OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically life? :lol:
F52E6615-BC6C-46F1-B262-349BF04C17D2.gif

Woah. Thought dude would be coaching an MLS team before he would be coaching a basketball team. But he's well respected around the league by both players, coaches, and pundits. Should be interesting. I wonder if KD mentioned this to Brooklyn when they were attempting to woo him to Brooklyn?If so, then that means Atkinson never had a chance. Kyrie out here playing checkers by asking for Lue and Kidd while KD out here playing Chess having Nash already lined up for the job.

HOF 2x MVP point guard wants to coach your team and your star players want him as their coach...you hire that man. Pretty simple.

I believe in Nash. Also, give Kidd another head coaching job goddammit.

i tried to tell yall Pascal not good all last yr. Back to Madagascar bum!
Not good or not great? Hes good. Hes just not a #1.

Considering he started playing ball at 17, 9yrs ago.. i wouldnt say hes not good.

Ok...next question since we've established PG's skip lines.....has their been any really successful PG Coachs? Besides Kerr with that HOF roster?

Why are PG's assumed to be good coaches? Becuase the narrative is always that they're the 2nd coach on the floor? The Floor General? Most PG coaches be cheeks.

Are you just talking about PG coaches that have “skipped the line” or any PGs-turned-coaches? Because if it’s all of them, then yes, they’ve been pretty successful.

Lenny Wilkens is among all-time win leaders as a head coach. Nate McMillian has gotten his teams to the playoffs consistently everywhere he’s been, though doesn’t have a ring. Ty Lue has a ring as a head coach. Mark Jackson took GSW to the playoffs when he was there.

There’s also been some failures too though. Magic’s stint as a head coach was a bit of a disaster.

Not good or not great? Hes good. Hes just not a #1.

Considering he started playing ball at 17, 9yrs ago.. i wouldnt say hes not good.
not as good as I want him to be I mean. Not great as he has to be. Not his fault, just the circumstances he's in. He needs to find a way to become a star in the next 8 hours.

Domino effect, does this mean Ty Lue goes to Philly?

I suppose Houston is an option, but I don't think they want to pay for an expensive hire if/when D'Antoni is let go.

Bruh what? MAy? lmaooo. These dudes goofy.

Didnt Kidd want the job? What's his next move? He sick of LA too.

Philly
New Orleans

Still out there, I'd like to think Ty Lue is probably the most likely next up unless Pop is really looking to leave SA.

not as good as I want him to be I mean. Not great as he has to be. Not his fault, just the circumstances he's in. He needs to find a way to become a star in the next 8 hours.
Thats my guy but hes not a #1 option. Been said we overpaid him.

I do hope he takes the next steps and proves me wrong tho.

Just at times watching him is like that scene in Above The Rim when Kyle is playing Shepp and Shepp stops every move he makes. Mad frustrating to watch.

Late bloomer tho, hes going thru struggles and learning **** on the fly these other cats learned at a much younger age and smaller stage.

freeze freeze
lamekilla lamekilla

So, I agree that the decision was made because KD/Kyrie probably wanted him. I am not denying that portion at all.

Them wanting them and him getting the job doesn't mean White Privilege isn't present.

I am not saying it WAS but I am saying to believe it isn't simply because "The players wanting him" just isn't true.

I agree, I’m not gonna sit here and say white privilege hasn’t been present in a situation like this before. Nash probably didn’t even get interviewed if we’re keeping it a buck but If KD wanted Nate McMillan as the Nets HC, he without a doubt would’ve been. Same with Mark Jackson.

Siakam is a very good #2. Doesn’t have the creation skills to be THE GUY on a championship team. Last year’s setup was perfect.

With that said though, Toronto is really good and has several guys that can step up and hit big shots. TEAM effort.

i tried to tell yall Pascal not good all last yr. Back to Madagascar bum!

Seeing as this is his first time ever leading a team, I wouldn't say he's not good. It's just a role he's not familiar with. I think his ideal situation would be being a 2nd or 3rd on a title contender.

The reason the playoffs are so superstar driven and scrappy teams with good but not great players struggle is because in a seven-game series, coaches can queue in on players and learn their tendencies. There's a big difference between playing a team on a random night in the regular season and playing them every other day for two weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom