OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

that’s the weirdest part to me. dudes act like the vast majority of the country isn’t regular *** housing with decent prices.

I love the people from up north moving here cuz it’s cheaper and safer just to tell me how great it is where they moved from :lol:

the older I get the less I give a af. I’ve worked in night clubs and fancy *** places to eat my whole life. I couldn’t care less most the time, I don’t need that in my immediate walking distance.

my boy’s mom is building a house on a lake with 2 acres for 700k an hour out of the city. That’s way cooler to me than getting a 1500 sq ft condo on the 40th floor in congested *** downtown. They can fight over their rat box apartments, been there done that.

Even political scientist have been speaking out against the both sides nonsense too.

The problem without regulatory process is the Republican Party. This is another example of it.

But dudes always want to make the contrarian "both sides" takes.
So who is the blame Rusty?

Not gonna argue that, but places that are expensive to live tend to have a lot of things to do, great food options, and the the convenience of everything you need being in close proximity.

Not really a surprise that someone coming from a major city would find life in the suburbs/country a little dull in comparison.

Ohh nah nah I get that, they just never seem to realize nobody cares. Like the regional equivalent of unsolicited “oh I’m vegan” to me.

the older I get the less I give a af. I’ve worked in night clubs and fancy *** places to eat my whole life. I couldn’t care less most the time, I don’t need that in my immediate walking distance.

family it already takes me 20 minutes to decide what I want off doordash if I’m not just cheffing myself.

I don’t want that life :lol:

my boy’s mom is building a house on a lake with 2 acres for 700k an hour out of the city. That’s way cooler to me than getting a 1500 sq ft condo on the 40th floor in congested *** downtown. They can fight over their rat box apartments, been there done that.

Less libbies there as well which is the real bonus.

So who is the blame Rusty?
The GOP, clearly the GOP.

The Dems passed an extension to employment benefits, more stimulus money, and help for local government months ago. During this time, the GOP was saying that they thought a second stimulus was not necessary.

The GOP then waits until the last minute to try to nickel and dime regular folk.

So many credible economist have made recommendations on how to proceed, the Dems are following their advice, the GOP is not.

Dudes so caught up in the "they not agreeing to a deal to help regular people" and not looking at where the disagreements are at. Basically one side wants to look out for regular folk, and the other side is resisting.

The GOP, clearly the GOP.

The Dems passed an extension to employment benefits, more stimulus money, and help for local government months ago. During this time, the GOP was saying that they thought a second stimulus was not necessary.

The GOP then waits until the last minute to try to nickel and dime regular folk.

So many credible economist have made recommendations on how to proceed, the Dems are following their advice, the GOP is not.

Dudes so caught up in the "they not agreeing to a deal to help regular people" and not looking at where the disagreements are at. Basically one side wants to look out for regular folk, and the other side is resisting.

The Dems also rejected the offer for short-term extension of the $600 unemployment benefits while a decision is being made.

The Dems also rejected the offer for short-term extension of the $600 unemployment benefits while a decision is being made.

10814178-47E3-43BB-9DAE-F718A783BBD1.png

It says one week extension for 600 if I read it correctly just glanced at it

10814178-47E3-43BB-9DAE-F718A783BBD1.png

It says one week extension for 600 if I read it correctly just glanced at it

One short-term proposal kept it at $600 for one week -Dems rejected it

Another short-term proposal reduced it to $400 a week for 4 months- Dems rejected that as well

They wanted a guarantee that the GOP would continue to work on second stimulus bill, and the GOP couldn't guarantee that.

The Dems passed $600 through the end of the year. The GOP sat on this issue for months.

Wipe the biscuit crumbs off of your mouth and go lotion ya legs.

Another short-term proposal reduced it to $400 a week for 4 months- Dems rejected that as well
What did the GOP do when the Dems passed the Heroes Act, which gave the $600 through the end of the year?

This is a trash take, more both sides steez

The Heroes Act got passed months ago.
it aint a trash take
im im not just talking about THIS issue
they both have blame in the failure of america
and its inadequacy
is one side better than the other RIGHT now???
yeah
but they both have equal blame
i know racist democrats
just like i know racist republicans
so nah my take wasnt trash
both sides are
u disagree thats cool
thats ur prerogative
but dont tell me how i should feel
both sides are trash
one just conceals their agenda a lil better

it aint a trash take
im im not just talking about THIS issue
they both have blame in the failure of america
and its inadequacy
is one side better than the other RIGHT now???
yeah
but they both have equal blame
i know racist democrats
just like i know racist republicans
so nah my take wasnt trash
both sides are
u disagree thats cool
thats ur prerogative
but dont tell me how i should feel
both sides are trash
one just conceals their agenda a lil better
This is another trash *** take

What did the GOP do when the Dems passed the Heroes Act, which gave the $600 through the end of the year?

