OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sounds like something our great leader would tweet

Leach is definitely a Trump supporters (as are the vast majority of CFB coaches). A couple of months back he posted some Hillary Clinton/Obama conspiracy theory stuff

Crazy that USC has top 5 talent on their roster.

Is it really though? They're the biggest fish in one of the top 3 talent producing states in the country, at least numerically

yeah, it shouldn't be that surprising but it still is. I would expect them to have top 15 talent, not top five talent. The mismatch between production and talent is jarring (although last year's Florida State team is high up there as well). It might actually be worse in USCs case because they are far and away the most talented team in a mediocre conference and they're still barely making bowl games.

Like dacomeup dacomeup mentioned, it may be that some West coast players are overrated as prospects but it's all so terrible development and also holes in key areas.

Last edited:
Feel like so many Cali kids are overrated during the recruiting process too.
this is true. For every great Cali player that pans out, 5 flame out.

I thought the 2019 Cali class was very good, but this 2020 Cali class looks "GREAT", maybe one of the best I've ever seen. But we will see if they pan out.

I can't even assess the offensive talent based of off Saturday's game cause of how terrible Mullen's playcalling was and how poor Franks played in general. They didn't try to run the ball enough or distribute to the playmakers. There's a lot of room to improve from that standpoint. Defense was solid besides a couple bone headed plays and piss poor tacking. After having heart palpitations at the game I've calmed down a bit, we'll be fine.

Feel like so many Cali kids are overrated during the recruiting process too.

Depends on the position. Cali d linemen and linebackers are overrated a lot, but their WRs and skill players are usually accurate. Could argue their O linemen are often underrated since none of them come out of HS weighing 300+ the way they do in the south so they’re all rated 3 stars.

Leach is definitely a Trump supporters (as are the vast majority of CFB coaches). A couple of months back he posted some Hillary Clinton/Obama conspiracy theory stuff

Mike Leach is vocally and proudly a Trumper.

62abda57136335e34e0fdd236524cd7f_crop_exact.jpg

I think he’s of the opinion that he’s apolitical and just likes Trump’s “style” — like Kanye would say — whatever the **** that means.

Crazy that USC has top 5 talent on their roster.

And is about to go 7-5 or 6-6

I can't even assess the offensive talent based of off Saturday's game cause of how terrible Mullen's playcalling was and how poor Franks played in general. They didn't try to run the ball enough or distribute to the playmakers. There's a lot of room to improve from that standpoint. Defense was solid besides a couple bone headed plays and piss poor tacking. After having heart palpitations at the game I've calmed down a bit, we'll be fine.

Depends on what your definition of fine is. Y'all are going 8-4. Initially, I thought you guys might take a step because I bought into the Franks hype but all I saw was the same old Felipe. He'll make an amazing pass and then make a boneheaded interception immediately afterwards.

Also, you guys had 52 net rushing yards. Good luck with that against teams with good defensive fronts like Georgia, LSU, Auburn. Imagine if you guys played a team with and experienced quarterback an a decent offensive line like Missouri or South.

Depends on what your definition of fine is. Y'all are going 8-4. Initially, I thought you guys might take a step because I bought into the Franks hype but all I saw was the same old Felipe. He'll make an amazing pass and then make a boneheaded interception immediately afterwards.

Also, you guys had 52 net rushing yards. Good luck with that against teams with good defensive fronts like Georgia, LSU, Auburn. Imagine if you guys played a team with and experienced quarterback an a decent offensive line like Missouri or South.

I agree we are definitely going to not improve at all from week 0. :rolleyes

IMG_20190826_085401.jpg

Miami had double agents out there

yeah, it shouldn't be that surprising but it still is. I would expect them to have top 15 talent, not top five talent. The mismatch between production and talent is jarring (although last year's Florida State team is high up there as well). It might actually be worse in USCs case because they are far and away the most talented team in a mediocre conference and they're still barely making bowl games.

Like dacomeup dacomeup mentioned, it may be that some West coast players are overrated as prospects but it's all so terrible development and also holes in key areas.

Ehhh
1. USC has atrocious line talent compared to those other teams
2. that USC number doesn’t factor in that they basically lost their entire 2016 class to legal/academic issues and so a lot of that average rating is young talent.
3. It’s also based on 247’s composite which as dacomeup dacomeup pointed out, while probably better than rivals and ESPN, is still skewed. They’re honestly not that far ahead of Washington or Oregon in terms of overall talent at this point.

In the years that USC has overwhelming talent on their roster they won the Rose Bowl and the conference and beat PSU and UT. Last year when that talent was all freshmen, they lost to everyone because the coaching wasn’t up to snuff.

They’re still a team that’s had <10 wins I think only 3 times in the past decade.

I agree we are definitely going to not improve at all from week 0. :rolleyes

I think you guys will improve, I just don't think you guys will improve enough to beat the 3 or 4 teams on your schedule that are more talented, more disciplined and just better than you guys. I could be wrong and you guys could improve greatly over the course of the season but as of now I just don't see it. Florida Twitter with them a lot of taking over the off-season.

My big take away from this game is that feleipe Franks is who he is and I don't see him making this big leap and being a dark horse Heisman guy. You're just going to have to take the good with the bad with him. It's kind of sad because Florida really does have a great receiving Corps but with Franks and that questionable offensive line I'm not sure if florida is going to be able to take advantage of them. I'm surprised we didn't see any packages for Emory Jones.

MVP MVP what was the word coming out of Camp about Jones, is he still progressing? Did he push Frank's at all in camp?

Last edited:
I thought UF was vastly overrated from the jump, so I can't say that I'm shocked, but I would definitely be worried if I were them. They looked like that against a frosh QB with two frosh tackles and a HC in his first game. Think those WRs are getting a lot of hype for no reason. Production doesn't match the hype, and it showed saturday. Franks + that OL limits the offense a lot too. Lot of quick passes and couldn't establish the run either.

On the other hand, UF got a lot better over the course of the season last year.

Also, CJ Henderson was out there making a LOT of business decisions.

Why am I watching this Hawaii vs. Zona replay? :lol:
Arizona fans are already revolting against Sumlin. Players parents are *****ing to their 247 mods that they don't believe in Sumlin or what he's put around their kids.

Openly wishing for Rich Rod to come back because at least he cared. :lol: :lol:

dacomeup dacomeup i don’t know that the tv broadcast did justice to how terrible the playcalling was. The receivers weren’t running routes deeper than 10 yards all game, and then that designed QB keeper on 3rd and 8 from around the 15. Mullen came into the game planning to go up 14 or 17-0 and then bunker down with the defense. The UF receivers weren’t really given an opportunity to do anything.

MVP MVP would you agree?

Arizona fans are already revolting against Sumlin. Players parents are *****ing to their 247 mods that they don't believe in Sumlin or what he's put around their kids.

Openly wishing for Rich Rod to come back because at least he cared. :lol: :lol:

During a show two of the SC and UCLA mods do, they were asked by a fan to rank the Pac12 coaches and talk about them a little bit. The UCLA mod laughed and said honestly there are things we and the Arizona guys would like to say about Sumlin, except a lot of it is the same things we would have said about Sark and wouldn’t really be allowed to. The SC mod laughed and was like “yeah there are definitely some similarities there.”

Back
Top Bottom