OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn, witnesskb24 witnesskb24 Bama flipping Cincy kids from OSU? Just found out my boy who played in the league actually trains that kid. Saw he's Shaun Alexander's first cousin too.

atlsfinest atlsfinest you really gonna let your boards claim that Ceyair Wright is trending away from UGA because of grades and character? :lol:

I haven't heard about this but nothing surprises me at this stage. This kid lives in California and we've been in a recruiting dead period since March, what do you expect? This is going to be a wacky recruiting cycle for a lot schools. I do think that things will pick-up once/if visits are allowed in the Fall

I haven't heard about this but nothing surprises me at this stage. This kid lives in California and we've been in a recruiting dead period since March, what do you expect? This is going to be a wacky recruiting cycle for a lot schools. I do think that things will pick-up once/if visits are allowed in the Fall

Lol I saw somewhere that he’s an almost straight A student, and as for character, he’s playing young Lebron in Space Jam 2 :lol:

I kinda think I'm at a point I'd be shocked if we have a football season and I'd be shocked if these kids were allowed to take official visits before end of year.

It's going to be a really bizarre recruiting season and then watching this class flesh itself out over 3-4 years will be insanity.

I kinda think I'm at a point I'd be shocked if we have a football season and I'd be shocked if these kids were allowed to take official visits before end of year.

It's going to be a really bizarre recruiting season and then watching this class flesh itself out over 3-4 years will be insanity.

Some places won't have HS football this season, many of the big camps will be canceled as well. Recruiting and evaluation will be even harder this cycle. If players can't take visits in the fall, we're in for the wackiest cycle yet. Also keep in mind that the one-time transfer rule is likely going into affect next year too. Kids who might not have visits this season will commit to schools and then bounce immediately after getting on campus. COVID will have ripple effects for years to come.

Most likely had a conversation with a sophomore while visiting a school given the timing and punishment

Yea, I’m leaning towards no football right now as well. Crazy thing is that these states all shot themselves in the foot big time. Would argue that some of these kids are actually safer on campus as well (if no other students are on campus), but kids playing for free in the middle of a pandemic for my entertainment is not something that I’m going to advocate for.

Yea, I’m leaning towards no football right now as well. Crazy thing is that these states all shot themselves in the foot big time. Would argue that some of these kids are actually safer on campus as well (if no other students are on campus), but kids playing for free in the middle of a pandemic for my entertainment is not something that I’m going to advocate for.

The hard part about this is making sure that all the conferences are on the same page. They're 100% playing football 'in da souf'. Even if its a conference-only schedule with 25% capacity. There will be SEC football. But what about other (probably smarter) conferences going to do? What about visits for recruits?

The hard part about this is making sure that all the conferences are on the same page. They're 100% playing football 'in da souf'. Even if its a conference-only schedule with 25% capacity. There will be SEC football. But what about other (probably smarter) conferences going to do? What about visits for recruits?
As the pandemic continues into the fall, I expect that visits will not be permitted by the NCAA. Would love to be wrong though. If you have kids attending school remotely and stadiums empty, then why the hell would you let high school kids fly all around the country to visit? I believed that there would be football regardless until I saw states like Florida and Texas become hotspots. Now, I'm not so sure that I see this as realistic.

What's this about?

Here's some info from A&M.

Summary and details of the three violations
-In seven of 21 weeks in the spring and summer of 2018, the football program unintentionally required football student-athletes to exceed the allowable Countable Athletically Related Activities (CARA) hours by asking student-athletes to arrive early for practices. While the overall maximum number of CARA hours permitted was not exceeded in 2018, during a seven-week period, CARA hour maximums were exceeded. The CARA hour overages during those seven weeks ranged from 13 minutes one week to two hours during another week, totaling seven hours of impermissible activity time over the total seven-week period. The NCAA has designated this a Level III violation.
-In January 2019, an unintentional, yet impermissible recruiting contact occurred when Coach Jimbo Fisher and former assistant coach Jay Graham were present in the office area of a high school coach and communicated with a prospective student-athlete, violating NCAA bylaws and resulting in a Level II violation.
-Because of his involvement in the Level II recruiting violation, Coach Fisher was found to have violated the principle of head coach control, which requires him to properly create a culture of compliance and properly monitor himself and his staff. This is a Level II violation.

https://12thman.com/sports/2020/7/2...iated-resolution-with-texas-am-athletics.aspx

Lol at "only 25% capacity." :lol: You're not listening.

Florida, Alabama and Texas may be in states of emergency come August/September. The governors and schools may not WANT to close but eventually, if things stay the course, they won't have a choice.

The SEC is not going to play if all the other conferences shut down. Especially if things get worse and that region is about to become the global epicenter of the disease. It'd be unconscionable. No ****ty waiver document will save them from those lawsuits either. I'm not saying the other conferences will definitely shut down, but if they do, so will the SEC.

75% of the decision was due to Junior Film

What a joke. I wouldn't be going to this if I were a big time QB. Whats the point?
It's weird because what Trent says goes against what most camps are about. You're trying to find out how these guys compete when going against the best. You're not trying to find out the best player at that position by taking a holistic approach, you're trying to find out who the best guy is in the moment.

This thought process is made even crazier when you consider the fact that many of these guys weren't full-time starters their entire junior years. Guys like Caleb came in with a huge advantage when it comes to winning MVP.

Last edited:
It's weird because what Trent says goes against what most camps are about. You're trying to find out how these guys compete when going against the best. You're not trying to find out the best player that position by taking a holistic approach, you're trying to find out who the best guy is in the moment.

247 provided their assessment based purely on the camp, take it for what you will.

They don't even rank the "bottom" 9-10 kids?

This reminds me of this article about how black assistant coaches are always the ones to get hung up to dry during recruiting scandals

Last edited:
I’m glad ESPN is showing all these classic games but they can quit with the Clemson beating Ohio state BS :smh:

Back
Top Bottom