OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they end up resuming play in a few days. The stick to playing basketball, we don’t even watch the NBA anyway, who cares about their protest crowd are going to be the same to turnaround and laugh at the players for falling in line to not lose their nba checks while throwing in some Hong Kong whataboutism garbage. Personally F them, their opinion doesn’t matter nor hold any weight, but I hope the players are united when they meet today and ignore all the outside noise and critics.

Exactly. Their opinions don't matter anyway. The same people complaining about the NBA now, swear up and down they stopped watching years ago lol.

People are just using the NBA as a way to grandstand politically. Charlie Kirk swore he's been boycotting the NBA since 2011 yet comments on it every other day lol

Last edited:
Technically, LeBron and Steph are still the faces of the league. I am projecting who is NEXT. And at this pace, Luka is headed towards taking that spot.
At this pace?

Why does the "At this Pace" argument support your claim?

As if Nigerian is 32 years old right now.

Explain your reasoning why there will be a drop in Giannis's marketability since Luka is "on pace" to surpass him.

Use logic if you will.

1598537485496.png

At this pace?

Why does the "At this Pace" argument support your claim?

As if Nigerian is 32 years old right now.

Explain your reasoning why there will be a drop in Giannis's marketability since Luka is "on pace" to surpass him.

Use logic if you will.

1598537485496.png

You crossed out skill set, but you even said Lukas offensive skillet is superior! That’s what sells.

You crossed out skill set, but you even said Lukas offensive skillet is superior! That’s what sells.
Luka is a more fundementally sound offensive player than GIannis.

So overall Skill-set is the reason why he will eventially surpass Giannis?

That is your main claim?

Boston Chicago 09
Chicago Philly 2012
Minor correction - 09 BOS v CHI was #2 v #7. My favorite playoff series ever. Yes it would have been a much different series with a healthy KG but he wasn’t. And we got 7 games with 4 games going to OT. Game 6 went to triple OT. Insane

Luka’s popularity should be compared to Zion.
They’re both being pushed as the next one up.

Wonder whats the split in terms of endorsements ?

Luka’s popularity should be compared to Zion.
They’re both being pushed as the next one up.

Wonder whats the split in terms of endorsements ?

I don't think Luka is being pushed, he's just a really good player. I don't think he's getting any more of a push than Dirk or Steve Nash got. He's white and obviously that's appealing but he's not American and I think there's a ceiling to his appeal for mainstream fans.

I don't think he'll ever get to that Kobe, LeBron level of popularity.

I don't think Luka is being pushed, he's just a really good player. I don't think he's getting any more of a push than Dirk or Steve Nash got. He's white and obviously that's appealing but he's not American and I think there's a ceiling to his appeal for mainstream fans.

Just saying, Giannis isn’t American either.

he just signed an endorsement deal to be one of the faces of JB. and he's playing in the peak of the social media era which Steve and dirk didn't. he's getting a push and he deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom