OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to take this time to put some respect on Jimmy Butlers name. This is a guy that had the misfortune of playing for three completely dysfunctional organizations. So many people thought this man was toxic, when all he wanted to do was hoop at a high level.

And now look at him, one year removed from 8 years of toxicity, he’s in the Finals with a marquee franchise. He’s got an opportunity to put his name on history. Props to that man forreal.:pimp:

Untitled.jpg

Everyone wants it to be like 2011, but getting 2009 Finals vibes.

Defensively they match up real well, me thinks alot of it will depend on how Dragic plays.

I think so as well. I've got the Lakers in five. It's funny to me, the Lakers are heavy favorites but I still see a lot of analysts and medium members picking the Heat but also admitting the Lakers are probably the better team. It reminds me of the Portland series where The Blazers became the trendy pick to upset the Lakers. People are trying to convince themselves that the heat are better than the Lakers.

I got the Lakers in 6. I do not think Bron will allow himself to lose to a human male that listens to country music.

Spoelstra should have this in the bag right? He should know exactly what needs to be done to make LeBramba ineffective...

I think the media and fans are just starting to catch on to the type of person Kawhi Leonard truly is. For years, he cultivated this robotic, emotionless persona. In San Antonio he had a quiet, team first, heir apparent to Duncan vibe to him and people thought that's who he actually was when in fact he's as self-serving as any superstar in the league. He's not nearly as vocal publically as someone like LeBron but he's making just as many moves in the background and he's just as power-hungry.

I think the media and fans are just starting to catch on to the type of person Kawhi Leonard truly is. For years, he cultivated this robotic, emotionless persona. In San Antonio he had a quiet, team first, heir apparent to Duncan vibe to him and people thought that's who he actually was when in fact he's as self-serving as any superstar in the league. He's not nearly as vocal publically as someone like LeBron but he's making just as many moves in the background and he's just as power-hungry.
I don't think he's necessarily cultivated/crafted that image for show tbh, think that's just how he is irl :lol:

I agree though that he's proven to be just as carefully calculated, pragmatic and at times cutthroat behind the scenes as any other superstar but because he doesn't say much publicly, leaves that to his uncle/camp more often than not, some folks just assume he's a automated robot that's preprogrammed or something :lol:

He's def got some machiavellian tendencies in him as evidenced by the way he played the Lakers like a fiddle last year. Big reason why I could easily see him ditching the Clips next year based on how things play out next season

Clippers have a tiny window with those contracts. Might as well go full 2k mode and trade for Wall and Beal.

I’m not mad at Kawhi. The window is tight. Mistakes were made. Adjustments weren’t. Milwaukee should have done the same thing.

stakes is high.
Clippers have a tiny window with those contracts. Might as well go full 2k mode and trade for Wall and Beal.

The Clippers need to get a coach with a backbone that will hold Kawhi and PG accountable. The same way Frank Vogel held his superstars accountable and got LeBron to buy into playing defense, the Clippers need someone who can get Kawhi to play 70+ games. It's obvious the chemistry wasn't there with him load managing and it's even more important to build that continuity with the new coach. If Kawhi cruises through the regular season next year, I can see things ending how they did this year

Is Kawhi Leonard physically unable to play heavy minutes throughout the regular season? Or his arthritic knees that bad or does he just not want to play?

Do you guys really think that Kawhi and PG would leave the clippers though? Let's say the Clippers fall short and lose in the WCF next season, Do you guys honestly think either of those guys would leave? They're already playing in their ideal location and the Clippers would be able to offer them more money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom