ain’t nobody tryna check for this **** :lol:. No wonder why he’s really not a star like that.

Nah, the fight was agreed to since last year and was originally scheduled for april before anyone knew a lockdown was coming. Either way, you still need the fighters to agree to take risks and take the fights.
You’re probably right then.

yeah people need to agree to fight but, from the business side of things, one person with an actual name shouldn’t be expected to stick their neck out for someone not as known. The hype jobs aren’t working. Nobody cares about tank Davis, and the likes. Nobody is dropping money Watch them.

its the paradox of the hype job lol. You want to grow a name but you can’t without real fights. Nobody wants a real fight against someone without a name. Never ending cycle..

I’m speaking from a commercial perspective. A mainstream name just isn’t there with a lot of these guys

Shawn Porter is PBC right? Correct me if I’m wrong. If he is did he not say he wanted the smoke with Bud and that’s one of his peoples so that’s easy to make. No more excuses for Crawford and I like him. Dude needs to be clowned excessive for taking that Kell Brook fight. Kell is damaged goods.

if it’s about money cuz of this pandemic I’m sure Porter fight makes more money. Ain’t nobody tryna check for this **** :lol:. No wonder why he’s really not a star like that.

Porter and Crawford are really friends and will never fight bro. However I can't disagree with anything you're saying

You’re probably right then.

yeah people need to agree to fight but, from the business side of things, one person with an actual name shouldn’t be expected to stick their neck out for someone not as known. The hype jobs aren’t working. Nobody cares about tank Davis, and the likes. Nobody is dropping money Watch them.

its the paradox of the hype job lol. You want to grow a name but you can’t without real fights. Nobody wants a real fight against someone without a name. Never ending cycle..

I’m speaking from a commercial perspective. A mainstream name just isn’t there with a lot of these guys

I used to think this was true but then floyd proved me wrong with tank lol. Pay attention, people actually do care about tank and do drop money to watch him smh. 90% of his fans know absolutely nothing about boxing and hes the most famous young fighter outside of maybe ryan garcia. All while fighting absolutely no one for the past 5 years. This dude damn near sold out an arena for the gamboa fight.

We are in a weird time. I'm seeing the comments and all I see from a lot is "lomachenko is a hype job" "lomachenko is overrated". All because he wants to be great and for moving up in weight because no one would fight him at 126 or 130. He fights a young killer who he didnt have to fight, loses, and gets criticized lol. If everyone elite fought everyone elite then no one would retire undefeated. Floyd really ****ed up the minds of people who dont really understand boxing with this ****.

Nah dont blame floyd for that. That's boxing's schtick... undefeated prospects. They played themselves.

Floyd was jus good enough to keep it alive over multiple decades
No hate on him. He promoted himself too which these guys aren’t.

Y'all still dont realize that crawford is being BLATANTLY avoided by every PBC welterweight?

Outside of Shawn Porter, yeah.

I dunno why people are acting so surprised about his lack of competition at 147. Folks are either slow or disingenuous, one or the other.

But that said, not taking the Porter fight is still a terrible look, regardless of being friends.

But also, PBC not making the Crawford fight goes both ways. Bob Arum is trying to keep it in house too. And let's not act like guys like Danny Garcia or Thurman were running to fight Crawford either. They're all only hype to fight Spence after Spence became the guy when he beat Porter, look at how Thurman and Garcia were acting before. High risk, low reward. Same with Bud.

Shawn Porter is the only guy at 147 who's 100% down to fight whoever. And because he's not protecting an 0 and is basically a B-side against any of the top guys at 147, Haymon lets him do his thing. Everybody else is very much involved in the politics of boxing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom