OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
th

Redzone offense has been AWFUL the whole season....this was a huge highlight of it. Not sure why Fields didn’t use his legs to run today, that sure was a problem when Clemson played UNC

Happy w where the program is headed, I mean this was Fields’s first year , as a transfer....Urban would have lost the Big10 title game vs Wisconsin hands down , he’s not good at in game adjustments

Really? As long a as you’ve been around you’ve never heard about it? Did you not know about Rock Deep?

For the past however several years I really only visit the same handful of threads so if it isn’t happening in one of those on the day I’m looking at them I miss it.

What happened with Rockdeep?

Jrose was such a racist that an NTer created the Jalen Rose KKK gif in his honor.

I remember people calling JRose racist but they called Meth racist too. Didn’t know Rose was actually out here racisting.

Last edited:

アミーゴ アミーゴ flying back out for drinks on you if they win?

Redzone offense has been AWFUL the whole season....this was a huge highlight of it. Not sure why Fields didn’t use his legs to run today, that sure was a problem when Clemson played UNC

Happy w where the program is headed, I mean this was Fields’s first year , as a transfer....Urban would have lost the Big10 title game vs Wisconsin hands down , he’s not good at in game adjustments

He didn’t use his legs because he was hurt more seriously than they were even letting on. There were two plays towards the end of the year where he looked like he could have blown his knee out and they called them ankle and knee sprains. It’s clear they weren’t as minor as they made them out to be.

The Natty it's going to be an interesting matchup. The biggest positional group matchup is going to be Clemson's defensive line vs LSU's offensive line. The only team that even slow down LSU all season was Auburn and that was because their defensive line wreaked havoc.

For the past however several years I really only visit the same handful of threads so if it isn’t happening in one of those on the day I’m looking at them I miss it.

What happened with Rockdeep?

I remember people calling JRose racist but they called Meth racist too. Didn’t know Rose was actually out here racisting.

Rockdeep basically scammed someone for shoes on here (some Lebron 7s if I remember correctly) and posted a pic with a gun and the shoes saying if anyone wants to come get them then bring it.

Beyond NT drama he also ripped off children’s sports teams. He now owns some trash *** company that makes payless looking shoes

Rockdeep basically scammed someone for shoes on here (some Lebron 7s if I remember correctly) and posted a pic with a gun and the shoes saying if anyone wants to come get them then bring it.

Beyond NT drama he also ripped off children’s sports teams. He now owns some trash *** company that makes payless looking shoes

Oh man :lol:

He tried to scam all of these kids. His Google reviews are hilarious especially when he responds to negative reviews.

I think Oklahoma (and the Big 12 as a whole) are going to start getting the Notre Dame treatment from the committee. They're going to have to be undefeated in order to get in the playoff.

After seeing Notre Dame's and Oklahoma's performances in the playoffs, I totally see the committee being more open to having multiple teams from one conference.

I think Oklahoma (and the Big 12 as a whole) are going to start getting the Notre Dame treatment from the committee. They're going to have to be undefeated in order to get in the playoff.

After seeing Notre Dame's and Oklahoma's performances in the playoffs, I totally see the committee being more open to having multiple teams from one conference.

So only the sec can have 1 loss teams?

and I guess it depends on the big 10 team?

So only the sec can have 1 loss teams?

and I guess it depends on the big 10 team?

I see the committee being more willing to just put who they believe the top four teams are and not be beholden to conference champions.

Out of the 12 semifinal games we've had in the playoff era, nine of them have been double-digit victories. Maybe the way we're selecting teams currently is just leading to a lot of lopsided outcomes? Or maybe we usually when we have two or three championship worthy teams every season?

I see the committee being more willing to just put who they believe the top four teams are and not be beholden to conference champions.

Out of the 12 semifinal games we've had in the playoff era, nine of them have been double-digit victories. Maybe the way we're selecting teams currently is just leading to a lot of lopsided outcomes? Or maybe we usually when we have two or three championship worthy teams every season?

I mean I get your point, but pretty much every other conference but the SEC will cry

the answer is really, they need to expand the playoffs

give an automatic bid to the conference champs of the:
SEC,
big 10 inclusive of Norte dame
pac 12
big 12
ACC

so that’s 5.. I’d say 9 or 10 teams is a good number.. then you have 2 spots for the non power 5 comference champions, say the 2 highest ranked.. and then another 2-3 spots, if only 2 then you can give the top spot a bye

It's all good. We've all been there. You guys played a heck of a game. How are the buckeyes looking next season?

Losing a lot but should still have talent, a lot of folks said we should be better next year than this year but I’m not seeing it. Okudah, Arnette, and Young all gone I’m sure. Offense losing quite a bit too.

As far as the B12 goes, I think Oklahoma is in the same position Ohio State was years back. The conference isn’t all that good at the moment and they win it then get beat on the big stage. Ohio State was getting worked in the BCS games time and time again. Looked like world beaters then weak against outside comp. Sure they lose a game every now and then but there’s nobody that challenges them every year. The B1G has a handful of teams that could win the conference each year. It’s all cyclical though

I still can’t believe Ohio state lost that shh and now I gotta hear from dabo’s annoying a***** for the next 2 weeks if I turn it on ESPN or something

good gawd if dabo pulls off a miracle in 2 weeks

I mean I get your point, but pretty much every other conference but the SEC will cry

SEC,
pac 12
big 12
ACC

so that’s 5.. I’d say 9 or 10 teams is a good number.. then you have 2 spots for the non power 5 comference champions, say the 2 highest ranked.. and then another 2-3 spots, if only 2 then you can give the top spot a bye

I can’t get down with expansion/conference champs. Let’s say a 7-5 team makes it to the conference title game and pulls the upset, you think they deserve to be in the playoff?

Also, most years there aren’t but 4-5 good teams who should be playing for a title. There were 3 this year and it showed in the playoff games.

SEC,
pac 12
big 12
ACC

So you know that the majority of playoff semifinals are blowouts and it's hard to find for good teams every year and your answer is....include more teams? Oh that would lead to is more blowout playoff games. There's usually been one sacrificial lamb that everyone knows isn't on the same level as the other teams.

2019 Oklahoma
2018 Oklahoma
2018 Notre Dame
2016 Washington
2015 Michigan State

The only team in the Playoff era that I think got screwed out of making the final four was 2014 Baylor. Let's be real here, teams 5-8 (Georgia, Oregon, Baylor and Wisconsin) would all get absolutely destroyed and don't deserve a shot to play for a championship.

keep in mind, I'm a Georgia fan in my team has been the first team left out the last two seasons but even I can see we don't need more playoff teams.

Back
Top Bottom