OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mavs and Clippers fanbase is on the west coast. Magic fans on the east coast and they’re the least interesting team. Nothing to do with Luka.

It ain’t about race. The NBA tells you all you need to know, putting the Bucks on at 10am and 1pm and the Mavs On in the evenings.
i mean the bucks/magic are in the eastern conference while the mavs/clippers are in the west
why wouldnt you cater to their core fanbases ...?

Luka is more “relatable”

What's relatable about a 6'7 Slovenian who has been a pro athlete since he was a teenager.. Lets spell it out for them.

tenor.gif

the bubble calls for a whole different gameplan than any we’ve ever seen

But it is absolutely wrong to connect Luka being the face of the league to race, especially when they have pushed guys like MJ, Magic, Kobe, Shaq, LeBron, Steph and many others for years. It just so happens the next guy is a White/Euro. I just don’t think Giannis is as marketable of a player/personality. He can maybe expand on that in a bigger market.

But it is absolutely wrong to connect Luka being the face of the league to race, especially when they have pushed guys like MJ, Magic, Kobe, Shaq, LeBron, Steph and many others for years. It just so happens the next guy is a White/Euro. I just don’t think Giannis is as marketable of a player/personality. He can maybe expand on that in a bigger market.

Luka is nice af and he’s playing the clippers, one of the favorites to win it all. That’s a slam dunk in terms of marketing. Giannis is playing the magic, casual fans can’t name 2 players on that roster.

Giannis ranked #2 in jersey sales and has his own shoe while having an impossible last name to pronounce and plays in Milwaukee. Not sure how you think he isn’t marketable.

Luka is nice af and he’s playing the clippers, one of the favorites to win it all. That’s a slam dunk in terms of marketing. Giannis is playing the magic, casual fans can’t name 2 players on that roster.

Giannis ranked #2 in jersey sales and has his own shoe while having an impossible last name to pronounce and plays in Milwaukee. Not sure how you think he isn’t marketable.

Not to mention Giannis is about to have back to back MVP's, a DPOY award, favorites to make it out of the East all at the young age of 25....but what can you do when Luka has the Trump card for the face of the league convo.

giphy (1).gif

Only person I'll watch speak on this is Sharpe. Not in the mood for any other clowns this morning.

I don't even think she's speaking on it but I wanted to hear if Stephen A is still on his "you players better go to work!!" nonsense. He said something like I'm so proud of the players then I cut it off. She introduced him and just seeing her I'm like she probably think all is a inconvenience.

I don't even think she's speaking on it but I wanted to hear if Stephen A is still on his "you players better go to work!!" nonsense. He said something like I'm so proud of the players then I cut it off. She introduced him and just seeing her I'm like she probably think all is a inconvenience.
Will never forget her main gripe over 45's travel ban to many Muslim and African countries was that her flight got delayed :lol: :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom