OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean I get your point, but pretty much every other conference but the SEC will cry

the answer is really, they need to expand the playoffs

give an automatic bid to the conference champs of the:
SEC,
big 10 inclusive of Norte dame
pac 12
big 12
ACC

so that’s 5.. I’d say 9 or 10 teams is a good number.. then you have 2 spots for the non power 5 comference champions, say the 2 highest ranked.. and then another 2-3 spots, if only 2 then you can give the top spot a bye
If they are going to do this which I agree with they gotta pay the players

100% This. College football season used to be a total of 12 games (11 regular-season games in the bowl game). Then 12 game regular seasons became the norm and then we started adding conference title games on top of bowl games. Now we have 12 game regular seasons, conference title games and two bowl games to determine the national champion. the season continues to get longer and longer, everyone else in college football continues to make more money and the kids continue to not get paid.

The optics of college kids not being compensated and playing 16 game schedule like NFL pro athletes doesn't look good at all. It would be like college basketball players playing 82-game seasons.

Last edited:
I mean I get your point, but pretty much every other conference but the SEC will cry

the answer is really, they need to expand the playoffs

give an automatic bid to the conference champs of the:
SEC,
big 10 inclusive of Norte dame
pac 12
big 12
ACC

so that’s 5.. I’d say 9 or 10 teams is a good number.. then you have 2 spots for the non power 5 comference champions, say the 2 highest ranked.. and then another 2-3 spots, if only 2 then you can give the top spot a bye
We don't even have 4 elite teams. Why expand? Just sounds silly to try and make these kids play more games.

should be paying the players anyways

but should be a max of 10 regular season games.. championship games.. then the playoffs

We don't even have 4 elite teams. Why expand? Just sounds silly to try and make these kids play more games.

it’s sports, in a single game shh can happen.. favorites lose all the time.. best team doesn’t always win

would rather see a proper playoff than the million and 1 bowl games that I’ll only watch if ain’t shh else on

Did Bomani start watching college football yesterday? Everyone knows that there's a direct correlation between recruiting and wins. Is this supposed to be news?
Screen-Shot-2019-07-01-at-4.20.55-PM.png

There’s not going to 4+ elite teams. That’s not the point.

4 team playoff is funneling all the best players into fewer school. More paths to the playoffs may be a way to alleviate this.

There’s not going to 4+ elite teams. That’s not the point.

4 team playoff is funneling all the best players into fewer school. More paths to the playoffs may be a way to alleviate this.

Even before the playoff and the BCS, top talent went to the same small number of schools. The playoff didn't change that. The schools themselves have changed (Florida, FSU, Miami, USC all had their run in their heyday) but the idea of only a small number of schools having a shot to win has always been a reality in college football.

Except it is happening now more than ever.

Maybe the playoffs have nothing to do with that though.

Was more regional

like Miami kept pretty much all the kids south of Orlando they wanted

but where the real hit is usc, Texas and Florida and/or FSU are bleeding in state kids

It’s always been the same 10-12 teams in the mix and of those 10-12 teams maybe 5-7 have a legit shot at winning it all. The playoff hasn’t changed that

Sure you’ll get a Minnesota or something every now and then who reaches 10-0 but it always sorts itself out and it’s back to the same. You can expand it to 20 teams and all those top recruits are still going to be going to the big time schools

Did Bomani start watching college football yesterday? Everyone knows that there's a direct correlation between recruiting and wins. Is this supposed to be news?
Screen-Shot-2019-07-01-at-4.20.55-PM.png

seems like junk science to me 🤷🏾‍♂️

It’s always been the same 10-12 teams in the mix and of those 10-12 teams maybe 5-7 have a legit shot at winning it all. The playoff hasn’t changed that

Sure you’ll get a Minnesota or something every now and then who reaches 10-0 but it always sorts itself out and it’s back to the same. You can expand it to 20 teams and all those top recruits are still going to be going to the big time schools

Well let’s not be hasty.

MVP MVP アミーゴ アミーゴ

College football needs Texas, usc and as much as I hate to say it Florida and FSU to get their shh together

I mean Tennessee got funny money too.. but that’s browns related, so I got little faith in that one

These graphs are from a good article Stadium did this past offseason. They also highlighted the teams that have done the least with the most talent (USC, Texas, FSU)

Screen-Shot-2019-07-01-at-5.41.35-PM.png
I was joking bc SC underperforms

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom