OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well the SECCG sucked. The moment we saw Tyler Simmons drop a TD pass on the first play of the game I knew it was gonna be ugly. Our #1WR was out, our #2WR was suspended the first half, #3WR tore his ACL in the first quarter and Swift had a bum shoulder (only had 4 touches all game). We weren't gonna win anyway but we had no playmakers. On top of that Fromm played poorly. I've never seen a QB regress like this. In retrospect, I underrated the loss of our top 5 pass-catchers from last season. It's not just the receiver talent we lost (although that's a big part of it), his mechanics suck and he had happy feet in the pocket, which is bizarre because he has an elite pass blocking O-line. Doesn't look like the same guy who was top 3 in pass efficiency last season.

I think we need an offensive philosophy change. Many Georgia fans are frustrated with Kirby's pro-style, "play in a phonebooth", run-heavy style. That style of play is overly complicated for the college game (too many checks at the line, decisions for the QB, etc.) and it doesn't stress defenses. I'd like to see us run something similar to Oklahoma, they still have a power running game but spread teams out. I get that you can't flip a switch and the next week have a difference offensive scheme, this isn't Madden, but I'd like to see some changes. I'd like to get rid of Coley or at least bring in more innovative offensive coaches or analysts. I'm not tryna run this same offense back again next season

The defense played about as well as they could and you could tell they were gassed. The offense literally couldn't score. I knew LSU would score in the high-20s at least, the days of holding elite offenses to 10 or 14 pts is over.

All in all, a pretty successful season. We had to replace our top 5 pass catchers and we had 2 new coordinators. We beat all of our rivals and we're still ranked #5 but the offense was tough to watch.

Hope y'all fire Coley. Miami is going to need a new WR coach :nerd:

I really don't know where your confidence in UGA going into that game was coming from aside from blind homerism. Your offense had sucked :lol:

Hope y'all fire Coley. Miami is going to need a new WR coach :nerd:

I really don't know where your confidence in UGA going into that game was coming from aside from blind homerism. Your offense had sucked :lol:

90% of it was straight homerism. I thought we'd be able to run the ball and control the clock but once I saw the shape Swift was in on top of our trash receivers, I knew that wasn't happening. Hats off to LSU though.

We didn't have an identity on offense this season. Our run game wasn't as dominant and our passing game was crash (especially once Cager went out). I'd like to get rid of Coley too but he wasn't playing with a full deck. Way too many injuries

Last edited:
90% of it was straight homerism. I thought we'd be able to run the ball and control the clock but once I saw the shape Swift was in on top of our trash receivers, I knew that wasn't happening. Hats off to LSU though.

We didn't have an identity on offense this season. Our run game wasn't as dominant and our passing game was crash (especially once Cager went out). I'd like to get rid of Coley too but he wasn't playing with a full deck. Way too many injuries

Not to sure we get rid of coley unless he leave for a HC position like pitboss did. I want a new OC cuz coley ran plans into the ground and like u said didnt have an identity. TS told the world that they hadn't ran any where near the amount of plays that they usually run at practice so you'd have to wonder what was his game plan from week to week cuz it seemed he ran the same type of plays. I wanted bobo back but look how that is playing out......

I feel like all the baddies I knew in college are either in Medical Device Sales or Real Estate agents
That’s cuz dudes buy from sexy *** women and those two paths are the easiest routes to $$$$$ quick if you get in at the right place.

Medical sales is nuts.

Not to sure we get rid of coley unless he leave for a HC position like pitboss did. I want a new OC cuz coley ran plans into the ground and like u said didnt have an identity. TS told the world that they hadn't ran any where near the amount of plays that they usually run at practice so you'd have to wonder what was his game plan from week to week cuz it seemed he ran the same type of plays. I wanted bobo back but look how that is playing out......

I wasn't as high on Bobo as other people were. Most of the fan base was happy to see him leave, it's funny that so many people were clamoring for him to return. He's definitely an upgrade over what we have now but he's definitely not the best offensive coordinator there is.

For me, it all comes down to how married Kirby is to his scheme. I think you can win at the highest level with this scheme but it's suboptimal IMO. The days of defense winning championships are over in my opinion; all for the playoff teams are top 5 and offensive efficiency this season.

I'm not sure if it matters who the offensive coordinator is if the head coach is dictating that we play a specific style. Ed orgeron understood that he's not an offensive guy and just took a hands-off approach and handed the offense over to someone he trusts. I pray that Kirby does something like this.

I wasn't as high on Bobo as other people were. Most of the fan base was happy to see him leave, it's funny that so many people were clamoring for him to return. He's definitely an upgrade over what we have now but he's definitely not the best offensive coordinator there is.

For me, it all comes down to how married Kirby is to his scheme. I think you can win at the highest level with this scheme but it's suboptimal IMO. The days of defense winning championships are over in my opinion; all for the playoff teams are top 5 and offensive efficiency this season.

I'm not sure if it matters who the offensive coordinator is if the head coach is dictating that we play a specific style. Ed orgeron understood that he's not an offensive guy and just took a hands-off approach and handed the offense over to someone he trusts. I pray that Kirby does something like this.

Completely agree when bobo left he had the highest scoring offense in UGA history and yes he didnt run things that just wowed the crowd but he did what had to be done to win games at the time. And you are spot on kirby in my opinion got a gut check yet again with how he runs his team and i think that IF he does hire a new OC he is going to have to take a different approach and trust in who he has hired cuz if not we will be in the same spot we are in now.....

I will say, my least favorite thing about USC’s fanbase is how eager they are to call others idiots or talk about their intelligence as a putdown. It stinks of projection.

This is funny though.

———

Dopey Dan. One week before signing day :lol:

at least he’s being honest.

Chip Brown at Horns247:

"Bottom line is the latest I’m hearing is Harrell is likely to accept the new contract being offered by USC. Don't kill the messenger. Just passing along "insider information."

One source said Harrell told Herman late last week that he’s going to stay at USC. But I couldn’t confirm that, so we didn’t report it. But in the last two days, I’ve heard more information from those connected to Harrell that would lead me to believe Herman is going to have to focus his offensive coordinator search elsewhere."

76036187-91A1-4134-9D30-6CF5CE5B3B9B.jpeg

@fakeNewsNako ... Ty Jordan flipped to Utah. :lol:

Texas in shambles.

Horns 247 mentioned Herman was selling offensive recruits (Bijan) on the fact he’s bringing in Harrell and a new offense which is hilarious considering we already have that offense and are competing for the same kids :lol:

I imagine there were some confused faces.

Their class will be fine though.

Tarik Black is in the portal. No surprise there but with the wave of WRs coming in and Ronnie Bell breaking out its a loss but not a big loss.

Back
Top Bottom