OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this meme comes back to bite him in the ***... lawdddd

924166E5-42B3-4160-A1D2-B066E591B4C8.jpeg

Duncan Robinson getting off 10 3's a game over the last 3 games while making 45% of them. 13 3PA last night. Shouldn't be happening this late into a series. 2-2 series after the first 2 games, one was a 6pt Loss the other Miami couldn't buy a shot. Bam's impact since he's been back in the series has been huge, and Duncan is a direct correlation to that.

Jimmy is doing a great job of mitigating the top end talent advantage some, but the lakers still win there.

On paper it's always the 3-9 guys that you worry about, but it hasn't mattered much because they've played well, and they've been in short, pressure less series.

AD + Bron + 3 of Kuz/Rondo/Green/KCP/Kief making just enough shots is too much to overcome for Miami, even if their role guys are making shots, which is why LAL should win game 6. But the Lakers are prone to cold streaks, and haven't been great at shooting this year. Who knows in a 2 game sample size.

Fun series.

Bron and AD gonna do their thing. But Lakers are at they're best when Playoff Rondo, Playoff Dwight, and Alex Ginobili all show up and play great defense, .... and at least 1-2 shooters knockin down 3-5 threes (KCP, Kieff, or Kuz) to keep the heat defense honest.

Last night saw Nunn of the above.

Probably the most reflective stat on the kind of player he is that I've seen yet this series, all effort and all heart :pimp:

He's been making an awful lot of players, teams and fans look pretty bad in hindsight by capping off this run by dropping an all time finals performance so far with the cards stacked against him.

Put me in the club of people who underestimated Jimmy. Even said last year I wouldn’t want him on the Clippers. Comparing his playoff run to PG’s, uh, yeah...

8232059F-1477-4553-9032-EB3BFFD385FA.gif

This might be a hot take but this series is an example of superstars getting too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose.

After two games, I was told AD was the best player in the world.

Two games after that, Lebby is FMVP and maybe in his own tier.

A game later, Lebby is passive and Jimmy is better than James and Yanni.

Rollercoaster :lol:

You are 100% correct.

Lakers aren't winning Game 4 without KCP's contributions and as amazing as Stringer was in Game 5 the Heat are dead in the water without Duncan Robinson and Kendrick Nunn showing out.

Conversely for the Lakers the supporting cast was bad no major contributions outside of Rondo and KCP. On top of that ball watching giving Duncan Robinson great looks and committing stupid like Dwert's flagrant that lead to 6 point Heat possession and Karl and Rondo giving up 4 point plays.

Whatever happens the rest of the series, respect to Jimmy. Guy is emptying the tank.

I give Jimmy crap for The Tall Tales but in all seriousness, his leadership this series is inspirational. Not only is he putting the team on his back but he’s clearly uplifting his teammates and making sure they get credit despite his historic performances. Regardless of what tier you have him in, he’s teflon right now.

Think Rondo should’ve been playing in the late minutes. Kieff’s presence was non existent too.

Heat are some tough bastards and it was never gonna be easy, hats off to them for their play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom