OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also allows athletes to use their status as student-athletes as selling points for business, like a softball player getting paid to do private softball lessons all summer etc

?

So what's it gonna be Dabo Luther King?

Then he's going to have to tax academic and otherwise scholarships as income too - most of which go to privileged white children - to make it work under the equal protection clause. Good luck getting that off. I really feel like most of these politicians have no idea what they're doing and just be cutting wrestling promos.

Also LMAO at a southern republican senator going on the record as being pro increased taxation. That will go well for him. I'm sure it'll be right in step with all his other public takes on income taxes.

They'll find a middle ground with social media stuff, video games, autograph signings, maybe jersey sales, etc. and just have to accept/understand there's going to be some grey area they're not going to be able to control.
Yea, the grey area is going to be exploited immediately but who cares. Can't really stop this train, nor should they.

gotta imagine they would cap what someone could make off jersey sales? Otherwise, what's to prevent LSU from saying you get 50% of sales vs. A&M offering just 20%

Maybe I'm thinking too deep into this but this sounds like potential disaster

I saw an article yesterday where I think it was Gene Smith quoted as saying that local endorsements and commercials is specifically the thing they want to prevent. That more than likely they'll let people monetize their social media accounts and they're discussing how to permit them to collect revenue from things like movies and video games.

this is about to get silly.

what’s the difference between promoting a protein shake on your instagram and promoting the new Suburban at a local car dealership?

both are advertisements.

they make better sports games than EA. Period.

Basketball wise yes..but that’s not saying much. I don’t play any baseball or hockey titles so I can’t speak on them. And I gave up on Madden years ago it’s literally a copy and paste with new face masks and helmets each year. It always felt like to me that EA put way more time and effort into NCAA than they did Madden.

But then again I just think college sports yield themselves into being more playable offline than pro sport titles. I think it would be extremely hard to mess up a college football or basketball game. (Even though the last basketball one by EA was terrible.)

Basketball wise yes..but that’s not saying much. I don’t play any baseball or hockey titles so I can’t speak on them. And I gave up on Madden years ago it’s literally a copy and paste with new face masks and helmets each year. It always felt like to me that EA put way more time and effort into NCAA than they did Madden.

But then again I just think college sports yield themselves into being more playable offline than pro sport titles. I think it would be extremely hard to mess up a college football or basketball game. (Even though the last basketball one by EA was terrible.)

oh so you never played NFL 2k before EA got the exclusive NFL video game rights?

you missed out! NFL 2K > Madden.

RE: Richard Burr -- Good luck, dude. That **** ain't ever gonna fly.

RE: Dabo -- Good riddance.
gotta imagine they would cap what someone could make off jersey sales? Otherwise, what's to prevent LSU from saying you get 50% of sales vs. A&M offering just 20%

Maybe I'm thinking too deep into this but this sounds like potential disaster
You're thinking too deeply into this... They're not going to let the school dictate any sort of those percentages

oh so you never played NFL 2k before EA got the exclusive NFL video game rights?

you missed out! NFL 2K > Madden.

So true. The fluidity of those games absolutely crushed EA football games, it makes madden/NCAA look like the games are played with statues

The outrage people have over this likeness development is hilarious.

:lol:

It’s so stupid watching them tie themselves in knots trying to rationalize the benefits athletes already receive.

“What about their tuition! Books! Housing!”
“Can programs then start charging for all the training, dietary elements, facilities, shoes, clothes, etc?!”

Morons. :lol:

There’s no college coaches union right?

So EA would have to deal individually with them and theoretically guys like Saban, and Dabo are going to be able to command substantial deals for their own I&L to be used in the game :lol:

For the kids, I’m assuming the schools are going to handle it and cut them a check. The NCAA moves at a snails pace, there’s no way they are going to let these kids broker their own deals.

The outrage people have over this likeness development is hilarious.

:lol:

It’s so stupid watching them tie themselves in knots trying to rationalize the benefits athletes already receive.

“What about their tuition! Books! Housing!”
“Can programs then start charging for all the training, dietary elements, facilities, shoes, clothes, etc?!”

Morons. :lol:

The ironic thing is that most of these guys are some of the biggest stans for free market capitalism.

Looking likely that USC announces their new AD and Urban Meyer on Nov 24. More likely the announcement is Meyer than AD but one of the two is getting named that day.

Welp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom