OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, don't set yourself up for heartbreak again.
After last season’s debacle I didn’t know if I could continue :lol:

374D3449-0994-4EA1-832D-06E4562BB628.gif

Rockets defense looking like 2018 again. If they come close to that defense it’s nba finals time.

It’s better imo. James is way more engaged then he was in 2018.

The fact you got a comfortable win with Russ out and James having an ish night shooting is scary.

Try to follow along.

1. Philly is in the playoffs currently.
2. Philly is struggling to make this a series due to the personnel.
3. That personnel is what it is in large part due to their miscasting of their all Star Benjamin Simmons as a point guard.
4. In his absence due to injury those roster misfits are being highlighted even more.
5. We are having a civil and candid discussion of what's going to happen immediately because of that (they're going out in the first rd after being touted as a contender to begin this season).
6. Tobias and Horford (also currently playing in the series) have 2 of the worst contracts in the league. It may behoove them to re-evaluate things going forward independently of anything in the draft.
7. Basically 76ers are in this position because of a mismatched roster and mediocre coach.

You sarcastically bringing up those ridiculous points doesn't do anything to dispel what's going on. So just so we're clear going forward since you're stubbornly going to die on this hill, game discussion only in this thread?
I am not dying on any hill, and what you just said has nothing to do with the question I asked an hour ago and you guys are still avoiding.

What is the discussion of trade packages involving Ben Simmons have to do with the game he's about to play? Where does the discussion of a Ben Simmons trade package belong? How does the discussion of Bens Simmons trade package belonging to thread discussing a game he's about to play?

I am not dying on any hill, and what you just said has nothing to do with the question I asked an hour ago and you guys are still avoiding.

What is the discussion of trade packages involving Ben Simmons have to do with the game he's about to play? Where does the discussion of a Ben Simmons trade package belong? How does the discussion of Bens Simmons trade package belonging to thread discussing a game he's about to play?

Maybe that's where you're lost. Simmons ain't even suiting up in this series. He's hurt. While the playoffs are going on with his team, they belong in here. Once they're done, the off-season thread.

I'm done with this though. You doing that thing that you're known for doing again.

You've now wasted 3 pages of this thread and a couple hours worth of discussion hell bent on being right.

This is juvenile at this point.
'I like them.'

Just say that.

amitt5504 amitt5504 , MVP MVP , and addict4sneakers addict4sneakers have also wasted 3 pages in the same exact discussion, and I'm not even sure you were there from the beginning when I had the audacity to dare move their posts, were you? But just jumping in, you like them. I get.

Perhaps you need to start an NBA ROSTER CONSTRUCTION THREAD then, because that talk certainly DOES NOT belong in the NBA Draft Thread.

Let us know what your silent majority thinks about that one.

my mans literally just laid it out for you in bullets. Do you need a PowerPoint?

Maybe that's where you're lost. Simmons ain't even suiting up in this series. He's hurt. While the playoffs are going on with his team, they belong in here. Once they're done, the off-season thread.

I'm done with this though. You doing that thing that you're known for doing again.
You are, too, bruh. Don't think you're not.

We're just not being disrespectful.

#progress

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
'I like them.'

Just say that.

amitt5504 amitt5504 , MVP MVP , and addict4sneakers addict4sneakers have also wasted 3 pages in the same exact discussion, and I'm not even sure you were there from the beginning when had the audacity to dare move their posts, were you? But just jumping in, you like them. I get.

Now the problem is here you're a "staff member" who seems to lack conviction in your actions.

When Meth comes around and makes one of these judgment calls, he says his peace in that post but he doesn't engage in senseless back and forth for pages on end.

Put your big panties next time and stand by the decision that you made. All this sucker commentary, "omg you don't know who else doesn't like these posts behind closed doors" stuff is corny. All this back and forth from you a staff member is juvenile.

my mans literally just laid it out for you in bullets. Do you need a PowerPoint?
His bullet points are just a lot of words for it belongs in here because hes a playoff member of a playoff team. That still doesn't satisfy why a trade scenario belongs in a discussion on the current playoffs.

Or maybe I did miss something. Are trades allowed during the playoffs now?

*puts on Ben Simmons jersey*

This all started based on a post about potentially moving Simmons for a package of player that would IMPROVE A TEAM CURRENTLY STRUGGLING IN THE PLAYOFFS. Struggles are based largely on Simmons position being a fake PG and how moved made to complement that decision has hamstrung the roster and magnified now that he’s hurt.

Conversation then evolved into what’s is Simmons true value. Again Simmons is on a team currently in the playoffs. Some said trade him, other said to fix the roster in order to maximize him to improve team success, for a team currently in the playoffs.

How that got confused for draft stuff, I have the slightest idea.

Put your big panties next time and stand by the decision that you made. All this sucker commentary, "omg you don't know who else doesn't like these posts behind closed doors" stuff is corny. All this back and forth from you a staff member is juvenile.
Actually, you're spot on.

I try to have discussions, to a fault. People don't like it, it goes left.

You're right. No sarcasm; you're just right.

darthska darthska really just be lost a lot of the times :lol:. Yo just gotta step back and listen, read, and try to understand.
I do.

At what point is it the responsibility of people who had actions taken on their post to step back, and try to understand, though? At no point, amirite? Because that definitely didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom