OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The NCAA doesn't make a lick of sense :lol::lol:
the crappy part is that they don't have to provide justification for their decisions

The justification is they’d open themselves up to a massive lawsuits after his allegations of what went down at UF. Florida wasn’t trying to block it either.

The justification is they’d open themselves up to a massive lawsuits after his allegations of what went down at UF. Florida wasn’t trying to block it either.
Yea, that one is an open and shut case. Similar to Tate with OSU. What is Bru's case?

Yeah I don’t see a realistic path for Bru being eligible and he’s told people he expects to sit.

Yea, that one is an open and shut case. Similar to Tate with OSU. What is Bru's case?

I'm not sure what Bru's SC waiver claim is going to be based on. Texas was going to have him claim that Kliff Kingsbury misled him into believing that he'd be his OC and then bolted after early signing day. (UT hesitated filing that though bc they'd stayed in contact with him even after he signed and USC was ready to file a tampering complaint - UT was relaying messages to him through DeGabriel Floyd and that 247 writer.)

The only thing he can really say now is he originally signed w/USC so he should be allowed to play there on the scholarship/LOI he signed in December. He only attended UT for Spring semester, so maybe they can loophole it as it’s the equivalent of taking extra classes abroad or at another qualifying school like other students and non revenue student athletes are allowed to; and if they’re classes USC maybe doesn’t offer then... *shrug* I don’t know.

Is “Tom Herman’s a douche” enough for a waiver these days?

————

langfor5 langfor5

N41D N41D what happened to this dude? Reading SC and UT cooled on/dropped him over the course of the summer.

The only thing that happened is he's not that good. :lol: :lol: He's got a ton of reported offers but nobody ever really pursued him.

UT never pushed that hard. A&M offered and then literally never talked to him again. As bad as the state has been at producing linebackers, he couldn't get a sniff from either. Even TCU didn't pursue - which is weird and telling. Their read on LBs is usually right.

There's a lot of concern apparently that he's a big kid bullying Dallas private school kids and that his lack of athleticism got exposed in every big-time camp environment he went to.

nako xl nako xl huge get for Les and the program. That was an Emmett Jones kid. I had somebody from Texas Tech tell me that Jones is the real deal when it comes to recruiting.
I will say that I have heard rumors that several schools backed off of recruiting him but can't get a reasoning for why. Also Scott mentioned that he would still be taking 'visits' in the Fall. With his commitment being non binding and the earliest he could sign would be December the jury is still out if he actually makes it official with KU.

choking a tutor? How does that even get to that point?

It seemed super random. He’d forgotten his jacket in another room and the tutor told him to leave his phone and make sure he comes back (because he kept dipping 15 mins into tutoring sessions) so he choked her until she let him take the phone. Then came back and behaved like nothing happened.

I think they said dude had other incidents too?

Multiple incidents. And supposedly being investigated right now for a Title IX claim involving Derek Mason's(Vandy's HC) daughter, who is a student athlete at UF. Crazy.

Georgia opens up SEC play @ Bama next season. Assuming Fromm goes pro, it'll likely be a freshman starting their first road game. Lord help us :lol:

A&M's 2020 slate is as easy a slate as they're probably ever going to get in making a run at the SEC championship game/playoffs.

Only thing that would've been beneficial is probably having Bama early in the year with all the turnover they're going to have.

That's been the year Jimbo's been circling since he got there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 2.27.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 2.27.38 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Chip Patterson: “Kirby Smart’s first 3 years at Georgia are identical to Mark Richt’s and he has to prove he can do it with his guys and not Richt’s. He wasn’t part of that Roquan Smith recruiting pitch.”

Lmaooo

Jack Del Rio was observing USC practice yesterday. Was notably sitting and hanging with Dave Campo who is a defensive analyst with the team.

Chip Patterson: “Kirby Smart’s first 3 years at Georgia are identical to Mark Richt’s and he has to prove he can do it with his guys and not Richt’s. He wasn’t part of that Roquan Smith recruiting pitch.”

giphy.gif

We'll see

Back
Top Bottom