Rejected it.

That is my point. I hope both the Democrats and Republicans can reach a resolution for the individuals and small businesses that need it. Instead of playing politics

Rejected it.

That is my point. I hope both the Democrats and Republicans can reach a resolution for the individuals and small businesses that need it. Instead of playing politics
Which proposal give more help to regular folk, when it comes to unemployment benefits

The Heroes or the Heal Act?

Remember, if you say something stupid about economics I will point it out.

This is another trash *** take
look wont u take ur **** to the political thread
i can care less on what u think is a trash take
my area full of dems out here in cali
theyve done ****ty things too
i dont view them as the end all be all to save america
instead of just saying something is a trash take
wont u explain
and speak on why u believe the opposite
all u doing is coming in here being a damn negative nancy
come with some positivity every once in a while

Bro it’s one week wtf is one week the 400 for four months alright it’s understandable but u talking about 600 for one week

Which proposal give more help to regular folk

As always, I defer to you on matters on the economy.

My only point is that both sides have rejected proposals to extend the $600 in unemployment benefits. And the latest rejection has resulted in those benefits ending for many Americans. Determining whose proposal is better really doesn't do much for people that have lost that additional unemployment benefit as both sides try to figure it out.

Hopefully both sides can come to an agreement soon.

Bro it’s one week wtf is one week the 400 for four months alright it’s understandable but u talking about 600 for one week

Dems rejected the 4 months as well.

And while one week might not seem like much to you or me, it probably means something to all of the unemployed individuals who will not receive that additional benefit for a week.

Which proposal give more help to regular folk, when it comes to unemployment benefits

one gave more to regular folk
but was just a drop in the bucket of what we deserve
and NEED
compared to what they gave to special interest
and to what im sure they pocketed

We can’t accept any GOP proposal that gives businesses liability protection. You can’t FORCE people into dangerous situations and then strip away their ability to legally protect themselves.

See, that is some EVIL bull. GOP pretty much yelling in your face that you’re sacrificial lamb for the sake of “the economy.”

Evil, evil, evil. Save your “both sides” garbage. One side doesn’t really care about you (Democrats), but one side is literally trying to sacrifice you and take away your rights (Republicans). It’s not the same. Pretending it’s the same is how we got Trump, 170K dead Americans, anti-masks, anti-science, white nationalism, etc etc.

Last edited:
Another thing I would like to point about in regards to helping "regular" people. The Dems want to bailout state and local economies that are facing budget shortfalls because of Covid. This is very important because when you want to balance a budget you have two option, raising taxes or cutting programs. On the state and local level, austerity will be chosen; but austerity hurts lower income communities.

First budget shortfalls means job cuts across state and local governments. Not only from civil servants but for the third party business they contract to do everything from helping with their work to cleaning their offices. This hurt will trickle down to other business that rely on dollars from public workers.

Second, things that will be on the chopping block will be public services in healthcare, housing, education, public transportation, etc. Local programs that lower income people depend on. Since African Americans are more clustered towards the end of the income ladder, these cuts will disproportionately hurt vulnerable minority communities. So we will see even more divestment from minority communities. Furthermore, in places where conservatives control, and there are high minority communities, you will see new schemes to extract money from these communities. So hello to higher fines for small legal infractions like jaywalking.

One of the biggest attacks on constitutional freedoms going on right now is the attack on voting rights, against especially for African Americans. Covid already hit African American communities hard because of broken social and economic systems that were in place before this virus showed up. Now if black folk are scared to vote in a pandemic, the best option would be voting by mail. One party wants to ensure people can do this in the fall by bailing out the USPS (which is only in trouble because of a stupid law the GOP forced through), the other side is trying its best to sabotage the vote by mail system because they was to keep power.

Someone can't claim to be for helping regular folk, be for helping black people, while putting their head in the sand about the economic consequences of our important institutions and organizations regular folk depend on being helped as well.

look wont u take ur **** to the political thread
i can care less on what u think is a trash take
my area full of dems out here in cali
theyve done ****ty things too
i dont view them as the end all be all to save america
instead of just saying something is a trash take
wont u explain
and speak on why u believe the opposite
all u doing is coming in here being a damn negative nancy
come with some positivity every once in a while

This is ANOTHER trash take. When one side is anti-masks, there’s no more good-faith “both sides” arguments, it’s time to vote them out completely. There’s levels to this.

Back
Top Bottom