OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Add Syracuse and Northwestern to that list.

Would you have Nebraska over NW? IMO it's Wiscy and Iowa in the West this year with Purdue, NW, Neb, and Minn battling for third place.

NW might have the highest upside of that group if Hunter Johnson is really a 5* guy.

Would you have Nebraska over NW? IMO it's Wiscy and Iowa in the West this year with Purdue, NW, Neb, and Minn battling for third place.

NW might have the highest upside of that group if Hunter Johnson is really a 5* guy.

I keep hearing great things about Nebraska’s offseason but I just don’t know that they have the talent. At the same time though part of me keeps wondering why everyone assumes Wisconsin will be good just because they’re Wisconsin. It’s like Stanford. They get preseason benefit of the doubt every year regardless of turnover.

Why would he get a ring or want one? He left the team

I don’t know that Kelly wants a ring, I think this game up during ESPN’s stop at Clemson last week. Dabo told/urged Kelly to transfer after the 4 games. It wasn’t so much him quitting as it was Dabo telling him he wouldn’t be starting anymore and that he should leave if he wants to preserve his eligibility.

Remember how many people praised good guy Dabo last season for white fanging Kelly and doing what was in the players best interest and not dragging it out? Welp. Lol.

Why would he get a ring or want one? He left the team
:lol: Right.

Whether he left on his own or it was suggested he look for other opportunities, he wasn't suiting up or practicing with the team a month into the year.

nako xl nako xl

Nebraska's O should be good but their D is still going to be trash which is their problem. Wiscky should more or less be the same team they were last year, which is why I'm picking Iowa to win the West. Easier schedule and better QB.

I don't think Dabo urged him to transfer but told him his decision and let Kelly decide for himself.

I still think Dabo deserves some praise given that most guys would have dragged it out a bit longer with what was behind Lawrence, but considering that Kelly contributed in 4 games and left the program in good standing, and realistically made the only choice he could have, I think he deserves a ring.

I thought he was talking about the video in general. :lol: Dude definitely didn't deserve a ring after leaving the team early in the season. I know that NBA teams give guys who get traded or what not rings though.

I mean, KB wasn't on the team when they won no? I fail to see the issue w/ him not getting a ring

I don't have an issue with it because I don't think KB cares.

But he did start and win 4 games for them, including @ TAMU where the team overall was pretty underwhelming and he led them in passing and rushing. I don't know that they win that game without him. Especially with a week 2 Trevor Lawrence. But "he wasn't on the team doe" *shrug*

Players who redshirt and never suit up for teams then transfer still get rings. "He wasn't here" is a stupid standard to set. Just say, "Nah we don't fuks with him like that."

Dabo having the nerve to be self righteous while punishing a player - who practiced with the team and won him games for years - for making a business decision after HE made one with Lawrence even though Kelly was basically undefeated in the regular season as a starter, is the chief reason people ****ing hate him.

How much would it have cost them to send him a ring? Seriously? What's the PR/messaging reasoning behind not doing so then publicly talking about it even though Kelly has not?

Last edited:
upload_2019-8-8_12-25-29.png

Not surprised that Herbie is a Clay Travis guy.

Herbie's a rich old (50) white guy from middle Ohio. He's also a football guy. Him being center-right to far-right shouldn't be a surprise at all.

nako xl nako xl Bru ain't gonna play this year.

I wasn't planning on posting an update this morning on Bru McCoy, as I was very reluctant to check with his father on the situation. But I called to check on his NCAA waiver status Wednesday night after the fake news post on Twitter.

Bru has been dealing with a low-grade fever for about seven weeks now. At one point he was even isolated from the team, because USC wanted to be sure he wasn't contagious.

He's not laid up or anything like that, he hasn't lost any weight and he's doing everything with the team except practicing. His fever gets to about 101 degrees each day, some times a bit lower.

At one time there was a genuine fear his condition could be caused by something serious like blood cancer, but his white blood cell count isn't anywhere near it would be if that was causing his fever. So that's been ruled out.

Doctors believe they finally figured out its some kind of virus and he's currently being treated accordingly. It's a two week regimen and he's required to not do much physically while taking the meds. It's also best if he's not out in the sun/heat, so when we see Bru at practice next, that will be a very good sign.

Just wanted to post an update and perhaps end any speculation. He also just submitted his waiver request this week or will today or tomorrow. His father wasn't 100% sure as worrying about that outcome pales in comparison to Bru getting well.

nako xl nako xl Bru ain't gonna play this year.

I wasn't planning on posting an update this morning on Bru McCoy, as I was very reluctant to check with his father on the situation. But I called to check on his NCAA waiver status Wednesday night after the fake news post on Twitter.

Bru has been dealing with a low-grade fever for about seven weeks now. At one point he was even isolated from the team, because USC wanted to be sure he wasn't contagious.

He's not laid up or anything like that, he hasn't lost any weight and he's doing everything with the team except practicing. His fever gets to about 101 degrees each day, some times a bit lower.

At one time there was a genuine fear his condition could be caused by something serious like blood cancer, but his white blood cell count isn't anywhere near it would be if that was causing his fever. So that's been ruled out.

Doctors believe they finally figured out its some kind of virus and he's currently being treated accordingly. It's a two week regimen and he's required to not do much physically while taking the meds. It's also best if he's not out in the sun/heat, so when we see Bru at practice next, that will be a very good sign.

Just wanted to post an update and perhaps end any speculation. He also just submitted his waiver request this week or will today or tomorrow. His father wasn't 100% sure as worrying about that outcome pales in comparison to Bru getting well.

Yeah I knew about the fever. For a while there was thought it was mono. Since he’s basically had the flu for months.

I don’t expect his waiver to get granted but who knows. I think he was at 2 player run practices then the team staff held him out due to the illness.

he absolutely should not get a waiver. Would be BS if he does

Stop hating old ninja.

Side note: your guy Abdul Malik McClain and his brother Munir are having great camps.

Olaijah’s been the defensive standout so far. 4 picks in 5 practices.

Stop hating old ninja.

Side note: your guy Abdul Malik McClain and his brother Munir are having great camps.

Olaijah’s been the defensive standout so far. 4 picks in 5 practices.
How am I hating? There should be rules followed. If they are gonna not grant waivers for kids who want to transfer back because of a sick family member, Bru should not be granted one because he missed home and made a mistake. He has no case.

He should sit.

Hearing Abdul Malik is actually not doing all that great. His technique has been awful and he's still a year away.

OG has been absolutely surprising to me. I had him as overrated. We'll see when the season starts. Steele is getting treated like a freshmen though. Struggling a little but he's going up against some good receivers so thats to be expected.

Back
Top Bottom