OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In 2007 KU got to #2, which was the highest ranking ever in school history.

KU is kicking off the 'Rona season at 9PM CT on Fox. No way in hell I would pay $55 bucks for that OU game. Sadly I'm sure there will be a demand though.

In 2007 KU got to #2, which was the highest ranking ever in school history.

KU is kicking off the 'Rona season at 9PM CT on Fox. No way in hell I would pay $55 bucks for that OU game. Sadly I'm sure there will be a demand though.

It's just supply and demand. What stadium capacity at 25%, you better believe Oklahoma fans will fork over big bucks to watch them play

Kind of weird that he would transfer, not play a game and then sit out but good luck to him.
The reports from the first scrimmage were that Jamie and JT got first-team reps and they both played pretty well. Maybe he didn't like the fact that he was splitting reps? Maybe he didn't think he was winning the QB race? Or maybe an agent got in his ear.
Like I've been saying, if I had any type of NFL future I would probably opt out this season as well. JT Daniels, I guess you're our guy

Last edited:
I thought I read on the UGA board that none of the QBs looked great in that scrimmage?...

Reactions: MVP
Kind of weird that he would transfer, not play a game and then sit out but good luck to him.
The reports from the first scrimmage were that Jamie and JT got first-team reps and they both played pretty well. Maybe he didn't like the fact that he was splitting reps? Maybe he didn't think he was winning the QB race? Or maybe an agent got in his ear.
Like I've been saying, if I had any type of NFL future I would probably opt out this season as well. JT Daniels, I guess you're our guy

Told you.

someone concerned about Covid is still weird to you?

It says a lot that he's bouncing. I dont think he's a lock for a high draft pick so sitting out is risky. Sounds like he's using his brain with this decision.

This one feels like he’s getting out in front of being beat for the starting job...

If he wanted to just go to the NFL he could’ve 8 months ago.

It says a lot that he's bouncing. I dont think he's a lock for a high draft pick so sitting out is risky. Sounds like he's using his brain with this decision.
Is he worse off draft-wise if he doesn't opt out and ends up sitting behind JT?

Not at all. I literally said "if I had any type of NFL future I would probably opt out this season as well." It's probably not a coincidence that he opts out right after UGA has a huge spike in COVID cases

Avoiding COVID and It's implications are a big factor. Players will likely need to live in a pseudo bubble, get tested constantly, may not be able to see friends and family throughout the season and on top of all that, there's the actual risk of getting COVID and that impacting your healthy. I can totally imagine agents getting in these guys' ears saying "Why deal with all that crap? I can advance you $500,000. Just sign with me and start training for the draft." It's not a hard sell. Regardless, good luck to the kid

Last edited:
I thought I read on the UGA board that none of the QBs looked great in that scrimmage?...

From what I read, they split reps (along with Dwan Mathis) and both Jamie and JT had their moments. Neither really seperated themselves. There was some message board talk that JT was winning the QB battle but nothing solid.

Transferring in and getting beat out by another guy who transferred because he got beat out by another guy can’t be a good thing :lol:.

I read that he hadn’t been looking great on the UGA board. He’s definitely getting out ahead of this one and trying to control the narrative.

These agents tryna get everybody to opt out right now. Not even first round draft locks. Throwing straight cash at them.

That he was recruited over, that JT would be cleared in time for fall, and that JT would be UGA's starter.

A tale, in 3 parts.

Epilogue: That Kirby is shady.

How does this make Kirby shady? Jamie Newman was supposed to be the guy in 2020 and JT Daniels was supposed to be the guy in 2021. When JT transferred here, we didn't know if he would be medically cleared (which he still hasn't been) or get a waiver. We weren't trying to recruit over Jamie Newman.

Regardless, Jamie Newman enrolled in January and JT Daniels didn't get here until June, Newman had a 6-month jump on him. If Jamie Newman is the QB we thought he was, he should be able to beat out a one-legged JT Daniels. Not saying that was the case but this narrative that we brought JT Daniels in to take Jamie Newman's job is laughable

How does this make Kirby shady? Jamie Newman was supposed to be the guy in 2020 and JT Daniels was supposed to be the guy in 2021. When JT transferred here, we didn't know if he would be medically cleared (which he still hasn't been) or get a waiver. We weren't trying to recruit over Jamie Newman.

Regardless, Jamie Newman enrolled in January and JT Daniels didn't get here until June, Newman had a 6-month jump on him. If Jamie Newman is the QB we thought he was, he should be able to beat out a one-legged JT Daniels. Not saying that was the case but this narrative that we brought JT Daniels in to take Jamie Newman's job is laughable
I hear you, but I can tell you JT transferred to UGA under the promise he would get a fair shot at starting. Kirby started recruiting him AFTER signing Jamie Newman and having him on campus for 3-4 months, so read between the lines there.

As for the waiver, we knew he was getting it. the second he entered the portal, he was guaranteed a waiver to anywhere but UCLA and Oregon. He'll also be cleared to play. He was always supposed to be back for contact by late August. If anything, the fact he was throwing at SC by the Spring and is doing what he's doing now, albeit limited, was ahead of schedule.

Maddox Kopp to UH. Sorry Nako (wasn’t this the guy you were saying could potentially be USC’s 2nd QB in the class?)

Maddox Kopp to UH. Sorry Nako (wasn’t this the guy you were saying could potentially be USC’s 2nd QB in the class?)
Yeah. Sounds like he didn't have a commitable offer with Garcia still on board and 2 solid QB commits for now.

Back
Top Bottom