OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Boston won it would have been a harder path towards the Finals MVP for Bron.

AD would have probably feasted

Laker fans greedy af. They want zero challenge. Everything handed to them.

Earned not given. We don't want or need anything but banners raised, don't care how it is. Whatever makes y'alls tears flow the most and with the most amount of sodium is just a bonus.

Super team is on deck though after next season. Just a matter of who is going to take the opportunity. Not just for the Lakers either, multiple teams in position.

Last edited:
Three series down in 4-1 victories, an entire regular season where they played at the same level & somehow there's still the narrative that the Lakers can't trust anyone outside of AD or Lebron.... Yet i'm hearing people put all their trust in Duncan Robinson, Tyler Herro, Jae Crowder & a 36 yr old iggy :lol: :lol: .

Dudes will stick with this narrative to the bitter end despite being clearly wrong. Forget all Rond & Dwight have accomplished in the playoffs in their career. THIS YEAR we've watched them come in & be pivotal in the Lakers winning games. Danny Green literally owns the record for threes in the finals.

I'm not saying we're the deepest team ever but it's utterly ridiculous that this narrative of the Lakers role players not being effective is cringe worthy

YALL wanted a man that just won a title the year before to go join Bron instead of forging his own path to greatness.

might as well have called him daddy

D1906C55-C5AC-4437-8760-FEB429275850.png

Bunch of goofies.

I think the media and fans are just starting to catch on to the type of person Kawhi Leonard truly is. For years, he cultivated this robotic, emotionless persona. In San Antonio he had a quiet, team first, heir apparent to Duncan vibe to him and people thought that's who he actually was when in fact he's as self-serving as any superstar in the league. He's not nearly as vocal publically as someone like LeBron but he's making just as many moves in the background and he's just as power-hungry.

Which = doing it the right way. He’s not loud and obnoxious. Everyone has narcissistic qualities. But he does it the right way. Behind clothes doors and in house. That ma has supreme confidence in himself. Again, he maneuvers the correct way

Three series down in 4-1 victories, an entire regular season where they played at the same level & somehow there's still the narrative that the Lakers can't trust anyone outside of AD or Lebron.... Yet i'm hearing people put all their trust in Duncan Robinson, Tyler Herro, Jae Crowder & a 36 yr old iggy :lol: :lol: .

Dudes will stick with this narrative to the bitter end despite being clearly wrong. Forget all Rond & Dwight have accomplished in the playoffs in their career. THIS YEAR we've watched them come in & be pivotal in the Lakers winning games. Danny Green literally owns the record for threes in the finals.

I'm not saying we're the deepest team ever but it's utterly ridiculous that this narrative of the Lakers role players not being effective is cringe worthy

Yeah, it's crazy that the Lakers keep on winning with the same formula yet people keep asking the same questions. I was listening to the ringer NBA podcast this morning and they're still asking the same questions over and over "who was the Lakers third guy? Who do you trust to score". The Lakers have the second best offense in the playoffs and LeBron is playing the fewest minutes of his playoff career and yet people are concerned about where we're getting the offense from. (This is also an ace in the hole the Lakers haven't had to use yet: LeBron hasn't been playing that many minutes but I think we'll see him play 40 mpg+ in the Finals if we need it)

"The Lakers have the best two players in the series but the heat have 3 through 7".

That's been said every round of the playoffs. That was the case with Portland, Houston and Denver yet the Lakers keep winning convincingly. The Lakers don't have a third guy but they have role players who play the role well and play defense.

Kobe and Shaq won championships with the exact same model: two top five players and a bunch of role players. I've never understood why the Lakers needed a third guy to drop 20 every night.

20200929_092647.jpg

No excuse since they are putting logos on virtually for TV. Or even simpler just paint the big trophy on the hardwood like they do the regular logo. Just laziness on the NBA's part.

The logo extends to the 3PT line :stoneface:

Again. With all this technology and newfangled graphic designing, the NFL and NBA come up with piss poor logos, jersey’s, sneakers, etc

Yeah, it's crazy that the Lakers keep on winning with the same formula yet people keep asking the same questions. I was listening to the ringer NBA podcast this morning and they're still asking the same questions over and over "who was the Lakers third guy? Who do you trust to score". The Lakers have the second best offense in the playoffs and LeBron is playing the fewest minutes of his playoff career and yet people are concerned about where we're getting the offense from. (This is also an ace in the hole the Lakers haven't had to use yet: LeBron hasn't been playing that many minutes but I think we'll see him play 40 mpg+ in the Finals if we need it)

"The Lakers have the best two players in the series but the heat have 3 through 7".

That's been said every round of the playoffs. That was the case with Portland, Houston and Denver yet the Lakers keep winning convincingly. The Lakers don't have a third guy but they have role players who play the role well and play defense.

Kobe and Shaq won championships with the exact same model: two top five players and a bunch of role players. I've never understood why the Lakers needed a third guy to drop 20 every night.

Yeah, it’s silly. It doesn’t really matter who exactly it is, they just need to get something out of some combination of KCP, Green, Kuzma, Caruso, Rondo and they’re good. And that’s what’s been happening all playoffs.

I guess that Shaq teammate thing is pretty remarkable, but the guy did play for 7 different NBA teams over 18 years in the league. Think it’s more a testament to his ring chasing over his last 4 years more so than anything else. :lol: But it’s cool.

Well, Shaq and Kobe and the Lakers did need a 3rd guy against the Kings some decades ago, his name was Tim Donaghy.

Yeah, it’s silly. It doesn’t really matter who exactly it is, they just need to get something out of some combination of KCP, Green, Kuzma, Caruso, Rondo and they’re good. And that’s what’s been happening all playoffs.
They are good, the biggest concern though is if those 3 point threats that the Heat have starts firing consistently. Percentage wise, the Heats efficiency is higher than the Lakers. The Lakers may be able to match the Heats tenacity but they would need some really good nights to beat the Heat. I believe the Heat has it to beat the Lakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom