OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever the players plan is moving forward, main thing is to sway the billionaire owners who have an influence and say on the politicians and lawmakers in this country who can do what’s necessary to hold these pigs accountable. If ****ing with their nba tv deal money and potential fans in the crowd next season money is what it needs to take. So be it.

All the symbolic gestures like phrases on the jerseys and stuff are cool. But none of that is going to get these MAGA idiots to stop being pieces of ****. Most of them don’t even watch the nba to begin with. They’re showing their asses in the comment sections of all the news posts regarding this. They need to be called out and put on the spot not only on social media, but in person and made uncomfortable to where there’s consequences for acting like a prick. As a white, fellow whites need to be on their *** consistently and not let their slick and disrespectful comments slide, doesn’t matter if it’s a friend or relative. They need to be put on the spot and violated to where they’re getting checked constantly for that smug dismissive attitude and sentiment.

they should hold out until legit changes are made and actions are taken

then get on the phone with nfl players and college football players in the SEC and Clemson and the big names trying push the big 10 schools

republicans got way too much to lose to just sit on there hands and let the dream/thought of football die

they can try with baseball and see how that goes.. don’t think bubba would have all that pull in nascar.. and don’t think enough golfers would be down

Man, social media is such a ****in toxic place. I'm so glad I dumped everything years ago. The few times a week I glance at twitter, you have straight up bums criticizing successful people. Like dudes who mop the floor at Panera will be trying to roast an athlete for making a statement about social justice.

Silver the GOAT commissioner? Love how the NBA is handling things under his watch, Stern might have done some of the same. However looking at other sports it isn't even close Silver is better than Goodell. Dude has been asleep at the wheel on so many occasions. If by some fluke the Cowboys were in the playoffs and players did what Bucks did. Jerry would cut them on the spot.

I see baseball games are still underway. :smh:

Except what happened today wasn't done in conjunction with the league or even with their knowledge that it was taking place. Silver has been great, but not giving him credit for this.

Silver the GOAT commissioner? Love how the NBA is handling things under his watch, Stern might have done some of the same. However looking at other sports it isn't even close Silver is better than Goodell. Dude has been asleep at the wheel on so many occasions. If by some fluke the Cowboys were in the playoffs and players did what Bucks did. Jerry would cut them on the spot.

I see baseball games are still underway. :smh:
STOP GIVING ADAM SILVER ANY CREDIT FOR THIS.

He didn’t nothing today. Nothing. At all.

Are they going to pay those NFL player salaries. Big difference between end of the bench NBA player salary then special teams NFL player salary. I’m all for it but that’s big hurdles for NFL

they should hold out until legit changes are made and actions are taken

then get on the phone with nfl players and college football players in the SEC and Clemson and the big names trying push the big 10 schools

republicans got way too much to lose to just sit on there hands and let the dream/thought of football die

they can try with baseball and see how that goes.. don’t think bubba would have all that pull in nascar.. and don’t think enough golfers would be down

NFL players boycotting would be huge. NCAA, some of these high profile coaches being vocal and active would be a big step. Everything happening right now is unprecedented. These dudes boycotting a playoff game is ballsy and courageous and shows the progress from 6 years ago when the clippers and warriors wore shirts inside out during warmups to protest Donald Sterling.

a lot is going to go down in these next few months. Especially between November 3rd and January if that orange pos loses and his supporters get even further unhinged than they already are.

When I would hear people say **** like "well the players can still speak about racism from the bubble". They gotta understand a lot of these dudes was out in their community around friends and family. it's more than just speaking up. In a time like this in black america men want to be around their families.

What are the chances Adam Silver and company cancel the season to control the narrative?
Kind of like beating the players to the punch.
If the answer coming out of their meeting is anything other than “we’re going to let our players decide the best path forward” it’s gonna look a little funny.

Man, social media is such a ****in toxic place. I'm so glad I dumped everything years ago. The few times a week I glance at twitter, you have straight up bums criticizing successful people. Like dudes who mop the floor at Panera will be trying to roast an athlete for making a statement about social justice.
Be careful! Let’s keep it about the shoes!

Was the expectation that a player base that’s only like 20% American - and most of which don’t even have permanent homes here - and largely not affected by what’s going on in the United States would boycott?

Well, I had at least hoped and expected they would. Apparently I expected too much.

I seen someone say the NBA is doing more about these murderers than congress. Pretty ****in crazy.

They are and it’s the hardest part for me to wrap my head around. The NBA players are legit doing what elected government officials should be doing. It’s why I’m a cautious skeptic because even though money talks it didn’t seem possible at first but here we are.

So it looks like for those with political power it’s going to come down to the influence NBA owners/corporate sponsors have over them vs. “party values” and upcoming elections.

boycott would be us not watching the games.

employees not working is a strike. Specifically a wildcat strike because it wasn't organized by the PA/union.

they just can't explicitly call it a strike cause of the CBA
This is not a strike though. The NBA players aren't refusing to work because they have a grievance against the NBA, but rather boycotting because they are protesting police injustice.

Although i understand what you mean, i find boycotting more fitting to their situation than strike.

NFL players boycotting would be huge. NCAA, some of these high profile coaches being vocal and active would be a big step. Everything happening right now is unprecedented. These dudes boycotting a playoff game is ballsy and courageous and shows the progress from 6 years ago when the clippers and warriors wore shirts inside out during warmups to protest Donald Sterling.

a lot is going to go down in these next few months. Especially between November 3rd and January if that orange pos loses and his supporters get even further unhinged than they already are.

I mean just imagine if dudes said we won’t play games until____________ happens

the nba guys could stay in the bubble and practice and all that for a bit and see what happens and start the wheels rolling on the other stuff

nfl starts in 2 weeks, they make the threat now that games won’t happen unless the above ____________ happens

college matters just because that hits certain areas.. Like if clemson players threaten to pull out then super duper hurts Lindsey Graham in a tight race with a black man

Chris Webber :nthat::nthat::nthat:

NBA players striking has made my day. Initially, I was short sighted when I saw they were considering this, but got happy as **** when I saw the bucks didn't take the floor. Would be dope as **** if we see guys taking their families and going home. I know everyone isn't in the position to do that so I'm not expecting it.

When I would hear people say **** like "well the players can still speak about racism from the bubble". They gotta understand a lot of these dudes was out in their community around friends and family. it's more than just speaking up. In a time like this in black america men want to be around their families.

while I agree.. I think this is their biggest platform to force shh to get done

election in November, high unemployment and economy going to shh.. and people need a distraction and ain’t a ton of it

dudes should stay in the bubble, least for now.. but I’d say as a group games ain’t happening until stuff is actually done AND let everyone know they’re getting on the phone with the nfl guys

now you would get all the nfl guys, but imagine that kickoff game in a couple days with mahomes and deshaun threatening not to be there

yo I’m being serious, is Twitter a cesspool of the scum of America or is Twitter just an accurate reflection of our country?

some of the **** I just read in the comments of the Bucks statement up there is disgusting

I’m wondering if they have to be out of the bubble by a certain time? Disney does need to open those resorts eventually. Seems more and more likely the season will be cancelled or at least quite a few packing bags and going home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom