OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver is gonna act fast and he’s gonna encourage owners to act fast. I seriously think you’ll see results quick.

I’m wondering if they have to be out of the bubble by a certain time? Disney does need to open those resorts eventually. Seems more and more likely the season will be cancelled or at least quite a few packing bags and going home

I‘m sure they are currently slated to be out by a certain date but there is no way Disney would “kick out” the NBA as they try to conclude the 2019-2020 Season. Programming with networks, sold ad space and scheduling would be a concern, though.

Cancel the season.

I disagree. . As long as people legit think consequences could happen but they could salvage things with changing, they have a huge chance for change

look at Mississippi with the flag

also having mahomes and watson as the 2 QBs for that kickoff game is huge.. imagine both come out today and say we walk if things don’t happen, so they continue practicing but that clock is running

I seen someone say the NBA is doing more about these murderers than congress. Pretty ****in crazy.

That's because there's a status quo in America. Something tragic happens to a minority, usually a Black American, and the closet racists use anything from their past to justify the tragedy, and then the more liberal Americans have a moment of silence before forgetting about it forever. People got fed up with that **** and now they're demanding real change before moving on from this.

Nobody wanted to rock the boat in the past. Oh a Black man was killed? That's so sad. Let's wait for the court to punish the cops. Then nothing happened. Then another man was killed.Oh wow so tragic. Don't react tho. Let the courts decide. The justice system had its chance and it **** the bed. Time for the people to do the judging this time.

I'm sure this has been considered.

Agree and I think it is a good gamble by the players the league won’t do that. The league and owners want the season to finish. They’ve already lost a ton of money and have put a bunch of resources into the bubble, COVID testing, etc. They’d be much better off committing to something concrete on social justice to keep the bubble going than just pulling the plug. And the optics on that would be horrible. The NBA has already alienated the MAGA crowd by promoting BLM; it would be insane for them to now do something to piss off the demographic groups that support the league most.

This is not a strike though. The NBA players aren't refusing to work because they have a grievance against the NBA, but rather boycotting because they are protesting police injustice.

Although i understand what you mean, i find boycotting more fitting to their situation than strike.

shouldn't this be called a protest then? taking a stand/action to express anger/disapproval. it's too late to change it, and semantics shouldnt matter

I seen someone say the NBA is doing more about these murderers than the senate. Pretty ****in crazy.

fixed

this man’s desk is where stuff goes to die.. literally won’t even have hearings on shh

1598490468312.jpeg

This may lead to a new athlete renaissance. Where the athletes take the power away from the owners and general managers. Without the athletes, how are they gonna have any games?

If the NFL does anything like this, america might crumble to its knees

This is not a strike though. The NBA players aren't refusing to work because they have a grievance against the NBA, but rather boycotting because they are protesting police injustice.

Although i understand what you mean, i find boycotting more fitting to their situation than strike.

We're arguing semantics, but no, a strike does not have address grievances with your employer.

It’s funny as hell. I see all my coworkers doing research on fantasy football all the time but their might not even be a damn season. :lol:

lamar jackson or pat mahomes sitting out for social injustice would make the nfl implode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom