OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been tryna tell folks this for a decade: Nebraska will NEVER be a perrenial title contender again. Doesn't matter if they have Saban, Meyer, Dabo, etc. as HC, those days are gone.

The circumstances that led to their success from the 70s through the 90s are gone and aren't coming back. They're an also-ran program with elite history and will be so forever.

unfortunately i feel the same way about miami.. notre dame will never actually win it..

also no clue if bama can sustain after saban.. or clemson after dabo

LSU was inevitable.. ditto UGA.. i assume texas, USC, florida and FSU figure things out eventual

unfortunately i feel the same way about miami.. notre dame will never actually win it..

also no clue if bama can sustain after saban.. or clemson after dabo

LSU was inevitable.. ditto UGA.. i assume texas, USC, florida and FSU figure things out eventual

Miami is still in Miami. Give them a component coach who's from the area and a good coach and they'll be back in the top 10. They were in the top in 2017. Nebraska is a completely different case.

Riley left Frost an awful roster, if they are still bad next year then I would start to worry.

I thought they'd at least be a bowl team this year but I'm not shocked they're not living up to the preseason expectations.

Miami has the most fertile recruiting base in the country. Can't compare that to Nebraska.

Miami is still in Miami. Give them a component coach who's from the area and a good coach and they'll be back in the top 10. They were in the top in 2017. Nebraska is a completely different case.

i just dont think a private school can really do it on that level year in and year out with those other schools i mentioned.. plus miami doesnt get pretty much all the south florida talent anymore and especially all the miami/fort lauderdale area talent

i mean i guess if they get a next level booster who goes all in like rockets dude with houston.. but i dont know if miami will just allow someone to have that level of control given a certain price tag

like tennessee got a big booster but not the location of the other spots.. auburn has been smarter with lowder's money

i just dont think a private school can really do it on that level year in and year out with those other schools i mentioned.. plus miami doesnt get pretty much all the south florida talent anymore and especially all the miami/fort lauderdale area talent

i mean i guess if they get a next level booster who goes all in like rockets dude with houston.. but i dont know if miami will just allow someone to have that level of control given a certain price tag

like tennessee got a big booster but not the location of the other spots.. auburn has been smarter with lowder's money

Nevin Shapiro gone be byke atchereeee sooooooon

Ralphie retired :frown:

I was at the Alumni tent before the buffs game against Stanford this past weekend, and saw her up close...I’ve prob done that close to 50ish times, and it never gets old.

“I wanted to wait until the final verdict was released on this before I posted.....

Have heard a lot of names associated with who could have made an issue of this for Chase Young....

while we will never "know" for 100% certain who did the deed---what I can tell you with 100% certainty is who Ohio State "believes" did the deed....

that would be Mike Locksley head coach of Maryland...

it wasn't an accident that Day was on side kicking against those guys....

it wasn't an accident that Day was calling time outs late in the half....

it wasn't an accident that we scored 73 points....

"watch what they do, not what they say"
Grannie Nevada”

“I wanted to wait until the final verdict was released on this before I posted.....

Have heard a lot of names associated with who could have made an issue of this for Chase Young....

while we will never "know" for 100% certain who did the deed---what I can tell you with 100% certainty is who Ohio State "believes" did the deed....

that would be Mike Locksley head coach of Maryland...

it wasn't an accident that Day was on side kicking against those guys....

it wasn't an accident that Day was calling time outs late in the half....

it wasn't an accident that we scored 73 points....

"watch what they do, not what they say"
Grannie Nevada”

That's funny...I'm watching last night's ep of Inside College Football on CBSSN and just now after I saw your post, they implied the same.

I could see it coming from someone from UMD but I doubt it was Locksley.

That could be a death nail in recruiting. It’s one thing to rat on a program or a coach, but it’s another thing entirely to rat on a college kid for something as innocent as wanting to take your gf to the Rose Bowl.

That’s what I didn’t understand either, they had no shot at winning that game with or without him on the field. Them saying it makes no sense to me. At the presser it’s now being said that nobody from Maryland or Penn State said anything

Back
Top Bottom